Skip all the fussy prep work and make this Stuffed Bell Pepper Casserole - a complete meal that's easy to make! Cheesy, beefy and stuffed with vegetables that don't have to be stuffed!
Be sure and try this creamy ground beef noodle casserole next - it's just delicious!
❤️ Why you'll love this recipe
This Stuffed Bell Pepper Casserole Recipe is much easier to make and just as good, (maybe even better!) than stuffed peppers!
For the exact measurements, please refer to the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
- ground beef - though you can certainly substitute ground chicken or ground turkey and ground pork as well.
- red yellow or green bell peppers, onion, garlic - there are loads of fresh vegetables in this meal.
- beef broth and canned diced tomatoes
- white rice - if using brown rice, this will increase the cooking time.
- shredded cheese - I used a medium cheddar cheese but you can certainly use, sharp, Monterrey jack or provolone - use your favorite cheese.
- Worcestershire sauce, grill seasoning and black pepper - the perfect balance of big flavors with minimal effort! If you'd prefer an Italian flavor, feel free to substitute Italian Seasoning, that would be delicious as well.
- smoked paprika - no smoked paprika? Substitute regular, but smoked paprika gives it a slightly smoky flavor - yum!
- Preheat the oven.
- Using a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the ground beef and sauté.
- Dice the bell peppers and onions. Add to the meat along with the diced onions.
- Mince the garlic and add to the pan. Next add Worcestershire, pepper, paprika and grill seasoning. Mix to combine.
- Add the rest of the ingredients including uncooked rice, reserve ½ cup shredded cheese - stir until well combined.
- Pour the entire mixture into a greased casserole dish. Top with remaining cheese, cover and bake.
- If desired remove the foil set under the broiler to brown the cheese.
- Allow to sit 10 minutes before serving.
Yes it can! This is a great casserole for meal planning! I've doubled the recipe and split it between two casserole dishes and baked. Allow to cool completely. Cover well and seal - freeze. Allow the frozen casserole to thaw in the fridge overnight. Top with additional cheese - then cover and bake. It will take 50-60 minute to bake until hot and bubbly!
I have several great bell pepper recipes on the blog, they are so versatile! If you have a stash in the fridge that need to be cooked up you have several options.
Pepper and Potato Soup is AMAZING, of course you can make pepper jam, but I also use bell peppers in kabobs. Roasting your own is much more affordable than store-bought and better too! I love that they are so versatile!
Still have an excess of peppers? Freeze them. Clean, remove the stem, seeds and membranes. Slice or dice the peppers and lay them out flat on a sheet pan so they are not touching. Freeze until firm, then you can package them into bags for storage.
Yes, wrinkled are ok to eat! If they have soft spots or sliced areas are u0022slimyu0022 (sorry, no other word will work!) they should be discarded.
The red bell pepper has more antioxidants than green because it is ripened longer. All are delicious!
Stuffed bell peppers are yellow, red or green bell peppers stuffed with delicious flavors from ground beef, or Italian sausage and rice. It's often topped with tomato sauce and cheese. A stuffed pepper casserole incorporates these same ingredients in casserole form!
Allow the casserole to sit or "rest" for 10 minutes before serving. It allows the flavors to come together and makes all the difference!
Store leftovers of the stuffed bell pepper casserole in an airtight container. It will last 3-5 days in the refrigerator.
It's super easy to reheat! Just remove it from the refrigerator and reheat in the oven. Set to 350 degrees and bake for about 30 minutes until it's hot and bubbly. You can reheat small portions in the microwave just as easily.
This easy recipe can be doubled and frozen. Cool the casserole completely, cover, seal well and freeze. Allow the frozen casserole to thaw in the fridge overnight. Top with cheese additional cheese if desired - then cover and bake. It will take 50-60 minute to reheat.
This is such a great recipe! It's pretty much a meal in one, but if you'd like to serve a salad a nice garden salad or Caesar salad would be perfect with this meal!
If you're looking for more easy casserole and dinner recipes, here are some of the most popular on the blog -
- Skillet Chicken and Potatoes - I love when chicken and potatoes are roasted together, yum!
- If you love a great enchilada, then be sure and try the Rotel King Ranch Chicken Casserole. It's like a chicken enchilada without all the fussy prep. Ritz Cracker Chicken Casserole is another creamy, cheesy chicken recipe!
- Chicken and Zucchini - so good and so easy to make with ground chicken and zucchini. Affordable and delicious!
- Eat and enjoy your veggies with this amazing Baked Pasta Primavera Casserole. So creamy and delicious!
- This family favorite Frito Pie Casserole is a great choice for your weeknight meal!
And one of the biggest family favorites on the blog is Cowboy Tater Tot Casserole. SO GOOD and so easy to make!
Easy Stuffed Pepper Casserole
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 2 large bell peppers seeded and diced
- 1 onion peeled and diced
- 1 ½ cups beef stock
- 15 ounces diced tomatoes I used fire roasted tomatoes
- 1 cup long grain white rice uncooked
- 2 cups cheese
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 ½ teaspoons Montreal Grill Seasoning
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
I earn a commission from Instacart from qualifying purchases.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Spray the 9x13 casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray, set aside.
- Using a large, deep pan over medium heat. Brown ground meat.
- Dice the bell peppers and onions. Add to the meat as it cooks, along with the diced onions.
- Mince the garlic and add to the pan. Next add Worcestershire, salt, pepper, paprika and grill seasoning. Mix to combine.
- Add the remaining ingredients, reserving ½ cup shredded cheese - stir until well combined.
- Pour the entire mixture into the baking dish. Top with remaining cheese, cover with aluminum foil and bake until all the liquid is absorbed, the cheese melts and the casserole is hot and bubbly. About 45 minutes.
- If desired remove the foil set under the broiler to brown the cheese. This only takes 3-5 minutes.
- Allow the Stuffed Pepper Casserole to sit 10 minutes before serving.