Crockpot Cream Corn - sweet corn kernels that are buttery, rich and creamy! You're not going to believe how simple it is to make with pantry ingredients. Slow Cooker Creamed Corn does not get easier or better than this!
Crockpot Cream Cheese Corn
The first time I made this recipe for crockpot cream corn we grilled Tri-Tip and had a fresh fruit salad. And Dan went back for seconds.... for the corn!
But who was I to complain, I was standing in the kitchen eating it with a spoon!
THIS is an easy, wonderful side dish! Super simple and ridiculously good.
Slow Cooker Creamed Corn
What is in canned creamed corn?
Surprisingly canned creamed corn doesn't contain cream! It has corn, salt, water and a thickening agent - no milk or cream!
Can you cook canned corn in a crockpot?
You bet! Though this recipe calls for frozen corn, both can be cooked in the slow cooker.
You can make this recipe from fresh, canned or frozen corn which means you can enjoy this recipe all year long!
Can you reheat creamed corn?
Yes, store leftovers in a buttered casserole dish. On day two, sprinkle with brown sugar and heat until bubbly. Tuck it under the broiler - oh my! Ridiculously good!
How do you make canned corn taste fresh?
You can certainly substitute canned corn and if you do be sure and drain it. The addition of butter really makes the corn taste fresh.
How do you thicken creamed corn?
The brick of cream cheese thickens it up so nicely! After it's done cooking, give it a good stir. As the cream cheese dispurses, it will thicken the casserole.
Crockpot Corn Casserole with Cream
Ingredients for Crockpot Cream Corn Recipe
- frozen corn - crunchy and fresh it's the next best thing to fresh corn!
- cream cheese - will help make this casserole cheesy and rich
- evaporated milk - easy pantry ingredients, though you can certainly substitute milk.
- butter - brings it all together
- salt, pepper and sugar - perfectly season this side dish.
Steps to make Slow Cooker Creamed Corn
You're going to love how quick and easy this recipe comes together!
- Add the corn to the crockpot.
- Cube the butter and cream cheese, add it on top of the corn.
- Pour in the milk.
- Sprinkle with seasoning
- Cover and cook for 2-3 hours
More of my favorite easy side dishes!
An easy side dish that is so popular in the fall is Steamed Brussels Sprouts or Pan-Roasted Sprouts, which is also super popular! What holiday meal is complete without Green Bean Casserole - I mean seriously?!!!
Slow Cooker Side Dish
Crockpot Cream Corn
Crockpot Cream Corn
- 2 16 oz. frozen corn
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 4 tbsp butter
- 12 oz can evaporated milk
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- Add the frozen corn to the slow cooker.
- Pour in the evaporated milk, sprinkle with salt and pepper. Give the mixture a stir.
- Cube the cream cheese and butter. Place it on top of the corn.
- Seal the slow cooker, cook on low for 4 hours.