With only three ingredients this Refried Bean Dip is easy AND delicious! This is the perfect appetizer for your Cinco de Mayo party or for tailgating fun. It’s a simple appetizer with hot bubbly cheese, creamy beans topped with your favorite salsa! Baked in the oven ensures you won’t miss out on the party and fun! This post has been updated from October 2016 to improve reader experience.
Refried Bean Dip
Whether it’s for Cinco de Mayo or Super Bowl Sunday easy party food is a MUST, right? Today I wanted to give you an easy appetizer so you can serve up good eats, but still, have loads of fun!
Of course, I’m big into tailgating too – hello? I lived in Green Bay for several years and I have a couple of requirements when it comes to party food and game day grub.
- It has to be easy.
- You have to be able to eat it with your fingers.
- It must be delicious!
Yes…I’ve done my share of tailgating. 😋
Today I wanted to share one of my favorite and easy recipes. Perfect finger food it’s simple to make. If you’re heading to the stadium or hosting a party, simply toss everything into a pie tin and heat it until it’s hot and bubbly.
Easy enough, right?
The first time I had this was when I lived in Minnesota – my friend Dawn served it up. I love it and I’ve been serving it ever since.
Shopping list for Refried Bean Dip
- refried beans
- shredded cheese
- chips for dipping
Another thing that’s nice about this recipe, the ingredients are staples in most homes. If you have unexpected guests it’s easy to make and pop in the oven.
Steps to make Bean Dip with Refried Beans
- Open can and add refried beans to a casserole dish
- Pour your favorite salsa on top of the beans
- Add shredded cheese on top of the salsa
4. Place in a preheated oven and bake until hot and bubbly! See how easy that is?
How long does it take bean dip to spoil?
- Ok, so the party is done but what if you made too much? Good news, this will keep in the refrigerator three to four days, however, don’t fret if you do have leftovers.
Leftover Refried Bean Dip makes the BEST Bean Burritos! All you’ll need to do is add the bean dip to a tortilla, maybe sprinkle with a little more cheese and salsa, add some green or white onions. Then roll them up. You’ve transformed the leftovers and you have dinner the next day!
Refried Bean Dip Recipe
I like serving this bean dip alongside homemade pico de gallo. I like how the salsa adds a bright freshness to the dip. Truly this is hard not to stand around the bowl and eat it with a spoon. 🤣 What can I say, I love food!
That and a bag of chips and you’re set! I mean, why spend all your time in the kitchen when there’s a party going on?!!!
Looking for more tasty bean dip recipes? Then check these out –
- Avocado Bean Dip – a Dash of Megut – This avocado twist on bean dip will be a big hit at a party!
- The Best Bean Dip – The Girl who ate Everything – creamy, spicy, and the perfect texture for dipping. Bring it to a friend’s house to watch the game and it’ll be a hit.
Looking for more tasty appetizers?
- Guacamole Dip – One of my favorites, super creamy guac with tasty bold spice!
- Skillet Pizza Bombs by Life Currents – loaded with yummy pizza fillings and topped with herbed garlic butter, then baked to yummy goodness.
- Chicken Wings and Blue Cheese Dip – always perfect for game day or movie night, these are finger licking good!!
- Buffalo Chicken Meatball Subs by LeMoine Family Kitchen – is a perfectly spicy sandwich that you really need to make!
- Spicy Nacho Cheese Pretzels by Hostess at Heart – these are impossible to pass without grabbing a tasty handful, SO GOOD!
- Vegetarian Pizza Bombs – so tasty, I know you can’t eat just one!!
- Frito Pie Skillet Dip with Corn Chip Scoops by Take Two Tapas – the classic Frito pie recipe transformed into an amazing dip!
- Easy Quesadilla Dip – another super easy tasty dip!
- Hot Beef & Bean Dip by An Affair from the Heart – kidney beans, and cheese heated with spices to become “chili-like” — makes the perfect dip for corn chips!
- Mango Chicken Wings – crispy wings with a creamy dipping sauce!
- Cuban Sliders – my FAVORITE sandwich transformed into an easy slider! First thing gone at every party!
Some of the items below contain affiliate links; I am a participant a variety of affiliate programs, including in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. However, I only promote things that I love and think you will love, too. For more information, please see our Disclosure Policy.
Refried Bean Dip Recipe
- 1 32 oz can refried beans
- 1 cup store-bought salsa or picante sauce
- 2 cups shredded cheese
- Preheat oven to 350
- Open the can of beans and spread them in a oven safe dish.
- Top with the salsa, spreading evenly.
- Add the cheese on top. Bake in the oven for thirty minutes or until the cheese is bubbly and brown.
- Serve with your favorite chips