Easy Taco Seasoning Recipe is simple to make, tastes 100 times better than the seasoning in the packet and saves you money! Plus you can customize to your taste – spicy, mild – whatever you enjoy. So why not make it yourself?
PIN IT HERE!!!
This post has been updated from December 28, 2016 on July 5th to improve reader experience.
Easy Taco Seasoning Recipe
There’s even more, just go to search and type in
No more buying the stuff in a packet and you’ll always have it available. Why buy a packet when you have everything you need to make this at home?!!!
You can customize it for your preferences – a little spicier or maybe a little less. It’s always fresh and tastes so much better than store-bought.
Today I’m sharing a recipe from my friend and colleague Michelle. She blogs at A Dish of Daily Life.
Michelle has a wonderful blog sharing stories and recipes for delicious meals, travel and a bit about the happenings of daily life. She had surgery so a bunch of us got together to share some of our favorite recipes from her blog.
Taco Meat Seasoning Recipe Easy
Grocery list for Spice Mix
- chili powder
- red pepper flakes
- onion powder
Steps to make Spice Mix
- Mix all of the ingredients.
- Store it in an airtight container.
Easy Taco Mix
This will be perfect substitute for the packet for one of my favorite meals and most popular recipes on the blog – taco soup!
It took less than 10 minutes for me to put the taco seasoning together. Simply store in in an airtight container and it will last for months.
Next time you need seasoning add two tablespoons per one pound of meat. Easy enough, right?
Easy to make, flavorful and delicious too!
What is taco seasoning made of?
Chili powder, cumin, red pepper flakes, garlic & onion powder, oregano, paprika, salt & pepper.
How much water do I add to taco seasoning?
Add ¼ cup water per 2-3 tablespoons of seasoning mix.
How many tablespoons of taco seasoning for 1 pound of meat?
2-3 tablespoons per pound of meat.
How long does homemade seasoning last?
Store the seasoning in a sealed container and place in your spice cabinet. It will last up to a year properly stored.
Here’s the recipe below! If you have a chance, swing by A Dish of Daily Life and check out the blog, I know you’ll really enjoy the recipes and the read!
More recipes for Homemade Seasonings
- Montreal Steak Seasoning – better than store-bought!
- Dry Rub Seasoning for Ribs – a little sweet and just delicious!
- Chef’s Blend Spice Mix – add some spice to your meal!
- Fajita Spice Mix – made with the spices you already have!
More of my favorite Mexican Food Recipes
- Mexican Meatball Soup – so savory and delicious!
- Red Chili Enchilada Sauce – BEST sauce and perfect for your favorite enchiladas!
- Authentic Posole Stew – this is SO amazing, easy to make – one of the BEST recipes on the blog!
- Roasted Salsa Verde – a delicious easy dip
- Mexican Fruit Salad – a little spicy and tangy, this is so easy to make!
I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
- Measuring Spoons – I love the shape of these because they fit into spice jars
If you post a photo, please tag me! I’d love to see your pictures! You can tag me with #bowlmeover or if you’re on Instagram use @bowl_me_over I can’t wait to see how yummy this turned out for you!
I would love it if you gave this recipe 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟 stars!!
Homemade Taco Seasonin
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 teaspoon sea salt
- liberal grinding of black pepper optional
- Combine all ingredients, mix well, and store in airtight container.
- Use 2-3 tablespoons per pound of beef, chicken or vegetables. With ¼ cup water.