This easy, cheesy, creamy, Taco Spaghetti is a dish to totally die for! What's not to love about this simple Tex-Mex meal?!!
Love this? Be sure and try this recipe for Chicken Spaghetti with Rotel next!
❤️ Why you'll love this recipe
You'll love it because your family will gobble it up! And I mean the entire family. You won't be fighting your way through dinner and everyone will be begging for seconds!
For the exact measurements, please refer to the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
- ground beef - ground chicken or turkey will also work! I haven't tried sausage, but I think that would be really good as well.
- spaghetti noodles - you can use any noodles you have in your pantry; penne, linguine, elbow or even twisty rotini. Use that pantry!
- taco seasoning - or use store-bought.
- cream of chicken soup - you can substitute with cream of celery or mushroom, personally I prefer cream of chicken.
- cheddar cheese soup - queso would work great as well and give this dish even more Tex-Mex flavor.
- evaporated milk - heavy cream, half and half or whole milk would be a good substitute.
- cheese - I used Colby Jack but you can use cheddar, mozzarella, Mexican blend, really whatever you'd prefer. Pre-shredded cheese won't melt as well, but it will still taste yummy!
- Rotel - if you can't find Rotel use canned diced tomatoes with a tablespoon of canned diced chiles. Salsa would also be a great substitute as well.
This is an overview of the instructions. For the complete directions just scroll down to the bottom!
- Brown the ground beef and onions, add taco seasoning and cook the spaghetti to al dente.
- Add in the cream of chicken, cheddar cheese soup and Rotel.
- Simmer the sauce together on the stove for just a couple minutes, mixing it together well.
- Add the cooked spaghetti.
- Mix everything together well.
- Place in prepared casserole dish, top with cheese and bake until hot and bubbly!
🙋🏼♀️ Recipe FAQ's
I think this is the most asked question! Of course I wouldn't put this recipe on the blog unless it was delicious, but seriously - it's fabulous. It's the perfect combination of creamy and cheesy. The amount of spice is just right and everyone loves this meal!
Actually no! If you don't have the time to put this in the oven. Mix the spaghetti with the sauce well and simmer for about five minutes on the stove over low heat. Remove from the heat. Top with cheese, add the lid and allow the cheese to completely melt. Serve and enjoy!
Absolutely! Save yourself some time on those days you don't feel like cooking or split the casserole for a smaller family and place half in the freezer.
To get the golden brown crust on top of this Creamy Taco Spaghetti, broil the casserole for 3-4 minutes. Watch it carefully so it doesn't burn!
Best tip? Don't over cook the pasta! Because it will finishing cooking in the oven you want to bake it to al dente.
Allow to cool completely and store covered in the refrigerator. It will keep 3-5 days. Reheat in the microwave in 30 second increments until hot. Or bake until warm and bubbly.
This dish freezes great. Place leftovers in a sealed container and freeze up to three months. Allow to thaw overnight in the refrigerator and bake as directed.
Do you prefer a spicier version - include several shakes of your favorite hot sauce. Trust me, this will just get yummier! (Is that a word?... Well it is in my book! 😋)
You can stretch this meal even further by adding;
- black beans
- corn (frozen or canned will work. If you use canned be sure to drain it well)
- sliced black olives
- diced tomatoes
- pickled jalapeños.
- top it with a spoonful of your favorite salsa - yum!
😋 Related Recipes
If you're in charge of dinner then casseroles are King! Like this recipe for beef noodle casserole - YUM! Here are more of our favorite easy meals the whole family will enjoy!
- I love the beefy pepper combination of this Unstuffed Bell Pepper Casserole - better than stuffing the peppers because you save time by omitting all the fussy prep!
- Chicken Divan has tender, juicy chicken, broccoli all wrapped in a cheesy sauce!
- This Cowboy Casserole is stuffed with beef and topped with tater tots and cheese - what's not to love?!!!
- This old fashioned tuna and noodle casserole has always been one of my favorites. Another great dish that's creamy, cheesy and delicious!
If you post a photo, please tag me! I'd love to see your pictures! You can tag me with #bowlmeover or if you're on Instagram use @bowl_me_over I can't wait to see how yummy this turned out for you!
I would love it if you gave this recipe 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟 stars!!
Taco Spaghetti to die for!
- 1 pound ground beef can substitute ground turkey or chicken
- 1 onion onion diced
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1 pound spaghetti noodles broken into thirds
- 10.5 ounce cream of chicken soup
- 10.5 ounce cheddar cheese soup
- 12 ounce evaporated milk
- 10 ounce Rotel do not drain
- 2 cup shredded cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Prep a 9x13 casserole dish by spraying with non-stick coating, set aside.
- Brown the ground beef and onions together. Drain fat if necessary, add the taco seasoning and stir to combine.
- Cook the spaghetti to just al dente, drain well.
- Add the cream of chicken, cheddar cheese soup, evaporated milk and Rotel with the taco meat. Simmer the sauce together on the stove for just a couple minutes, mixing it together well.
- Add the cooked spaghetti and half the shredded cheese. Mix everything together well.
- Spoon into the casserole dish, top with the remaining shredded cheese. Bake uncovered for 20-25 minutes until hot and bubbly.
- If desired broil for 3-4 minutes to brown the top of the casserole.