Sweet Potato Wedges – Last week I shared an amazing recipe for Cuban Pork Chops – if you haven’t tried it yet and you’re a meat-eater, then you definitely need to give it a try!
Last week I shared an amazing recipe for Cuban Pork Chops – if you haven’t tried it yet and you’re a meat-eater, then you definitely need to give it a try! It has such a unique flavor and the marinade keeps the chops so moist and flavorful!
Along with them I made some really yummy sweet potato wedges. They were so easy and so good good I knew this would be a recipe you’d enjoy also! You’re gonna love these – crispy on the outside and creamy on the inside, so perfect!
I think potatoes get a bad rap – both white and sweet potatoes are nutritious, albeit white potatoes are higher in carbs they have taken a beating in recent years with the low carb craze. My Dad has taught me, no matter what it is – portion size is key!
Portion control is especially hard when the tatters are this good! 😀 These are super simple and here’s the recipe!
Sweet Potato Wedges
- 2 large sweet potatoes or yams
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon corn starch
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Optional garnish - cilantro and lime wedges
- Preheat oven to 400
- Scrub the potatoes well and cut it into large wedges. Place in a large bowl and add the olive oil. Stir the sweet potatoes well so they are completely coated with the oil.
- Measure out all of the spices into a bowl, mix them well and sprinkle them over the sweet potatoes. Be sure that each wedge is coated with the spice mixture.
- Spray your baking sheet liberally with non-stick coating - spread the tatter wedges onto the baking sheet, spread them out so there is some space in-between each wedge.
- Bake for 20 minutes, at 10 minutes, remove from the oven and flip them over so each side gets crispy and crunchy.
- Before serving topped with chopped cilantro and freshly squeezed lime juice