The whole family is going to go crazy for this Chicken Spaghetti Recipe with Rotel. This is the easiest pasta casserole and everyone is going to flip for this recipe!
If you love this recipe, be sure and try crockpot chicken and gravy next!
Table of contents
Why you'll love this recipe
This classic casserole is a family favorite. Mom's love it because it's so simple to make, leftovers heat up great on day two, plus it freezes well! If there are leftovers of course!
Anything that's made with simple pantry ingredients gets five stars in my book!
For the exact measurements, please refer to the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
- cooked chicken breasts - rotisserie chicken works great for this, you can even use leftover crockpot chicken and gravy. Poached chicken or any leftover chicken.
- dry spaghetti - linguine, fettuccini, bucatini - you can even use short pasta if you'd prefer (but then it wouldn't be chicken spaghetti with rotel of course).
- cream of chicken soup - celery or cream of mushroom soup can be substituted.
- Rotel Tomatoes - Rotel is actually canned diced tomatoes with chilies. It's a little spicy and the perfect combination for this dish. If you can't find it, use canned diced tomatoes combined with 2 tablespoons of canned diced green chilies.
- cream cheese - for the perfect creamy goodness!
- shredded cheese - I used Colby, but you can use cheddar, mozzarella or even provolone.
- evaporated milk - no evaporated milk? Use cream instead.
- ranch dressing - a heaping tablespoon of dry seasoning.
This is an overview of the instructions. For the complete directions just scroll down to the bottom!
- Preheat the oven and grease the casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray, set aside.
- Cook the pasta in well salted water according to package directions, drain well.
- In a large pot, combine the Rotel, cream of chicken soup, evaporated milk and cream cheese. Heat over medium heat, stirring constantly, until the soup, tomatotes, milk and cheese have melted and are creamy.
- Add the seasoning and chicken and combine.
- Next stir in the cooked spaghetti, mix well. Pour the mixture into the prepared casserole dish and top with shredded cheddar cheese.
- Bake uncovered until hot and bubbly.
No, there's no need to cover the casserole while it's baking.
Yes this dish can be made up to three days ahead! Seal with foil and place in the refrigerator. When you're ready to bake it, just preheat the oven and bake as directed.
Cook the pasta in a large pot with plenty of water. Be sure to season it well. Two teaspoon per quart of water
To get a golden brown crust, place the cooked casserole under the broiler for 3-4 minutes. Keep an eye on it so it doesn't get burnt, just golden crispy brown!
Pro Tip: For best results, don't overcook the pasta! Be sure to boil the pasta to just al dente. Over cooking past makes it mushy.
Cut back on the carbs by using low carb pasta or take it a step further by using spaghetti squash - great substitute for the pasta and absolutely delicious!
For a crispy cheesy crust, crunch up Ritz or Goldfish crackers (goldfish are my personal favorite!) You'll need about ½ cup and just crunch them up a bit and sprinkle on the top of the casserole over the cheese.
Substitute sour cream for the cream cheese for a more creamy sauce. You can also add bell peppers for more veggie goodness.
Allow the chicken spaghetti casserole to completely cool. Then seal well and refrigerate for up to three days.
To reheat, preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Heat until hot and bubbly, about 25-30 minutes.
I don't know about you, but I'm loving all of these amazing casseroles that are on the menu lately!
- The Stuffed Bell Pepper Recipe has all the flavor of stuffed version but without all of the fussy prep work!
- And if you love a great corn chip and chili, then be sure and try this recipe for Frito Pie Casserole. That one is super yummy!
- Beef Noodle Casserole is tomato and cheesy goodness!
- Everyone in the family loves the Tater Tot Casserole. Have you tried it yet? This kid friendly meal will have everyone begging for seconds!
Easy Chicken Spaghetti Recipe with Rotel
- 3 cups chicken breast cooked and diced
- 16 ounces spaghetti break into 3 pieces
- 29 ounces cream of chicken soup that's two 14.5 ounce cans
- 10 ounces RoTel Tomatoes tomatoes with green chiles, undrained
- 6 ounces cream cheese
- 3 cups cheddar cheese
- 10 ounces evaporated milk
- 1 tablespoon ranch dressing (dry mix)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly grease a 9x13-inch casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray, set aside.
- Cook the pasta in well salted water according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- In a large pot, combine the Rotel (undrained), cream of chicken soup, evaporated milk and cream cheese. Heat over low heat, stirring constantly, until the cheeses have melted.
- Add the powdered ranch dressing, shredded chicken and cooked spaghetti. Mix well. Pour the mixture into the prepared casserole dish and top with shredded cheddar cheese.
- Bake uncovered for 20 to 30 minutes or until heated through and the dish is hot and bubbly.
- Looking for that golden brown top? Just tuck the casserole under the broiler for 3-4 minutes.