Crockpot Cream Corn - sweet corn kernels that are buttery, rich and creamy! You won't believe how simple it is to make with pantry ingredients. Slow Cooker Creamed Corn does not get easier or better than this!
Crockpot Cream Cheese Corn
The first time I made this recipe for crockpot cream corn we grilled Tri-Tip and had a fresh fruit salad. And Dan went back for seconds.... for the corn!
But who was I to complain, I was standing in the kitchen eating it with a spoon!
THIS is an easy, wonderful side dish! Super simple and ridiculously good.
For the exact measurements, please refer to the printable recipe card at the bottom of this post.
- frozen corn - crunchy and fresh it's the next best thing to fresh corn!
- cream cheese - will help make this casserole cheesy and rich
- evaporated milk - easy pantry ingredients, though you can certainly substitute milk.
- butter - brings it all together
- salt, pepper and sugar - perfectly season this side dish.
This is an overview; for detailed instructions, just scroll down to the bottom!
- Add the corn to the crockpot.
- Cube the butter and cream cheese, add it on top of the corn.
- Pour in the milk.
- Sprinkle with seasoning
- Cover and cook for 2-3 hours
Surprisingly canned creamed corn doesn't contain cream! It has corn, salt, water and a thickening agent - no milk or cream!
You bet! Though this recipe calls for frozen corn, you can substitute fresh corn or canned.
Yes, store leftovers in a buttered casserole dish. On day two, sprinkle with brown sugar and heat until bubbly. Tuck it under the broiler - oh my! Ridiculously good!
The brick of cream cheese thickens it up so nicely! After it's done cooking, give it a good stir. As the cream cheese dispurses, it will thicken the casserole.
More of my favorite easy side dishes!
An easy side dish that is so popular in the fall is Steamed Brussels Sprouts or Pan-Roasted Sprouts, which is also super popular! What holiday meal is complete without Green Bean Casserole - I mean seriously?!!!
- Stovetop Candied Sweet Potatoes - handed down for generations, this recipe is a family favorite!
- 3 Ingredient Steamed Green Beans - only 10 minutes from start to finish. Perfectly cooked every time!
- Pan Roasted Vegetables - when mama says eat your veggies, make this. These are the BEST roast vegetables.
- Asparagus Wrapped in Bacon - These are always a treat and can be made on the grill or in the oven.
Crockpot Cream Corn
- 2 16 oz. frozen corn
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 4 tablespoon butter
- 12 oz can evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
I earn a commission from Instacart from qualifying purchases.
- Add the frozen corn to the slow cooker.
- Pour in the evaporated milk, sprinkle with salt and pepper. Give the mixture a stir.
- Cube the cream cheese and butter. Place it on top of the corn.
- Seal the slow cooker, cook on low for 4 hours.