Air Fryer Garlic Bread is a classic side dish that everyone loves. It's simple to make, using just a few ingredients, and turns out crispy and golden brown every time. It's the perfect side dish for most any meal!
Next time try this super yummy Cheesy Pizza Hut Breadsticks Recipe.
Why you'll love this recipe
✔️ Like the Air Fryer Baked Potatoes recipe, it's so simple.
✔️ Requires few ingredients and turns out an easy side dish for family meals.
✔️ Results in a crispy, golden brown garlic bread that the whole family will love.
For the exact measurements for the easy homemade garlic bread recipe, please refer to the printable recipe card at the bottom of this post.
- unsalted butter
- fresh garlic - substitute ½ teaspoon garlic powder if you'd prefer.
- shredded parmesan cheese or Romano cheese.
- dried Italian seasoning - of course you can use fresh herbs, but I like the convenience of dried seasoning.
- French baguette, ciabatta bread or an Italian loaf is perfect for this recipe.
This is an overview of the instructions. For the complete directions just scroll down to the bottom!
- Slice the bread ½ inch to 1 inch thickness.
- In a small mixing bowl combine the softened butter, minced garlic, parmesan cheese, and dried parsley to make the homemade garlic butter.
- Slather the garlic butter mixture onto the sliced bread, sprinkling with additional parmesan if desired.
- Place the slices of french bread in air fryer basket in a single layer.
- Bake for 5 minutes at 350 degrees.
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Yes! Bread toasts well in the air fryer with perfectly crispy edges.
Yes, you can freeze the garlic bread before cooking. Spread each slice with a layer of the butter mixture. Freeze in a single layer, then wrap well. It will last up to two months.
You can reheat garlic bread in the air fryer for 2-3 minutes at 350 degrees.
If you are cooking frozen garlic bread, increase the cook time to about 3 minutes.
Texas toast is a little thicker than traditional sliced bread, so increase the cook time to about 7 minutes.
No, you do not need to preheat the air fryer. Just place the sliced bread in the basket and cook.
- Use softened butter. Leave it out for at least 30 minutes.
- If you're serving a large crowd, you can double or even triple this recipe. However, you will need to make the garlic bread in batches.
- This is a great recipe to use up leftover stale bread.
- If you're not a garlic fan, you can reduce the amount of garlic in the recipe.
- If you have any extra butter mixture, you can spread it on top of the bread when it comes out of the air fryer. This will add even more flavor and deliciousness!
- You can also try using different types of breads, such as sourdough or French bread.
- Instead of parmesan cheese you can use mozzarella cheese to make extra cheese bread slices.
- Add a little bit of extra flavor to your garlic bread by using different herbs such as fresh parsley, basil or thyme.
- You can bake this bread in the oven at 350 degrees instead of an air fryer, it takes about 8 to 10 minutes to get a crispy piece of garlic bread in the oven.
Refrigerate - If you have any leftovers, store them in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-4 days.
Freeze - You can also freeze the garlic bread for up to 2 months. Be sure to store your garlic bread in a freezer-safe container.
Reheat - You can reheat garlic bread in the air fryer for 2-3 minutes at 350 degrees or in the oven for about 5-7 minutes at 350 degrees.
- If you love garlic bread, then you are going to love this Cheesy Garlic Bread recipe.
- Craving Pizza Hut's Cheese Breadsticks but don't want to leave the house? With this recipe you can make them at home!
- These Rolls from Frozen Dough are simple to make, and your family will devour them in seconds.
- If you'd like to do some old fashioned baking, be sure to give the easy yeast roll recipe a try. It's amazing and so simple!
- This is the best garlic bread for pasta night! Make Lemon Garlic Pasta, Chicken Alfredo with Peas, or the Chicken Alfredo Stuffed Shells Recipe. Which is your favorite?!
- Just as yummy is this Chicken Potato Casserole recipe - seriously drool-worthy!
- Steakhouse Salad is full of flavor and your family will love this simple salad.
- Steamed Brussel Sprouts are a delicious and healthy side dish that your family will love.
Don't forget to check out my Amazon storefront for some of my favorite products! 🛍️
If you love this recipe please leave a ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ rating!
Air Fryer Garlic Bread Recipe
- ¼ cup butter softened
- 4-6 cloves garlic minced
- ¾ cup parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1 French baguette sliced
I earn a commission from Instacart from qualifying purchases.
- Slice the bread 1 inch thick slices.
- In a small mixing bowl combine the softened butter, minced garlic, parmesan cheese, and dried parsley.
- Spread the homemade garlic butter mixture onto the sliced bread, topping with additional parmesan for even more cheesiness!
- Place garlic bread in air fryer basket in a single layer.
- Bake for 5 minutes at 350 degrees.