With only three ingredients this Refried Bean Dip Recipe is creamy and delicious! This is the perfect appetizer for your Cinco de Mayo party or for tailgating fun. It’s a simple appetizer with hot bubbly cheese, creamy beans and your favorite salsa! Baked in the oven ensures you won’t miss out on the party and fun!
Cinco de Mayo is approaching fast and I wanted to give you an easy option for party food. Of course I’m big into tailgating too – hello? I lived in Green Bay for several years and I have a couple requirements when it comes to party food and game day grub.
- It has to be easy.
- You have to be able to eat it with your fingers.
Yes…I’ve done my share of tailgating. 😀
Today I wanted to share one of my favorite and easy recipes. Perfect finger food it’s simple to make. If you’re heading to the stadium or hosting a party, simply toss everything into a pie tin and heat it until it’s hot and bubbly.
Easy enough, right?
The first time I had this was when I lived in Minnesota – my friend Dawn served it up. I love it and I’ve been serving it ever since.
Steps to make Refried Bean Dip Recipe
- Open can and add refried beans to a casserole dish
- Pour your favorite salsa on top of the beans
- Add shredded cheese on top of the salsa
Place in a preheated oven and bake until hot and bubbly! See how easy that is?
Shopping list for bean dip
- refried beans
- shredded cheese
- chips for dipping
Another thing that’s nice about this recipe, the ingredients are staples in most homes. If you have unexpected guests it’s easy to make and pop in the oven.
How long does it take bean dip to spoil?
Ok, so the party is done but you have some surplus. Good news, they will keep in the refrigerator three to four days, however don’t fret if you do have leftovers.
Use them to make Bean Burritos. All you’ll need to do is add the bean dip to a tortilla, maybe sprinkle with a little more cheese and salsa, maybe some green or white onions. Then roll them up. You’ve transformed the leftovers and you have dinner for day two!
I like serving this bean dip alongside homemade pico de gallo. I like how the salsa adds a bright freshness to the dip. Truly this is hard not to stand around the bowl and eat it with a spoon. 😀 What can I say, I love food!
That and a bag of chips and you’re set! I mean, why spend all your time in the kitchen when there’s a party going on?!!!
Refried Bean Dip Recipe
Refried Bean Dip Recipe
With only three ingredients you're serving up this Refried Bean Dip Recipe! This is the perfect appetizer for your Cinco De Mayo party or for tailgating fun. It's a simple appetizer with hot bubbly cheese, creamy beans and your favorite salsa! Baked in the oven ensures you won't miss out on the party and fun!
- 1 32 oz can refried beans
- 1 cup store-bought salsa or picante sauce
- 2 cups shredded cheese
- Preheat oven to 350
Open the can of beans and spread them in a oven safe dish.
Top with the salsa, spreading evenly.
Add the cheese on top. Bake in the oven for thirty minutes or until the cheese is bubbly and brown.
Serve with your favorite chips
Looking for more tasty bean dip recipes? Then check these out –
Avocado Bean Dip – a Dash of Megut – This avocado twist on bean dip will be a big hit at a party!
The Best Bean Dip – The Girl who ate Everything – creamy, spicy, and the perfect texture for dipping. Bring it to a friend’s house to watch the game and it’ll be a hit.
Yes we are into sports in our home. Go now and make this! Then go root on your favorite team!!
What’s your favorite recipe to share on Cinco De Mayo?
More delicious party recipes!
- Skillet Pizza Bombs by Life Currents – loaded with yummy pizza fillings and topped with herbed garlic butter, then baked to yummy goodness.
- Buffalo Chicken Meatball Subs by LeMoine Family Kitchen – is a perfectly spicy sandwich that you really need to make!
- Spicy Nacho Cheese Pretzels by Hostess at Heart – these are impossible to pass without grabbing a tasty handful, SO GOOD!
- Frito Pie Skillet Dip with Corn Chip Scoops by Take Two Tapas – the classic Frito pie recipe transformed into an amazing dip!
- Hot Beef & Bean Dip by An Affair from the Heart – kidney beans, and cheese heated with spices to become “chili like” — makes the perfect dip for corn chips!