Your favorite take-out made at home? Yes! Easy Chicken Fried Rice Recipe that is simple to make and SO tasty! Super easy, quick and delicious you’ll be making this again and again!
Last week I took a short poll to see which recipe you’d prefer to see me cook on-air, my Easy Risotto Recipe or Chicken Fried Rice. Risotto won by just two votes! So because Fried Rice was so popular that is definitely a recipe I’d like to share also.
Making Fried Rice at home is easy and you know what? It tastes a hundred times better than take out! Less expensive too so why not make this yummy meal at home instead?
The first thing you’ll want to do is gather your ingredients and get everything prepped and ready to go.
You’ll want to get the pan screaming hot before you start and because it cooks so quickly, this meal won’t take any time at all!
Add the carrots and stir fry, next you’ll add in the garlic, ginger and rice – all the while stirring because your pan will be screaming hot!
You’ll make a well in the middle of the rice and add in your beaten eggs. Then when the eggs are softly scrambled add the chicken meat, soy sauce and sesame oil. Mix everything together well. Add in the frozen peas at the end – they just need to warm thru and dinner is served!
Today I’m using leftover chicken, but you can just as easily use Tofu, Pork or Shrimp or all of the above! Mix it up and make your favorite. That’s what makes things extra delicious!
Pork tenderloin would be delicious served with this rice or if you’re looking to keep it even easier, top the rice off with a fried scrambled egg. Delish!
You ready to get cooking? Let me show you how easy this is!
More great takeout recipes? Gotcha covered!
- Easy Walnut Shrimp Recipe
- How to make Tuna Poke
- Easy Teriyaki Chicken Bowl
- Slow Cooker Honey Sriracha Chicken
Easy Chicken Fried Rice Recipe
Chicken Fried Rice
- 5 cups cooked long grain rice - preferably day old*
- 1 cup cooked chicken shredded or diced into small pieces
- 2 carrots peeled and diced
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon ginger minced
- 2-3 green onions diced
- 3 eggs roughly beaten
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1-2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/4 cup teriyaki sauce homemade or store bought
- The key to cooking fried rice (or any food that's cooked quickly over high heat) is to have all of the ingredients already prepped before you begin cooking.
- Start by shredding the chicken. Remove it from the bone and shred it finely. Put it in a bowl and pour the teriyaki sauce over it. Return it to the refrigerator and allow it to marinate.
- Peel the carrots and dice them, about the same size as the frozen peas. Mince the garlic finely.
- Using a wok over high heat start by sautéing the carrots using the canola oil. It won't take long - 2-3 minutes. Keep stirring continuously as your wok will be very hot. Add in the minced garlic and ginger and continue to sauté - do not stop stirring. Add in the rice almost immediately after adding the garlic and stir fry, mixing well.
- Make a "well" in the middle of the rice and pour the beaten eggs into the middle - keep moving them around as with the high heat it won't take long. Pour the soy sauce and sesame oil around the rice. When the eggs are nearly soft scrambled, add the frozen peas (they will heat thru and be perfect) and mix everything together. Add the chicken mixed with the teriyaki sauce. Mix everything together really well and you're done!
- This dish is best served immediately, however when you're stir frying it's hard to get everything done at the same time. After completing this dish I've put it in an oven proof dish, covered with foil and tucked in the oven to keep it warm. This gave me time to make a second stir fry dish.
- **Day old or leftover, cold rice is preferred - the rice gets dried out. It doesn't stick together and works best for fried rice.
- Prep 15 cook 10 serves 6