Homemade Taco Seasoning
Taco Seasoning is super easy to make, tastes 100 times better than the seasoning in the packet and saves you money! Plus you can customize to your taste – spicy, mild – whatever you enjoy. So why not make it yourself?
You’ll notice the title to this blog is a little different. It includes a hashtag #GetWellMichelle. That’s because I’m sharing a recipe from my friend and colleague Michelle. She blogs over at A Dish of Daily Life. Michelle has a wonderful blog sharing stories and recipes for delicious meals, travel and a bit about the happenings of daily life. Michelle had surgery recently so a bunch of us food bloggers got together to share some of our favorite recipes from her blog.
I chose to share her recipes for Taco Seasoning.
You know me….I love a great taco! I’ve shared a ton of taco recipes with you – like my Baja Fish Tacos, Roasted Vegetables Tacos with Avo Lime Sauce and even tacos made in the slow cooker! There’s even more, just go to search and type in taco to see what you find. I’m thinking because I’m such a fan, maybe you are too. So…. I knew you’d love this recipe for Taco Seasoning. That way you don’t have to purchase an expensive packet of taco seasoning and you’ll always have it available. Why buy a packet when you have everything you need to make this at home?!!!
Chili powder, cumin, red pepper flakes, garlic & onion powder, oregano, paprika, salt & pepper. That’s all it takes!
Mix it all up and store it in an airtight container. It will keep for months. You only use two tablespoons per pound of meat, so this will last for several meals.
This will be perfect substitute for the packet for one of my favorite meals and most popular recipes on the blog – taco soup!
It took less than 10 minutes for me to put the taco seasoning together. Simply store in in an airtight container and it will last for months. Next time you need seasoning add two tablespoons per one pound of meat. Easy enough, right?
Flavorful and delicious too!
Here’s the recipe below! If you have a chance, swing by A Dish of Daily Life and check out the blog, I know you’ll really enjoy the recipes and the read!
Homemade Taco Seasoning - #GetWellMichelle
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 teaspoon sea salt
- liberal grinding of black pepper optional
- Combine all ingredients, mix well, and store in airtight container.
- Use 2 tablespoons per pound of beef, chicken or vegetables.
- Easy Crab Dip Recipe made by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Seafood Bisque made by An Affair from the Heart
- Marinated Olives made by Take Two Tapas
- Refried Beans made by Lisa’s Dinnertime Dish
- Lemon Herb Chicken with Roasted Potatoes made by Hostess At Heart
- Red Quinoa & Butternut Squash salad made by My Life Cookbook
- Italian Panini made by Full Belly Sisters
- Thai Chicken Noodle Soup made by Love Bakes Good Cakes
- Italian Bowtie Pasta made by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Pink Vodka Sauce made by Lady Behind The Curtain
- Crab Imperial made by Life Currents
- Homemade Taco Seasoning made by Bowl Me Over
- Southwestern Bean Dip made by Aunt Bee’s Recipes