Easy Egg Roll in a Bowl Recipe is a simple one-pan dinner that takes 20 minutes start to finish and is packed with protein and flavor! Made with either ground pork, chicken, or turkey, this tastes just like an egg roll without the wrapper only better!
Easy 30 minute meal
It's a busy night. You're exhausted. You get home late. What can you make that takes a minute to make and you're serving dinner in a snap?
I gotcha covered! It's egg roll in a bowl!
Ingredients for egg roll recipe
- ground pork - though you can also substitute ground chicken or turkey.
- cabbage slaw, green onions, garlic, ginger - this bowl is filled with fresh ingredients and loads of crunch. Grab the slaw with shredded carrots and purple cabbage to give it even more flavor and pretty color.
- soy sauce and sesame oil - to season the dish.
- vegetable or corn oil - for sautéing.
All the information you need to know
Can egg roll in a bowl be frozen?
In my opinion, this dish doesn't freeze well. It's best to eat it while it's fresh.
Good news - it keeps in the refrigerator up to three days, so there's plenty of time to enjoy this meal.
How do you serve this meal?
We enjoyed it in a bowl, just as shown in the photos. I've also topped it with a poached egg. A zip of sriracha adds a good punch of heat. If you want to stretch the meal a little further, add it to steamed rice. Delicious!
More additions for this recipe:
- add mushrooms, bok choy or julienne'd bell peppers, if you're looking to bump up the veggies.
- cashews or sliced almonds add a nice crunch.
- shrimp - I'm such a fan of seafood and adding shrimp sautéed until just pink and plump, it's perfect!
- an egg, scrambled, poached or fried an egg adds protein and flavor!
Easy Egg Roll in a Bowl
More of my favorite meal-in-a-bowl recipes!
I love a great meal in a bowl - maybe because it's easy to cozy up in front of the television and enjoy dinner? But even if you're serving this in a big bowl at the kitchen table, here are some of my favorites!
Easy Egg Roll in a Bowl
- 1 lb. ground pork or turkey
- 14 oz. cabbage slaw mix
- 1 tsp garlic
- 1 tbsp ginger
- 1 bunch green onions
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil or corn oil
- Heat a larger skillet over medium heat. Add pork and saute until the pork is no longer pink.
- While the pork is cooking, mince the garlic and ginger. Thinly slice the green onions.
- Add the cabbage slaw mix and saute for about five minutes until the slaw is soft.
- Now add the garlic and ginger and cook for about a minute until it becomes fragrant, remove from heat.
- Stir in the green onions, soy sauce and sesame oil.