Easy Refried Bean Dip Recipe - only three ingredients, simple to make AND delicious! Like the Ground Beef Taco Dip, this is another perfect appetizer for your Cinco de Mayo party or for tailgating fun. It's a simple appetizer served with hot bubbly cheese, creamy beans and topped with your favorite salsa!
Make it a party and serve it with a Frito Pie Casserole!
Why you'll love this recipe
✔️Only three ingredients.
✔️ So simple to make.
✔️ It's a great dip, perfect for game day and tailgating!
You only need a handful of simple ingredients. For the exact measurements, please refer to the printable recipe card at the bottom of this post.
- refried beans - I use canned refried beans, not homemade.
- salsa - your favorite salsa in a jar.
- lots of cheese - cheddar, Mexican cheese blend or pepper jack cheese - use your favorite!
- tortilla chips for dipping - Fritos or tortilla chips are both delicious!
Another thing that's nice about this recipe, the ingredients are staples in most homes. If you have unexpected guests it's easy to make and pop in the oven.
This is an overview of the instructions. For the complete directions just scroll down to the bottom!
- Open can and add refried beans to a baking dish or cast iron skillet.
- Pour your favorite salsa on top of the beans.
- Add shredded cheese on top of the salsa.
- Bake until hot and bubbly!
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
- The small baking dish in this set is the perfect size for this easy appetizer.
You can use mashed pinto beans or refried beans.
Whatever your favorite is! You can use fat free, spicy or vegetarian refried beans.
Refrigerate after four hours.
Absolutely! A small crock pot would be a perfect way to keep it warm!
Garnish with minced cilantro, sliced green onions or thinly sliced fresh jalapeños.
Leftover Refried Bean Dip makes the BEST Bean Burritos! All you'll need to do is add the bean dip to a tortilla, sprinkle with a little more cheese and salsa, add some green or white onions.
Then roll them up. You've transformed the leftovers and you have dinner the next day!
Add a layer of softened cream cheese between the salsa and beans, delicious! A layer of green chiles would be tasty too!
Mashed pinto beans, chili beans, white beans or black beans can be substituted for the can of refried beans.
Refrigerate - allow to cool completely, refrigerate in an airtight container up to three days. I don't recommend freezing it.
Reheat - reheat in the microwave or oven until hot and bubbly.
- If you're having a fiesta, then be sure to check out this blog with TONS of the BEST Mexican Foods Recipes, YUM!!
- 4 Ingredient Cream Cheese Ball Recipe - easiest and the best!
- This cheesy queso dip is always a party favorite!
- Easy Quesadilla Dip is sweet/hot cheesy deliciousness!
- Easy to make creamy Guacamole - everyone's favorite dip!
Are you wondering what goes best with bean dip? This can be served with tortilla chips, corn chips or crackers. It's really a great appetizer.
More toppers include sour cream, jalapeños, minced cilantro and olives. Make it a "taco bar" and everyone can include their favorite and customize their cheesy dip.
Having said that, honestly for me it's just a bag of chips and I'm set! I mean, why spend all your time in the kitchen when there's a party going on?!!!
Bean and Cheese Dip Recipe
- 1 32 oz can refried beans
- 1 cup store-bought salsa or picante sauce
- 2 cups shredded cheese
I earn a commission from Instacart from qualifying purchases.
- Preheat oven to 350
- Open the can of beans and spread them in a oven safe dish.
- Top with the salsa, spreading evenly.
- Add the cheese on top. Bake in the oven for thirty minutes or until the cheese is bubbly and brown.
- Serve with your favorite chips
What goes good with bean dip?Serve this bean dip alongside homemade pico de Gallo, more toppers include sour cream, jalapeños, minced cilantro and olives. Make it a "taco bar" and everyone can include their favorite and customize the dip. Serve with plenty of chips for dipping. Don't fret if there are leftovers. It makes excellent bean burritos. Use flour tortillas, add filling, top with shredded cheese and salsa!
Sign up for my recipes here!!Don't worry, we'll never share your email.
Whether it's for Cinco de Mayo or Super Bowl Sunday easy party food is a MUST, right? Today I wanted to give you an easy appetizer so you can serve up good eats, but still, have loads of fun!
Of course, I'm big into tailgating too - hello? I lived in Green Bay for several years and I have a couple of requirements when it comes to party food and game day grub.
- It has to be easy.
- You have to be able to eat it with your fingers.
- It must be delicious!
Yes...I've done my share of tailgating. 😋
Originally published October 2016, updated February 12, 2022