Big bold flavors in an easy spice mix! You’ll love how easy this Montreal Steak Seasoning Recipe is to make and how delicious it tastes! Five minutes to make it’s the perfect balance of flavors.
Montreal Steak Seasoning Recipe
We’ve been doing a ton of grilling lately, how about you? The weather is definitely warming up, today it will be 102 here! So it’s been all about the grill because the last thing I want to do is warm up at dinner time!
So with Father’s Day right around the
Who’s with me?!!!
Montreal Steak Seasoning Ingredients
Grocery list for Steak Seasoning
- smoked paprika
- coarse black pepper
- granulated garlic
- crushed red pepper
- onion powder
According to Wikipedia this seasoning originated in Canada and is used to flavor grilled meats.
Properly sealed the mix will easily last two years. Store it in a sealed container in your spice cabinet.
This is a great choice for a dry rub. After bringing the steak or meat to room temperature, coat the beef lightly with oil and rub the spice mix into the protein.
Add just prior to grilling. If the steak seasoning sits on the protein for a long length of time the salt in the mix will dry out the meat.
I love that you can personalize the seasoning! Too spicy? Omit the red pepper flakes, want to lower the sodium? Omit the salt. You can totally make this your own!
Making your own spice mix will save money and time.
Homemade Montreal Steak Seasoning tastes so much better than storebought!
Montreal Steak Seasoning Marinade
Steps to make Spice Mix
- measure out the spices
- pour into a container
- mix well and seal
Doesn’t get any easier than that, right? Or more delicious!
If you’re looking for a great DIY gift to give Dad for Father’s Day, this would be easy for the kids to make for him!
And if you’re looking for a few more DIY spice mixes to make and share here are some of my favorites!
- Homemade Dry Rub for Ribs and Chicken
- Chef’s Blend Spice Mix
- Homemade Taco Seasoning
- Lemon Pepper Spice Mix
- Fajita Spice Mix
What recipes can I use this on?
- ribs on the grill – these are fall off the bone tender!
- Chili Lime Chicken – just add a sprinkle for even more flavor.
- season your Pan Roasted Vegetables – delish!
- sprinkle it over grilled asparagus, yum!!
The short answer is just about anything! I know you’ll enjoy this recipe and customize it to your taste!
Are you looking for some last minute gift ideas for Father’s Day? Here are
I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
- Dad can sauce up his grilling with this super tasty Sauce & Rubbin’ Gift Pack – Premium BBQ Sauce & Dry Rubs
- Loubier Gourmet Signature Mild BBQ Sampler
- Does Dad like heat? Bring it with the Loubier Gourmet Signature Hot BBQ Sampler
If you post a photo, please tag me! I’d love to see your pictures! You can tag me with #bowlmeover or if you’re on Instagram use @bowl_me_over I can’t wait to see how yummy this turned out for you!
Montreal Steak Seasoning Recipe
- 2 tbsp smoked paprika
- 2 tbsp kosher salt I use coarse salt
- 2 tbsp coarse black pepper
- 1 tbsp dried dill
- 1 tbsp crushed red pepper
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp coriander
- 1 tsp onion powder
- Add all of the ingredients to a small screw top jar, mix well
- Store sealed in the pantry or for longer shelf life in the freezer.