Instant Pot Corn on the cob takes just minutes! Learn how to cook sweet juicy corn on the cob in your pressure cooker. No need to get a steamer basket or special accessories either! Just follow this easy step-by-step guide!
Why you'll love this recipe
✔️ the sweet corn is perfect every time!
Hot, steamed corn. Melty butter, do vegetables get any better than this?
For the exact measurements, please refer to the printable recipe card at the bottom of this post.
Instant pot instructions
This is an overview of the instructions. For the complete directions just scroll down to the bottom!
- start by shucking the corn and removing all of the silk.
- add the steam rack to the bottom of the stainless steel pot
- pour in two cups of water
- add the corn in rows of three in a criss-cross pattern (see below)
- close and lock the pressure cooker
- set on steam and set the timer for two minutes
- quick release at the end
Stove top instructions
- Bring a large pot of water to boil on the stove top.
- Add the ears of corn.
- Boil corn for ten minutes.
Grilled corn on the cob
- Shucking the corn and removing all of the silk.
- Place the corn on a large piece of aluminum foil. Dot with butter and drizzle a little water on top.
- Wrap the ears in foil and place them right on the grill. Turn the foil packet occasionally. Grill until tender, 15-20 minutes.
Grilled corn with husk
- Another method is to soak the corn - husk, silk and all for about 30 minutes then place them directly on the hot grill.
- Grill until tender, turning ever 3-5 minutes to avoid burning the corn. This will also help the corn cook evenly. It will take 15-20 minutes.
- or... shuck the corn, soak in water and place it directly on the grill turning often. This will get you great char on the corn, just watch it carefully as it can easily burn.
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Yes, pressure cooking corn on the cob is an excellent way to steam corn.
It only takes two minutes to cook corn on the cob in the instant pot.
That will depend on the size of your pressure cooker. My Instant Pot is a six quart and will easily fit six ears of corn.
Things to know
The Instant Pot is a perfect way to cook corn on the cob!
I've cooked as many as 6 ears of corn at a time and as few as two. There is no difference in the steps or time for cooking.
This method works for up to six ears of corn. (I would have cooked more just to check it out, but six ears is all I can fit in my Instant Pot).
I have several soups with corn on the blog and I'd love for you to try them!
- Turkey Chowder with Corn
- Easy Taco Soup
- Creamy Corn Chowder
- Crock Pot Chicken Taco Soup
- 30 Minute Potato Corn Chowder
Sweet corn and bbq go together like peas and carrot's wouldn't you agree? So let's serve up an amazing meal!
- Start with this BBQ Tri Tip Recipe or Grilled Honey Glazed Chicken - yum!
- Be sure to make a big bowl of Mom's recipe for Deviled Egg Potato Salad, my personal favorite!
- Finish the meal with this light Mexican Fruit Salad - so delicious and so fresh!
Don't forget to check out my Amazon storefront for some of my favorite products! 🛍️
If you love this recipe please leave a ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ rating!
Instant Pot Corn on the Cob
- 6 ears of corn
- 2 cups water
- Shucking the corn and be sure to remove all of the silk.
- Place the stainless steel pot in the pressure cooker, add the steam rack/trivet to the bottom of the vessel.
- Pour in two cups of water. Add the corn in rows of three in a criss-cross pattern.
- Close and lock the pressure cooker, set on steam and set the timer for two minutes.
- When the time is up, turn off the pressure cooker and perform a quick release.
Sign up for my recipes here!!Don't worry, we'll never share your email.
Step-by-step instructions to make sweet corn in the pressure cooker. You'll love how easy this recipe is!
You know what time of year it is don't you? Yup! If you've been following the blog, you know that Fresno State starts selling sweet corn, right about now! Usually I do a live feed from Gibson Market, but not this year because... I had eye surgery that day.
I've been whining about that for a while, right? Seriously I'm so over the whole eye thing! 😀
If you haven't heard this story before then let me share just a bit! The Fresno State Ag Department is known for their sweet corn. People drive from San Francisco down to Fresno and from as far south as Los Angeles to stand in line for hours to be the first to get corn on the cob.
Yes, you read that right, hours!
The most I've stood in line has been 3 hours. That was the first year I moved to Fresno. I remember thinking I'm sure Dan is joking, it can't be that bad right?
So I sauntered out there about 8:30 and ended up not getting into the market until almost noon!
Met some nice people, so that was great. I stuck it out just to see what all the fuss was about.
And I've been back ever since! Waiting in line is totally worth it!
So though I didn't get the first ears this year, we are still feasting on corn. It's that sweet and that good!
Summer in Fresno is HOT! We've topped triple digits several times just in the last week. We're rounding out June, with the heat of the summer coming on in full force the last thing I want to do is boil water on the stove.
First published: June 6, 2018, Last updated May 19, 2022, improving instructions and readability.