Homemade pigs in a blanket is one of those simple recipes that’s a big hit at every gathering. If you're wondering what to serve with pigs in a blanket for your next party, you've come to the right place!
After all, nothing says "game day" or "celebration" quite like little smokies wrapped in puff pastry. The combination of crispy, golden brown crescent rolls and juicy cocktail sausages is absolutely mouthwatering!
What sides go well with pigs in a blanket?
My Pigs in a Blanket recipe is an easy appetizer or main dish that pairs well with a variety of delicious sides. You have so many options depending on what you're in the mood for—or what you have in the pantry.
You can choose salads, potato dishes, crisp veggies, cooked veggies, and more! Don't forget to whip up some dipping sauce for extra flavor, and plan something sweet for dessert.
Potato and pasta salads
Have you ever been to a Super Bowl party without potato salad or pasta salad? Me neither! They’re a great addition to crescent roll pigs in a blanket. Creamy potatoes, tangy dressings, and tender pasta contrast nicely with the smoky flavors of sausage links.
- Deviled egg potato salad
- Avocado pasta salad
- Loaded baked potato salad
- Southern-style ham pasta salad
- German potato salad
- Southern potato salad
- Italian bow-tie pasta salad
- Creamy BLT pasta salad
Every hearty meal needs some fresh veggies, too! Pigs in a blanket is fabulous finger food, so feel free to serve cooked or raw vegetables for munching.
- Sauteed Brussels sprouts
- Steamed corn on the cob
- Air fryer roasted carrots in a maple syrup glaze
- Steamed broccoli and cauliflower
- Lemon juice and garlic roasted broccoli
- Roasted zucchini
- Steamed green beans
- Crisp baby carrots
- Fresh broccoli and ranch dressing
- Pan-roasted vegetables sauteed in butter and olive oil
- Candied sweet potatoes with brown sugar
- Sauteed spinach
- Spicy roasted sweet potato wedges
- Cheesy potatoes with garlic butter
- Mashed potatoes and cauliflower made with sour cream
Beans, fries and chips
Need another easy finger food for your next potluck or casual holiday party? Fries and chips come in all kinds, shapes, and sizes.
- Green bean fries
- Zucchini fries
- Slow cooker baked beans
- Crispy French fries
- Loaded tachos or nachos
- Your favorite potato chips
What's for dessert?
Your meal just isn't complete without a sweet treat! A sugary dessert is the perfect complement to the savory flavor of pigs in a blanket. Choose refreshing fruit-flavored sweets or splurge on decadent chocolate cakes!
- Gourmet caramel apples
- Gooey brownies
- White chocolate chip cranberry cookies
- No-bake lemon icebox pie
- Strawberry shortcake
- Pecan pie bars
- Mexican fruit salad
- Berry parfait
- Easy lemon bars
- Apple pie
- Ice cream sundaes
- No-bake Oreo balls
- Boston cream pie
- Homemade buckeyes
What side dishes don't go with hot dogs?
The best side dishes complement your main course. You never want to pair foods with conflicting flavors or include similar recipes in the same meal.
Pigs in a blanket are little hot dogs wrapped in pastry—so don’t serve them with other sausage-themed sides or breads.
These sides are also great with...
If you love pigs in blanket, I have good news: there’s an endless supply of easy main courses that feature meat in a bun, wrap, or pastry. Yum!
Next time, mix up your menu with these recipes:
- Roast Beef Rollups are filled with deli beef, cream cheese, cheddar, and spinach. Pop a few of these little sandwiches for a quick lunch!
- Meaty and cheesy Sloppy Joe Sliders are a perfect side dish for tailgating or an easy recipe for a busy weeknight dinner!
- Puff Pastry Sausage Rolls are the fancy relatives of pigs in a blanket—but don't worry. You don't have to be fancy to enjoy 'em!