Tender, juicy meatloaf cooked in half the time in your pressure cooker! Instant Pot Meatloaf is a snap to make and so delicious! Making pressure cooker meatloaf is the easiest way to enjoy this classic comfort food!
Today I’m sharing my newest, easiest recipe: Meatloaf made in the Instant Pot!
Maybe I need to back up a bit…. do you have an Instant Pot? If not and you enjoy quick and easy meals I would tell you that a pressure cooker is a MUST!
If you do have one, but haven’t broken the seal…. or it seems kinda scary. Don’t be embarrassed, I was too!
My pressure cooker sat on the counter until I was forced to use it. My oven died on Thanksgiving Day and nearly set the house on fire… true story! Because I had no oven, I jumped in with both feet and leaned to use it.
I’ve put together the best guide so you can learn all my tips and tricks for the Instant Pot – just click on the picture below.
I have several great recipes on my blog for the Instant Pot like Instant Pot Corn on the Cob, an amazing recipe for Potato Soup with Ham and Pressure Cooker Mashed Potatoes and Gravy all cooked in the Instant Pot!
But since we’re talking meatloaf – let me tell you this is our favorite way to make it now. It’s quick and easy and because it’s cooked in the pressure cooker it comes out moist and juicy every time!
I make this often and use meatloaf slices for our lunches. It delicious and makes about 10 sandwiches. Perfect for the entire week! I’m trying to avoid using too much process meat.
Ok… let’s start talking Instant Pot Meatloaf! It’s going to be your new favorite way to cook meatloaf, I promise! It’s quick and easy but you get all the flavor just like you do when it bakes for 1 1/2 hours in the oven.
Half the time… all the flavor… YES!!
Grocery List for Instant Pot Meatloaf
- ground beef
- Italian sausage
- parmesan cheese
- tomato juice
- brown sugar
- Worcestershire sauce
- yellow onion
- salt, pepper
- aluminum foil
This post contains affiliate links; I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. However, I only promote things that I love and think you will love, too. For more information, please see my Disclosure Policy.
How do you make the best meatloaf ever?
- The key to making delicious, moist and tender pressure cooker meatloaf is to be sure the mixture is moist before it’s cooked.
- Cooking meatloaf using the steam method or pressure cooker method doesn’t dry it out.
- My best tip to making a delicious meatloaf is after you mix the meat and before you begin cooking it in your Instant Pot or oven, take a small amount – just a tiny handful and fry it. (Especially if it’s the first time you’re making a recipe!) Taste it, what do you think? Flavorful and savory? Great! But if it needs more salt, pepper or ? Now’s the time add it, not after it’s been cooked.
How many eggs do you use in meatloaf?
- This recipe serves six and uses two eggs.
- Why do you put eggs in this recipe? Like the breadcrumbs, eggs help bind the meatloaf. It helps it stick together in a “loaf”.
Steps to make Pressure Cooker Meatloaf
- Grate the cheese, dice the onion and mince the garlic.
- Add the remaining ingredients to a large bowl and mix everything together. Do not over-mix.
- Form a small pan with tinfoil and shape the meatloaf into pan.
- Add two cups of water to the bottom of the Instant Pot.
- Place the trivet in the bottom.
- Place the pan on top. Add the lid and seal. Set timer for 40 minutes. Quick release at the end.
What do you think? I know you’re going to love making pressure cooker meatloaf. If you haven’t already be sure to click thru on the link above and grab that free resource for pressure cooking. It comes with a TON of tips, recipes, meal pairings and resources.
Another great pressure cooker recipe is my recipe for BBQ Pulled Pork – so easy to make mouthwatering tender meat!
If you’re a member of the blog and have NOT received it, email me and I’ll send it right to you! email@example.com.
Ooh! When you make this recipe, would you tag me please? #bowlmeover or on Instagram at @bowl_me_over so I can see your delicious eats!
Instant Pot Meatloaf
Instant Pot Meatloaf
Delicious Pressure Cooker Meatloaf is a snap to make and so easy! Juicy and tender making pressure cooker meatloaf is quick. It's the easiest way to enjoy this classic comfort food!
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1/2 lb. Italian sausage mild or spicy, use your favorite!
- 2/3 cup bread crumbs
- 1/2 yellow onion peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup tomato juice
- 1/4 cup catsup
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp parsley minced
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 cup catsup
- 2 tbsp yellow mustard
- 3 tbsp brown sugar I like a sweet sauce topping my meatloaf. If you like it not so sweet, reduce to 2 tablespoons
Grate the cheese, dice the onion and mince the garlic, add to a large bowl
Add the remaining ingredients and mix together well but do not over-mix.
Form a small pan with tinfoil (or use a small aluminum pan my personal choice), ensuring the pan will fit into your pressure cooker.
Shape the meatloaf into pan.
Add two cups of water to the bottom of the Instant Pot.
Place the trivet in the bottom.
Place the pan with the meatloaf on top. Add the lid and seal. Set timer for 45 minutes. Quick release at the end.
Prepare the sauce. After the meatloaf has completed cooking in the Instant Pot, slather the top with the sauce. Place under the broiler for 3-5 minutes or until it's toasted. Enjoy!!
You will also need