Easy to make Garlic Parmesan Air Fryer Shrimp Recipe makes tender shrimp without all the grease! No muss, no fuss with crispy, delicious and perfectly flavored in just minutes! Air Fryer and Oven directions included below!
Air Fryer Shrimp
This post and giveaway are sponsored by Hamilton Beach. I have received a Hamilton Beach Air Fryer for review, however, all opinions are my own. #ad #HamiltonBeach
The other day a big box arrived at the door. I opened it up and was excited to get an air fryer from Hamilton Beach! I took it out and proudly set it on the counter and pointed it out to Dan. He looked at it and said:
Luke... I am your Fryer!
Yup! I could see the resemblance, this does look a little like Darth Vader!
That Dan, he's a funny guy!!! 🤣🤣🤣
So, what is an Air Fryer?
Air Fryers, simply put, are compact convection ovens. They circulate hot air around a basket that holds your food. The Hamilton Beach Air Fryer is an easy-to-use countertop appliance that produces crispy food quickly with less fat than a deep fryer.
Ingredients for Air Fryer Shrimp Recipe
- shrimp - purchase jumbo shrimp 16-20 count.
- olive oil - helps crisp up the shrimp
- parmesan cheese - take an extra moment and grate the cheese. It will have better flavor than pre-shredded
- parsley - adds a wonderful freshness
- salt, pepper, garlic powder - to spice these perfect!
Air Fryer Shrimp Recipe
What size shrimp do I buy?
Shrimp are sold by the size and the numbers basically mean how many shrimp add up equal a pound. For this recipe, I purchased jumbo shrimp, 16-20 count shrimp. It's what I recommend for this recipe.
We enjoyed these for dinner served up with vegetables and rice, what a perfect meal!
Tips for purchasing shrimp
- Purchasing fresh peeled and deveined shrimp will make this meal quick and easy.
- Tails on/tails off? it's really up to you! There's no difference in flavor. If you're serving this as an appetizer, tails on would make it easier to eat (finger food!) and more visually appealing.
- Fresh wild caught shrimp will taste best but if you're like us here in Fresno, previously frozen is our only choice and these still are dleicious!
- Using the air fryer allows you to use less fat = more flavor!
More delicious side dishes to serve with this meal.
Shrimp in Air Fryer
How to cook shrimp in air fryer
- If your shrimp are not peeled, peel the shrimp and pat dry.
- Mince parsley and grate the cheese.
- Add to a bowl, drizzle with olive oil.
- Toss everything together and roast in the fryer for 12 minutes
No Air Fryer?
No air fryer? No problem! Roast the shrimp in the oven instead.
Preheat your oven to 400 degrees,
Follow the directions above for preparation. Spread the shrimp out on a baking sheet and roast for 10-12 minutes until just pink.
Having said that, I'm honestly head-over-heels about the air fryer. It's quick and easy, doesn't make a huge mess.
Five Reasons to Love an Air Fryer:
- great taste with little to no oil
- fast, powerful cooking
- pre-programmed settings
- easy to clean!
Some of the items below contain affiliate links; I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. However, I only promote things that I love and think you will love, too. Disclosure Policy.
Hamilton Beach Air Fryer - easy and compact to use, this is the one I have.
If you love this as much as I think you will, be sure to leave me a five-star rating below! I know this easy meal is one you'll love! If you are over on Instagram be sure and tag me @bowl_me_over or #bowlmeover - I'd love to see your tasty eats!!!
Garlic Parmesan Air Fryer Shrimp Recipe
- 1 pound shrimp peeled and deveined
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ⅛ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper fresh ground is best
- 2 tbsp parmesan cheese freshly grated
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley minced
- Peel and devein the shrimp. Rinse and pat dry. Add to a large bowl.
- Mince the parsley, finely grate the parmesan cheese.
- Drizzle the shrimp with olive oil. Add the seasonings, gently toss to combine
- Spray the basket with non-stick cooking spray. Add the shrimp and roast for 12 minutes at 350