Don’t worry about spending hours making one of your favorite foods! This Pizza Hut Breadsticks Recipe starts with a refrigerated pizza crust and a handful of ingredients that’ll have you serving and enjoying these tasty morsels in no time!
These delicious breadsticks are great as snacks or served with a dipping sauce or pizza sauce!
Next time try these easy dinner rolls!
Why you'll love this recipe
You'll love this because it's easy without the fuss! No dragging out the kitchen aid mixer and digging for the dough hook. Don't worry, you don't need flour or yeast either! It's a perfect snack for pizza night or Friday night fun!
- This pizza recipe is super simple and convenient, using only 7 ingredients - the best part? It starts with refrigerated pizza crust!
- Easily adapt these bread sticks with your favorite pizza toppings.
- They’re hand-held snacks - perfect as a party snack or a lazy weekend family meal!
For the exact measurements for the breadstick recipe, please refer to the printable card at the bottom of this post. You only need a handful of simple ingredients.
- refrigerated pizza crust
- minced garlic
- mozzarella cheese and Parmesan cheese
- Italian seasoning - or a homemade seasoning like Montreal steak seasoning
- garlic salt - if you'd prefer a less garlicky breadstick, use a teaspoon salt (kosher), or why not grab some Pizza Hut breadstick seasoning to make it super authentic!
This is an overview of the instructions for the homemade breadsticks. For the complete directions just scroll down to the bottom!
- Preheat the oven.
- Place parchment paper on baking sheet, roll out dough.
- Melt butter in small bowl, add garlic and Italian seasoning. Brush butter mixture over pizza dough.
- Spread shredded mozzarella and parmesan cheese on top of the dough.
- Pre-slice pizza dough into before baking, cutting them in long strips.
- Bake 12-14 minutes or until golden brown and cheese is browned and bubbly.
- Slice the pan of breadsticks into 12 equal portions.
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
- Pizza pan, half sheet pan or pizza stone
- Pizza cutter
Yes! Just follow my homemade bread dough pizza recipe - well, technically not homemade as it uses a shortcut for added convenience!
No, not when using refrigerated pizza crust, like Pillsbury. If using homemade pizza dough then I recommend first baking the crust and adding the toppings afterward.
Definitely! In fact, I love using a pizza stone over anything else because it tends to create more even heating compared to metal pans. You'll need to preheat the pizza stone in the oven and reduce the oven temperature to 375F.
- A very cool tip is to lightly dust the surface of your pizza pan with some cornmeal which will give the crust added flavor and crisp! Not many people know this!
- If you add any toppings such as mushrooms or any canned items, make sure to drain them well otherwise the pizza could become soggy.
- If you don’t have a pizza cutter, use a sharp knife to pre-slice the crust. It makes it so much easier when the bread comes out of the oven and it's super hot.
- Line the bottom of the pan with parchment paper or use cooking spray for easy cleanup.
- To make the cheesesticks pull-part score lines on the dough before baking.
- Go ahead and use different cheeses for these pizza breadsticks. Just make sure the cheese chosen is one that melts well.
- Add toppings to your cheesy pizza breadsticks such as sliced ham, mushrooms, bell peppers, pepperoni, pineapple, bacon, sausage - you get the point!
- Consider making a traditional round pizza and serving these as pizza slices.
- Marinara sauce makes a terrific dipper!
- Make your own pizza dough instead of using refrigerated pizza crust. This bread dough pizza recipe is a great option to use.
- Easily make cheese sticks by rolling the refrigerated pizza crust into thin straws and then roll them in shredded cheese mixed with a half teaspoon onion powder and a half teaspoon garlic powder and bake!
- You could also use leftover dough if you're making a homemade pizza!
Cool to room temperature. Leftover cheesy pizza breadsticks should be stacked with a layer of parchment paper between them. Cover with plastic wrap or in an airtight container and refrigerate for 3-4 days.
You can also freeze your pizza breadsticks for up to 1-2 months. Thaw overnight in the refrigerator and reheat in the oven or air fryer.
Here are some of my favorite recipes that you should definitely try:
- Pizza bombs - Finger lick’n food that kids go crazy for.
- Air Fryer Garlic Bread Recipe - easy to make crispy garlic bread every time!
- CPK BBQ chicken pizza - why eat out when you make your own restaurant-quality pizza?!
- Garlic bread pizza - two of my favorites combined in one!
- Homemade Yeast rolls - these are so soft and fluffy!
Of course, turning this into an indulgent family main meal is also an option, especially if you serve it with homemade vanilla ice cream floats or treat yourselves to banana split milkshakes as dessert.
These warm breadsticks are fantastic as snacks for your next movie night. Enjoy some homemade caramel popcorn as a dessert, and you have a complete lineup!
Don't forget to check out my Amazon storefront for some of my favorite products! 🛍️
If you love this recipe please leave a ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ rating!
Super Cheesy Breadsticks Recipe
- 10 ounce refrigerated pizza crust I used Pillsbury refrigerated pizza dough.
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 teaspoon minced garlic
- ¾ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon garlic salt
I earn a commission from Instacart from qualifying purchases.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Roll dough out to fit the pizza pan and place on a pizza pan or baking sheet.
- Place butter, garlic and italian seasoning in a small mixing bowl. Microwave for 20 seconds or until melted. Brush butter mixture over pizza dough.
- Top with shredded mozzarella and parmesan cheese.
- Pre-slice pizza dough before baking.
- Bake 12-14 minutes or until cooked through and cheese is browned and bubbly.