With only a handful of ingredients slow cooker chicken and gravy is an easy kid friendly meal the whole family will love! Made in the crockpot and served over rice or noodles it's simple and delicious!
Crockpot chicken and gravy is the easiest and best slow cooker meal! When you get home from your busy day, just shred the chicken (I love to use a handheld mixer for this.) and serve over rice or noodles. Dinner is done!
- 3-4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- salt & pepper
- garlic powder
- chicken gravy packets
- cream of chicken soup
- chicken broth
This is an overview of the instructions. For the complete directions for Crockpot Chicken and Gravy just scroll down to the bottom of this post!
- Season the chicken breast with salt, pepper and garlic powder, add them to the slow cooker.
- Whisk together the cream of chicken soup, gravy mix, chicken broth and mustard (if using!) until completely smooth. Pour over the chicken.
- Seal the crockpot and cook on low..
- When the chicken is tender and cooked, shred the chicken.
- Serve over white rice, noodles or mashed potatoes, enjoy!
If you don't want to use a gravy packet, consider making your gravy from scratch! Over here you'll find great step by step instructions, how to make homemade gravy.
Absolutely! There is no need to cook the chicken first. However if you decide to sear it first, it's going to add a bit more flavor. Either way, this is a delicious meal!
There are many shortcuts to add additional flavor to a gravy mix. Consider adding a couple tablespoons of minced fresh herbs, a healthy pinch of red chili powder, a splash of dry white wine or a couple teaspoons of dijon mustard. Any of this will a just a little something and make your gravy even tastier!
- The easiest way to shred this chicken is with a handheld mix on low. Takes about two minutes for an easy mess-free method! Be sure to keep it on low though, if you turn the mixer any higher the gravy will splatter!
If you have leftover slow cooker chicken and gravy, but not enough for another full meal, how about making some soup? Add fresh sautéed or frozen vegetables and extra chicken stock and you'll have a yummy chicken soup. Toss in your leftover rice or pasta as well. It's a great way to stretch a buck and repurpose your leftovers!
Add baby potatoes and sliced mushrooms to the crockpot with the chicken. They will cook together and all be done at the same time!
If you're looking for a great Thanksgiving dinner, sub out the chicken for turkey breasts. Just as delicious!
I'm such a big fan of an easy crockpot recipe! It's delicious over mashed potatoes, egg noodles and white or brown rice. Be sure to ladle a big spoonful of the gravy mixture on top!
Store leftovers in an airtight container. It will keep in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.
Shredded meat is a great way to add flavor and stretch a meal. This recipe for juicy shredded chicken uses bbq sauce and pepperoncini's for a tangy chicken that is terrific in sandwiches, on pizza or topping a salad.
If you're looking for more yummy slow cooker recipes, be sure to check out crockpot shredded chicken tacos here. Loads of flavor and super simple, everyone loves tacos!
I love all the flavor that's rendered in this recipe for Cola pulled pork made in the instant pot, even though it cooks so quickly!
Crockpot Chicken and Gravy
- 3-4 skinless boneless chicken breasts
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 .87 ounce chicken gravy mix
- 1 10.5 ounce can cream of chicken soup
- 14.5 ounce can of chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard optional
- Prepare the crockpot by spraying with nonstick cooking spray.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper, place chicken breast in the crockpot.
- In a small bowl combine the cream of chicken soup, gravy mix, chicken broth and mustard (if using!) until completely smooth. Pour over the chicken.
- Seal the crockpot and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- When the chicken is tender and cooked, remove and shred with two forks. Return it to the chicken to the slow cooker. Mix everything together well.
- Serve over cooked rice, noodles or mashed potatoes, enjoy!