Easy Quesadilla Dip
We are getting ready for a party. The Big Tournament is just a couple days away! And if you know me, you know I love a great party! If you've been following my blog you know that I am the go-to girl in the family when it comes to food. I've catered weddings and anniversary parties and cooked piles of food for family reunions and thru the years, I've learned one important thing when it comes to a party...
It's ok to say yes! Do you need some help? Yes! Can I bring a salad, dessert or ___ ? The answer is always yes.
This year, I'm putting together a buffet and here are couple of shortcuts I try to remember. - Keep it simple Rule #1 when it comes to easy entertaining.
You want to make it easy & convenient for everyone to grab a beverage. For a casual get-together you can fill one side of the double-sink with ice. Or fill a large container with ice and it becomes a perfect beverage cooler.
When it comes to party food, keep it simple too! Don't try and make everything yourself. Buy some sandwiches & cut them into quarters (easy & affordable!) Have some napkins nearby so folks can grab & go.
Fingerfood is a must! For our b-ball party food I made an old family favorite Pico de Gallo to be served with a new, soon to be fav, an easy Quesadilla Dip! I'm serving this dip with bowls of Wheat Thins on the buffet and scattered thru-out the viewing area. This makes easy snacking a breeze!
And my last tip? Prep for the game in advance because if you're like me... you want to be able to watch the Tournament too!
No standing around the stove, or hanging out in the kitchen.... There's basketball to watch!
What can I say... I love sports!!
Ok, now let me tell you about this Quesadilla Dip! It's super easy with ingredients you probably already have on hand - cream cheese, green onions, cooked chicken, shredded cheese, bell peppers and pepper jelly. Chop up the fresh veggies, mix everything together and into the oven it goes. When it is hot & bubbly, remove it from the oven and it's ready to serve.
Want to make it even easier? Toss the ingredients into your slow cooker, then you're completely hands off!
If you like gooey, sweet, spicy cheesiness then this easy Quesadilla Dip is the perfect side for your buffet!
Easy Quesadilla Dip
- 1 pkg 8 oz. brick cream cheese softened
- ½ cup green onions sliced
- 1 cup chicken breast cooked and shredded
- 1 cup cheese shredded, I used a cheddar/jack combo
- ½ cup red and green peppers chopped
- ¼ cup hot pepper jelly
- Wheat Thins or your favorite cracker
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Mix all ingredients except WHEAT THINS until blended; spread onto bottom of 9-inch pie plate.
- Bake 20 min. or until heated through.
Sign up for my recipes here!!Don't worry, we'll never share your email.
- Mondelēz International and Coca-Cola are Corporate Champion and Partners of the NCAA.
- NCAA and Snack Bracket Playbook are trademarks of the National Collegiate Athletic Association.
- © Mondelēz International group © Coca-Cola Zero is a registered trademark of the Coca-Cola Company.