Like a margarita on the rocks, this Mexican Martini Recipe is perfect for parties. It's tangy, limey and positively delicious! This is the perfect Cinco de Mayo cocktail!
Next time try a Paloma Cocktail, the national drink of Mexico!
This post is sponsored by Lobos 1707 Tequila & Mezcal. All opinions are entirely my own. Protect your Pack. Drink Responsibly.
Why you'll love this recipe
Hey my friend, just in time for the weekend, I want you to head to Target to pick up Lobos 1707 Tequila! (click here to find your local retailer)
✔️ This tequila is smooth.
✔️ It's perfect neat or on the rocks, this will quickly become your favorite tequila!
✔️ But today we're going to enjoy it in this Mexican Martini Recipe!
For the exact measurements, please refer to the printable recipe card at the bottom of this post.
- Lobos 1707 Tequila Blanco - so smooth, you'll love this tequila!
- Cointreau an orange liquor, substitute with Triple Sec or Grand Marnier.
- fresh lime juice - you'll definitely want fresh here!
- dry white vermouth, sherry will do in a pinch.
- kosher salt to rim the glass.
- limes and green olives for garnish, because hey... this is a martini!
This is an overview of the instructions. For the complete directions just scroll down to the bottom!
- Run a lime wedge around the rim of glass, dip glasses in salt.
- Fill shaker with ice. Add cocktail ingredients, give it aa good shake, well several good shakes!
- Strain the Mexican Martini Cocktail into a martini glasses with a salted rim!
- Garnish with lime and fat green olives, cheers!
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
- Lobos 1707 Jevon Tequila - order online here.
- You'll need a cocktail shaker, but you know I always use a Mason Jar.
- A good lime squeezer (this is the one I use!).
Lobos 1707 Joven Tequila has more flavor than a typical Blanco. It has a touch of Reposado, which makes it more flavorful than your typical Blanco!
A high quality tequila can be enjoyed neat or on the rocks. I love this simple cocktail because it doesn't mask the flavor of this amazing drink!
Mostly the presentation! The Mexican Martini Recipe is served in a martini glass garnished with olives and a wedge of lime.
About 1707 Tequila
Have you tried Lobos 1707 Tequila or Mezcal? Just to give you a little background, it was founded by the Osorio family.
The story goes, that the great-grandfather when heading to Mexico would bring sherry, but when the oak barrels were empty, they would refill them with tequila. That would sit in the casks for the return trip home.
They found that they really enjoyed the great flavor of the aged tequila and the rest is history when the brand was launched in 2020!
Serve in a tumbler over the rocks and you'll have a terrific margarita!
I prefer a shaken martini, but you can also stir then strain the ingredients.
Add a half shot of olive brine and turn your cocktail into a dirty martini!
- You can buy a fancy martini shaker, but I've never tried one that didn't leak and goodness that makes a mess! Just use a mason jar - it works great!
- Add all of the ingredients to the jar and shake it HARD. At least 20 good shakes!
- Martinis are best served super cold (hence the hard shakers) so cold when you pour it into the glass a thin film of ice coats the top of the glass.
This tequila is smooth. It's perfect neat or on the rocks, however today we'e going to enjoy it in a Mexican Martini!
- I do love a good martini and a Lemon Drop is pucker-up delicious!
- The Last Word Cocktail Recipe - prohibition-era, gin based cocktail. It's a perfectly balanced drink!
- Check out more simple cocktail recipes here!
Looking for some yummy party food? Here are some of my favorites!
- This recipe for sausage balls with cream cheese are always a hit. They are super easy to make too!
- Make a platter of Roast Beef Rollups! Perfect finger food.
- Cocktail Shrimp - made in your air fryer, these are so yummy! Be sure to make the shrimp cocktail sauce for dipping as well.
- Creamy Guacamole or Pico de Gallo will totally make this a party!
Don't forget to check out my Amazon storefront for some of my favorite products! 🛍️
If you love a great Tequila Martini, please leave a ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ rating, cheers!
Mexican Martini Recipe
- 1 ½ shots Lobos 1707 Joven Tequila
- 1 shot Cointreau
- 2 fresh limes
- ¼ shot dry white vermouth
- Kosher salt for the rim
- For the garnish: Lime wedge and olive
- Run a lime wedge around the lip of a martini glass, rim glasses in salt.
- Fill shaker with ice. Add cocktail ingredients, shake super hard, at least 20 good shakes!
- Strain cocktail into glasses.
- Garnish with lime and olives. Cheers!