Cinco de Mayo is right around the corner! And every great party starts with great food! When it comes to Mexican party food ideas, it starts right here! From Sangria to Enchiladas and everything in between! You’re sure to find new favorite Mexican food recipes here!
Mexican Party Food Ideas!
Appetizers and Party Starters
Are you having a party? I have a ton of Mexican party food ideas here! Let’s start it off with the appetizers!
A great guac is a must for your party! Here’s an easy, creamy delicious recipe – my Guacamole combines avocados, cream cheese, tomatoes, peppers, onions, cilantro. I’ve never had any leftovers at the end of any party – you definitely need to put this one your list! Some of the BEST Mexican food recipes are right here!
- Pico de Gallo – best served at room temperature this is an easy make-ahead appetizer!
- Gooey White Queso Dip Recipe with Chorizo – drooling…. man, this looks good!
- Bar Nachos – fair warning…. these are dangerously addictive!
- This Easy Shrimp Ceviche looks out of this world!
- Crock Pot Mexican Meatballs – these look fantastic! All I need now is a fork so I can grab one!
- Spicy Baked Jalapenos Popper – full of cheesy goodness and spice!
- Easy Quesadilla Dip – Do you like gooey, sweet, spicy cheesiness? Then this Quesadilla Dip is for you! Perfect for a party – easy and delicious!
- This delicious Mexican Bean Dip looks mighty tasty! 3 types of cheese make it extra cheesy, mmm!!!
- I love shrimp and this Shrimp Cocktail? Delish!
- Refried Bean Dip – this dip is delicious and leftovers? Make the BEST bean burritos!
Cinco de Mayo Party Food
Every great party needs a terrific beverage!
The Paloma cocktail is perfect for a big gathering – this cocktail is easy to make (and no blender required!) Actually, it’s the Paloma, not a margarita that is the official drink of Mexico! Be sure to give this recipe a try!
- Strawberry Mango Margarita – sounds like a party starter!
- This one is for the kids, big and small! Churro Milkshake Recipe
- These Cherry, Berry and Basil Margaritas – Your friends will thank you for this!
- Not quite sure how to get the party started? Here’s everything you need to know about throwing your own Margarita Party!
- Another Strawberry Margarita because you all know I love strawberries!
- Peach Rosé Sangria – Rosé, peach juice, peach liqueur, fresh white peaches, and berries – this is one tasty sip!
Throw a Mexican Dinner Party!
What makes a great tortilla? If you’re looking for authentic flavor, be sure to grill the tortillas! It doesn’t take but a few seconds each side and that char? Simple to do and it makes a HUGE difference in flavor!
If you want to make the party authentic, consider making your own tortillas! I can only imagine how good these must taste! Soft Homemade Flour Tortillas
Spices and Sauces –
- Homemade Taco Seasoning – super easy to make, tastes better than the packet. Customize to your taste – spicy or mild – so why not make it yourself?
- Best Enchilada Sauce Recipe – this is seriously delicious! If you haven’t made it yet, that needs to change stat!! This sauce is excellent, the best I’ve ever tried!
- Taco Sauce Recipe – once you try this, you’ll never use those taco packets again!
Cinco de Mayo Menu
What are some Mexican entrees?
There are a ton of Mexican party food ideas here! Delicious entrees include enchiladas and taquitos (chicken taquitos are my favorite!), tostadas, tacos and chimichangas!
There are many delicious Mexican Soups and Stews also – Pork and Chicken Posole, Taco Soup, Fiesta Stew – so many tasty options for great party food!
What are authentic Mexican foods?
The recipe for Authentic Posole is the BEST I’ve ever tried and the Green Chili Chicken Posole has delicious flavor also. Other authentic Mexican food recipes dishes include Pico de gallo and Red Enchilada Sauce. These recipes have been handed down by generations and developed by the best food bloggers I know!
What is the National Dish of Mexico?
The National Dish of Mexico is Mole (pronounced mōh-lāy) – it’s a deep rich sauce, delicious on enchiladas, chicken, burritos, tacos and more – this Mole Sauce Recipe is a 30-minute version and every bit as good as a sauce that has simmered for hours!
Party Salads and Side Dishes
- These are one of our favorites, Vegetarian Black Beans!!
- Mexican Spicy Pasta Salad – this pasta salad is the new best twist to the classic Italian salad!
- Mexican Style Corn on the Cob – topped with plenty of melted butter, chili powder, cotija cheese, salt and fresh lime juice.
- Mexican Sweet Corn is one of the BEST side dishes! Sweet corn, with a zesty cream sauce – everyone loves sweet corn!
