You're going to love this flavor packed Honey Sriracha Chicken Recipe! It's sweet, spicy and delicious! What makes it even better (and easier!!)? It's all made in the slow cooker! This simple weeknight meal is 100 times better than take-out!
Be sure to try this meal next, it's one of my favorite crockpot chicken recipes!
❤️ Why you'll love this recipe
It's easy, flavorful and delicious. Slow cooking the chicken keeps it super tender every time.
I love an easy crockpot meal, how about you?
For the exact measurements for the slow cooker sriracha chicken, please refer to the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
- chicken breast - you can certainly substitute chicken thighs if that's your meat of preference.
- cornstarch - thickens the sauce while it cooks in the crockpot
- yellow onion and red bell pepper - adds just the right amount of vegetables in this tasty meal.
- honey - the sweet and sticky addition for the sauce!
- Soy sauce, Worcestershire and Sriracha sauce - pantry ingredients to make this amazing sauce.
- garlic and red pepper flakes - for flavor and spice.
This is an overview of the instructions. For the complete directions just scroll down to the bottom!
- Dice the chicken breasts into bite-sized pieces, toss with the cornstarch.
- Add the chicken to the slow cooker along with the onion and red bell pepper.
- Make the sauce - Combine the honey, soy sauce, water, Worcestershire sauce, Sriracha sauce, granulated garlic, red pepper flakes and black pepper. Whisk to combine and pour in the slow cooker.
- Set the slow cooker to low and cook for six hours until the chicken is tender.
- Serve with rice and steamed vegetables.
Have you never tried it? It's one of my favorite condiments! Sriracha is spicy and tangy with a light garlic flavor. It's not a stretch to say I put it on most everything! Eggs, potatoes, mixed with mayonnaise for a spread, yup! It's delicious!
You can use either! Boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs. Whichever you'd prefer.
In my opinion, this is light to light/medium spicy. Just enough heat for flavor without overdoing it. However feel free to customize the recipe to your taste!
Now let's talk leftovers. Can the be frozen or is it best to refrigerate? Actually you can do both. Well sealed, leftovers can be refrigerated up to three days or frozen for up to three months.
This is also a great recipe for meal prep! Dice the chicken and vegetables on Sunday. Add all of the ingredients for the sauce to a screw top jar and refrigerate until you're ready to make the meal for dinner that night.
Your meal will be ready in a snap!
Asian food is one of my favorite cuisines and I have some great recipes on the blog you should try next!
This Copycat Panda Express Honey Walnut Shrimp Recipe is one of my favorites! You won't believe how easy it is to make. And this yummy Teriyaki Noodle Recipe is super simple to make and would be a lovely side dish!
Mongolian Beef is always popular. Have you made it at home? This easy pressure cooker recipes makes it a snap!
Honey Sriracha Chicken Recipe
- 2 lbs. chicken breast
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 yellow onion
- 1 red bell pepper
- ½ cup honey
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup water
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp Sriracha sauce
- 2 tsp granulated garlic
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes
- Trim the fat from the chicken breasts and cut into bite-sized pieces. Transfer to a bowl, toss in the cornstarch and set aside.
- Place the diced chicken in the slow cooker, add the onion and red bell pepper. Toss to combined.
- Now make the sauce. Combine the honey, soy sauce, water, Worcestershire sauce, Sriracha sauce, granulated garlic, red pepper flakes and black pepper. Whisk to combine and pour in the slow cooker.
- Set the slow cooker to low and cook for six hours. (or four hours on high)
- When the chicken is done cooking, turn the slow cooker to the WARM setting.
- Serve with rice and steamed vegetables.
Sign up for my recipes here!!Don't worry, we'll never share your email.
💭 Recipe backstory
This amazing recipe comes to me via my buddy Erin from The Speckled Palate because today is..... Freaky Friday Blog Hop!
This round I was assigned Erin's blog and I had so much fun checking out her blog and learning more about her.
What strikes me about her blog first (beyond the amazing photographs of all of the delicious food) is Erin's photo. She has the most beautiful welcoming smile and I know if we ever sat down, we'd quickly become fast friends!
Similar to Bowl Me Over, the Speckled Palate her focus is fresh ingredients, easy recipes and simple entertaining. You'll definitely want to check it out because I know there are a ton of recipes that will catch your eye!
When it came time to choose, it was tough! I really had my eye on her Authentic Gumbo Recipe! The roux is dark and complex and it is fabulous. If you're looking for a yummy recipe, check it out!
And then I spied her recipe for Cream Biscuits with White Sausage Gravy. Talk about comfort food, totally my kinda meal!!
So many delicious recipes, I finally decided on Honey Sriracha Chicken Rice Bowls - tender chicken in a sweet spicy sauce. I really felt like it's a recipe that you would enjoy as much as we have!
Published: February 6, 2020 updated June 8, 2021 to improve instructions and reader experience.