If you're looking for an easy, delicious dinner option, checkout this Crockpot Angel Chicken Recipe! It's packed with flavor and perfect for those nights when you don't have a lot of time to cook. Give this recipe a try tonight!
Another super popular slow cooker recipe is Crockpot Steak and Potatoes. It's amazing!
Why you'll love this recipe
✔️ It's easy to make and only requires a few minutes of prep time.
✔️ Delicious and nutritious meal that the whole family will enjoy.
✔️ No need to heat up the kitchen, this recipe cooks right in the slow cooker.
Please refer to the printable recipe card at the bottom of this post for the exact measurements.
- boneless chicken breasts
- cream of chicken soup
- chicken stock
- cream cheese
- Italian seasoning mix (one packet)
- angel hair pasta
This is an overview of the instructions. For the complete directions just scroll down to the bottom!
- Spray the inside of the crockpot with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place boneless chicken breast halves in the bottom of the slow cooker, top with the chopped garlic.
- Soften the butter and cream cheese in the microwave and combine.
- Add the cream of chicken soup, Italian dressing mix and the chicken stock, whisking until smooth. Pour sauce over the chicken breasts.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours.
- Just before the chicken is done, cook the angel hair pasta, drain. Serve the chicken over the pasta.
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
- slow cooker
- small bowl
- large pot
To prevent your chicken from drying out, be sure to use boneless skinless chicken breasts. I also recommend cooking on the low setting for 6 to 8 hours.
Yes, you can put raw chicken in a slow cooker.
There is no need to flip the chicken breasts while cooking.
Yes, you can use frozen chicken in this new slow cooker recipe.
It's possible to overcook chicken in a crockpot, so I recommend checking it at the 6 hour mark to see if it's done.
It usually takes about 6-8 hours to cook chicken breasts in the crockpot on low heat.
- If you're not a fan of angel hair pasta, substitute with your favorite pasta type.
- For super easy clean up you can use a slow cooker liner for this recipe.
- To make this creamy sauce thinner, you can add chicken broth or heavy cream.
- You don't need to melt butter or cream cheese, but soften them enough that you can mix them together.
- Do not mix the Italian dressing packet per the package directions, you want to add it into this recipe dry.
- Use a can of cream of mushroom soup instead of cream of chicken soup.
- Instead of a dry Italian salad dressing mix, you can use ranch dressing mix for a different flavor.
- Chicken tenderloins or boneless skinless chicken thighs can be used instead of chicken breasts, but I recommend reducing the cooking time.
- Add fresh button mushrooms or green beans to this creamy slow cooker angel chicken.
- For a little extra flavor, top with some shredded Parmesan cheese.
- If you love mushrooms you can use a can of Campbell's Golden Mushroom Soup in place of the cream of chicken soup, that's super yummy!
- Add in a tablespoon of fresh chives to this dish for a delicious flavor.
Refrigeration: Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Reheating: Reheat in the microwave or on the stove until warm all the way through.
Freezing: You can freeze the chicken and cream sauce, however I don't recommend freezing the pasta.
- Crockpot Crack Chicken is one of my favorite crock pot recipes, it's full of cheesy ranch flavor that the entire family will love.
- Chicken and Bacon Pasta Recipe - this cheesy skillet dinner comes together quickly!
- If you are looking for another delicious dish to make in the slow cooker give this Crockpot Chicken and Gravy a try.
- Change up taco night with this Crockpot Chicken Taco Soup, it's a great recipe that even the picky eaters will enjoy.
- Crock Pot Ranch Chicken - another great meal that is terrific over mashed potatoes, rice or pasta - yum!!
You'll find all of our favorite crockpot recipes here!
- This Shaved Brussel Sprout Salad is my favorite recipe to serve with a creamy dish like this one.
- My Air Fryer Garlic Bread recipe only needs simple ingredients that you most likely already have on hand.
- If you are looking for a simple vegetable side dish, look no further than Steamed Brussel Sprouts.
Don't forget to check out my Amazon storefront for some of my favorite products! 🛍️
If you love this recipe please leave a ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ rating!
Crockpot Angel Chicken
- 1 ½ pounds boneless skinless chicken breast 4-5 chicken breasts
- 10.5 ounces cream of chicken soup
- 14.5 ounces chicken stock (that's one can of chicken stock)
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- ¼ cup butter
- ½ teaspoons garlic powder
- 0.6 ounces Italian salad dressing mix one packet
- 1 pound angel hair pasta
I earn a commission from Instacart from qualifying purchases.
- Spray the inside of the crockpot with non stick cooking spray.
- Add the chicken breasts.
- Next add the butter, cream cheese, cream of chicken soup and chicken stock to a medium sized pan on the stove top over medium heat. Whisk until combined.
- Remove from heat and whisk in the garlic powder and Italian dressing mix. Whisk until smooth then pour over the chicken breasts.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours.
- When chicken is cooked and tender, shred with two forks if desired.
- Just before chicken is done, cook the angel hair pasta, drain. Serve the chicken over the pasta with plenty of the gravy from the slow cooker, enjoy!