Homemade Panda Express Honey Walnut Shrimp Recipe that is 100 times better than take out! It’s so good that you’ll never go out for it again. Candied walnuts and crispy shrimp in a succulent sweet sauce that is quick and easy to make! This post has been updated from February 28, 2017 to improve the reader experience.
PIN IT HERE!!!
Panda Express Honey Walnut Shrimp
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #40PerfectPairings #CollectiveBias #Ad. The following content is intended for readers who are 21 or older.
My folks go out for Chinese Food every Friday night. In fact, the whole family often meet at their favorite restaurant. There’s usually 10-12 family members and everyone gathers around the table. There’s lots of laughter and a ton of food passed.
It’s always a great time!
I’m a big fan of Asian food and have several great recipes on the blog. Step by step directions on how to make Tuna Poke – so good!!! Korean BBQ Beef and Korean Beef and Broccoli, YUM!! Even Pot Stickers and Fried Rice. There is something for everyone!
So it seems only fitting on today to share one of my quick and easy recipes. It’s a great meal that everyone loves. My Panda Express Honey Walnut Shrimp Recipe uses an easy shortcut and is on the table in about 20 minutes!
Instead of going out or calling for take-out, you’re going to make your favorite Chinese food meal at home!
Here’s why –
- Portion control is simple
- No fuss or mess
- Quick and easy
My shortcut uses storebought breaded frozen shrimp (I used SeaPak®). It’s a great shortcut that will save you a ton of time without compromising flavor!
Honey Walnut Shrimp
This is one of those meals when I first thought of the idea I was like hmmm…. how can I make this dish without all of the hassles?
I don’t want to be frying or breading and then all that cleanup? UGH! Well, let me tell you frozen shrimp is the way to go!
I used Coconut Shrimp in this recipe. The coating is super crunchy, even when tossed in the sweet sauce.
Where did honey shrimp originate?
Hong Kong perhaps, but most often enjoyed in the United States. This is a dish we see quite often here in California. Have you ever tried it?
How do you reheat honey walnut shrimp?
Putting the shrimp in a bowl and into the microwave will result in soggy shrimp. The best way to reheat this meal is by preheating the oven to 350 degrees. Add the shrimp to an oven proof dish for about 15 minutes.
Grocery list for Shrimp Recipe
- frozen coconut shrimp
- sweetened condensed milk
- garlic sauce
- green onions (optional garnish)
Steps to make this Honey Walnut Shrimp Panda Express Recipe
- Boil the rice and preheat the oven. While it’s preheating make the candied walnuts.
- Bring the water and sugar to a boil then add the walnuts, cook for two minutes. Remove, cool on parchment paper.
- Lay the shrimp out on a sheet pan and bake according to package directions.
- While the coconut shrimp is baking, prepare the sauce.
- Whisk together mayonnaise, sweetened condensed milk, honey and chili sauce.
- Remove the cooked shrimp and immediately toss it in the sauce.
- Add the candied walnut, stir to combine.
It takes 20 minutes to make this meal which leaves you time to relax! That’s why it is great to have a go-to meal in your pocket. An easy meal that will enable you to put your feet up and relax.
This meal is as delicious at home as when you go out to your favorite restaurant. It’s so good that you’ll never go out for it again!
I’m not kidding your here, this meal is fabulous! I’m so proud to be sharing it with you because you’re going to be proud of yourself serving this for dinner!
Love shrimp? Here are more great shrimp recipe to try!
- Shrimp Scampi Linguine Recipe
- Grilled Shrimp Skewers
- Garlic Parmesan Roast Shrimp
- Spicy Thai Noodle Soup with Shrimp
- Sensational Blackened Shrimp Recipe
Amazon Disclosure: Some of the items below contain affiliate links; I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. However, I only promote things that I love and think you will love, too. For more information, please see our Disclosure Policy.
Love this recipe! Be sure and rate it with a 5-star rating below!
Easy Honey Walnut Shrimp Recipe
- 1 SeaPak® Jumbo Coconut Shrimp
- Candied Walnuts
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tbsp chili garlic sauce
- 2 green onions (optional garnish) slice the green onions on the bias, set aside for garnish.
- 3/4 cup white rice (I used a quick cooking jasmine rice) cook according to package directions
- Cook rice according to production directions. (I used a jasmine rice. It took 11 minutes to cook.)
- Preheat the oven according to package directions.
- While oven is preheating make the candied walnuts. Bring water & sugar to a boil. Boil for two minutes, stirring often. Add the walnuts and cook an additional two minutes. Remove from the boiling sugar with a slotted spoon and allow to cool on parchment paper.
- Cook the frozen shrimp according to product directions
- Make the sauce. Combine the mayonnaise, honey, sweetened condensed milk and chili garlic sauce in a large bowl. Whisk together to combine.
- Remove the shrimp from the oven and immediately toss it and the walnuts in the sauce to coat. Spoon over rice, sprinkle with sliced green onions. Serve immediately.
Sign up for emails here!Don't worry, we don't share emails!
You can use your Walmart Grocery Pickup to receive a booklet containing SeaPak® recipe solutions – or click here! It contains 40 meal solutions and pairings to make meal-time decision easy and your weekly shopping a breeze! Bonus?
Enjoy a glass of wine at home and be sure to drink responsibly.
*Comparison of average retail selling price of Black Box Wines and Super Premium category wine as reported by 2014 IRI Total U.S.