This Slow Cooker Chicken Bacon Ranch recipe is perfect for a weeknight dinner. It's simple, and the slow cooker does all the work for you. Plus, it's one of those recipes the whole family loves!
Next time try Crockpot Chicken and Gravy - you'll love this great recipe, it's a family favorite!
Why you'll love this recipe
✔️ Easy to find ingredients that you probably have on hand.
✔️ Crockpot crack chicken is tasty, comforting and simple to make.
✔️ It will please even the pickiest eaters at your dinner table!
For the exact measurements for this easy dinner recipe, please refer to the printable recipe card at the bottom of this post.
- chicken breasts
- cream cheese
- ranch dressing mix
- cheddar cheese
- green onions chopped
- crispy bacon
This is an overview of the instructions to make the slow cooker crack chicken recipe. For the complete directions just scroll down to the bottom!
- Spray crockpot with a stick cooking spray.
- Add chicken breasts to slow cooker. Sprinkle with ranch dressing, top with cubed cream cheese. Cover, cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Uncover and shred the creamy chicken with two forks or a hand mixer. Top chicken with shredded cheese and bacon bits. Cover until melted. Finish by sprinkling with sliced green onions. Serve and enjoy!
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
- Slow Cooker
It's not what you think, I promise! It's because of the seasonings. Years ago the seasoning was sold in a yellow container with just hatched baby chicks on it with broken or "cracked" shells!
You used frozen chicken, as it thaws it releases water and makes the casserole watery. OR the chicken was injected with water.
No, this recipe uses raw chicken. If your chicken is frozen, it's best to thaw it first.
Chicken will take 6-8 hours to cook in the slow cooker on low.
Chicken will cook better on low, to prevent it from being tough or stringy.
- Be sure to spray your slow cooker well, or you can use a slow cooker liner for easy clean up.
- The bacon should be cooked crispy so there is crunch and texture in the chicken mixture.
- If you are using frozen chicken breasts, thaw first so your mixture isn't watery.
- Full fat cream cheese really works best for this recipe.
- If you don't have ranch dressing mix, you can substitute Italian dressing mix. It's a little more tangy and will give it that extra little zip.
- Add some spice to this Crockpot Crack Chicken recipe by using Fiesta Ranch Mix instead of the original mix.
- Boneless skinless chicken thighs can be used in place of chicken breasts.
- Change up this recipe by using turkey bacon instead of regular crispy bacon.
- Add veggies! Try adding in 1 cup of bell peppers, mushrooms and/or zucchini in the last hour of cook time.
- Use any kind of cheese you like in this dish. Pepper jack is also great!
- Skip the burger buns and make lettuce wraps with the chicken mixture instead, yum!
Refrigerator - Store leftover crockpot crack chicken in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
Freezer - This chicken can be cooked, then shredded or sliced and put into freezer bags or freezer-safe containers for up to 3 months.
Reheating - When reheating the chicken, add a little bit of milk or chicken broth to thin it a little bit. Heat in a saucepan over low heat until heated through. Or in the microwave for one to two minutes.
- If you are looking for another easy slow cooker recipe this Crockpot Shredded Chicken Tacos is simple, and filled with delicious flavor.
- Deliciously addictive Crack Dip is a hit at any party!
- Slow Cooker Santa Fe Chicken is full of flavor and is great for salads and burritos.
- Serve on hamburger buns, over tender egg noodles or rice, this also makes a delicious lettuce wrap. There are so many different ways to enjoy it. Anyway you serve it, it's delicious!
- You can never go wrong with a Steakhouse Salad as a side to a hearty make.
- Make a big batch of sweet potato wedges. It will go great if you're serving this as a burger!
- Finish off your family dinner with this Apple Spice Bundt Cake that only requires a few basic ingredients.
Don't forget to check out my Amazon storefront for some of my favorite products! 🛍️
If you love this recipe please leave a ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ rating!
Slow Cooker Chicken Bacon Ranch
- 4 chicken breasts
- 8 ounces cream cheese cubed
- 1 packet ranch seasoning mix
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 green onions choppedd
- 6 slices crispy cooked bacon crumbled
- Spray crockpot with a stick cooking spray.
- Add chicken breasts to the bottom of the slow cooker. Sprinkle with ranch dressing, top with cubed cream cheese. Cover, cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Uncover shred chicken. Top chicken with shredded cheese and bacon. Cover until melted. Finish by sprinkling with sliced green onions. Serve and enjoy!