Looking for the best appetizer for the big game? Guacamole Dip is an easy make-ahead appetizer that everyone loves. This is extra creamy and super delicious – an absolutely favorite of everyone I know.
It’s easy to make, grab your avocados, onions, salsa, cream cheese (yes, cream cheese), lime & cilantro – it won’t take long to put together and then YOU can get back to the game! 😀
More Great Dips to Enjoy!
- 2-3 avocados
- 4 oz cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup ready made salsa I used spicy!
- 1/4 cup red onion finely chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped cilantro
- 1 lime juiced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Slice the avocados in half, remove the pit and scoop out the flesh into a large bowl. Add the cream cheese, lime juice and salsa and mash with a potato masher. Or use an electric mixer if you prefer it to be creamy but I like a little texture in the guacamole.
- When it is mixed to your preference, add in the red onion and chopped cilantro. Sprinkle with salt.
That’s it, doesn’t get much easier than that! I love the creaminess the cheese gives to the guacamole and the lime gives it just the right “tang”. Serve with your favorite chips or baby bell peppers – red, green & yellow, fresh crunchy celery makes a great dipper also, doesn’t have to be a chip to taste fantastic!
How do you pick a ripe avocado? Check the firmness of the avocado. It should be firm, but still give when you apply a bit of pressure. You can also check the stem area, if the stem is removed it should be bright green underneath, not brown. If you purchase an underripe avocado, tuck it into a paper bag & leave it on the kitchen counter. It will ripen in a day or two and be perfect!