- Slow Cooker Refried Beans – love that these tasty beans are made in the crockpot!
- Southwest Salad Recipe – tons of great crunch in an easy big salad!
- Mexican Corn on the Cob – I’m loving the charred kernels on this corn!!
- Mexican Three Bean Salad – all the goodness of protein-rich beans, veggies and packed with flavor!
- Instant Pot Pinto Beans – quick and easy, this is a no soak recipe!
- Mexican Caesar Salad – love a bright fresh salad!
Mexican Food Buffet Ideas
Tacos and Taquitos!
- First up are these AMAZING Baja Fish Tacos! So delicious, with perfectly grilled flaky fish – yum!
- Crunch and delicious these can be a meal or an appetizer, Classic Ground Beef Taquitos!
- Dirty Rice Black Bean Tacos – Southern Style Dirty Rice and spicy Mexican Flavors combine well to make this delicious meal and don’t omit the jalapenos – the spicy bite makes the taco!
- Roasted Sweet Potato & Cauliflower Tacos – The vegetarian tacos are meaty, crunchy and spicy – topped with Avo-Lime sauce makes them a bright, filling and delicious meal, try them!
- Chicken Taquitos – everybody loves taquitos!
- Slow Cooker Chicken Tacos – these are seriously good! And easy! Slow cooked, moist and delicious, these are perfect for a weeknight meal or a party.
- 5 Minute Vegan Tacos! Five minutes to make? Seriously – what a great weeknight meal!
Enchiladas, Chimichangas and more!
- Chicken Chimichanga – No deep frying here! Make chicken chimichangas without deep frying. Save the calories, get great flavor and no mess clean up!
- Chicken Fajitas Fiesta Time – everyone loves fajitas, they are perfect party food!
- Creamy Verde Fiesta Enchiladas – Creamy Vegetable Enchiladas that are outa this world!
- 10 minutes of prep and an afternoon in the slow cooker will yield these Beer Braised Pork Carnitas!
- Ground Beef Flautas – these are a quick 30-minute meal!
- Roasted Vegetable Stacked Enchiladas – what’s not to love!
- Fajitas are always perfect for a party, right? Try these Easy Mexican Chicken Fajitas!!
- Tamales are a labor of love and worth all the time it takes to make them! Grab this Chicken Tamale Recipe here!
- Easy Chicken Enchiladas – these are making my mouth water!!
- Green Chili Pork Recipe – perfect for tacos and burritos, this recipe is so versatile!
Authentic Mexican Soups and Stews
- Posole is one my favorite meals! I ain’t gonna lie! It is spicy and flavorful, the pork is braised to perfection. If you haven’t made it yet – you need to. Seriously, it’s that good!
- Slow Cooker Fiesta Chicken Stew – set it and forget it, come home at the end of the day to a delicious homemade stew! Let’s make mealtime easy and delicious!
- Easy Taco Soup – is a spicy and delicious soup that’s made with pantry staples! If you can open a can – you can make this fabulous soup – let’s get cooking!
- Crock Pot Chicken Taco Soup – big flavor in an easy slow cooker meal. Love this soup!
- Green Chili Chicken Posole – tender white meat chicken, caramelized onions and sweet hominy combine with earthy spices in this terrific stew!
- Spicy Black Soup – comforting and satisfying, this is one delicious bowl of soup!
Mexican Party Food Ideas – Desserts!
- This BEST Tres Leches Cake is AMAZING! This would be a perfect ending to any meal!
- Frozen Magic Margarita Pie – The best combination of margaritas and pies! Quick and easy to make this boozy dessert is smooth, creamy and delicious!
- Authentic Mexican Flan – so rich and amazing, this is a wonderful way to finish the meal!
- Traditional Mexican Wedding Cookies – these are always a favorite!
- Sopapillas Recipe – sweet pillow of deliciousness!
Did you get some Mexican Party Food Ideas here? Am I missing anything? I hope you found a GREAT several new Mexican food recipes to try and love!
Love this? Share it! If you have the time to share these amazing recipes with your friends and family I’d really appreciate it! If you have a moment, please take a moment and comment below.
If you’re over on Instagram, don’t forget to tag me @bowl_me_over or #bowlmeover – I’d love to see your photos!
Mexican Food Recipes
Guac Dip Recipe
- 3 avocados peeled, seed removed
- 1 lime
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup salsa
- tortilla chips
- Slice the avocados in half, remove the seed. Scoop out the flesh into a bowl.
- Squeeze the lime over the avocado, sprinkle with salt and add the salsa.
- Mash the ingredients together with a fork. Do not overmix, keep the guacamole chunky. Serve with chips and enjoy!