All the flavors of your favorite sandwich wrapped up in a yummy pasta! This Philly Cheesesteak Baked Tortellini recipe is filled with peppers and roast beef wrapped in a cheesy sauce!
Love this recipe? Be sure and try this recipe for Frito Pie Casserole next!
❤️ Why you'll love this recipe
This meal is always a winner! It's so simple to make and with minimal prep and ingredients, it's a breeze to make!
It only takes 30 minutes to make. It's delicious and everyone will be begging for seconds!
For the exact measurements, please refer to the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
- Alfredo sauce - store-bought is what I recommend, it works great with this dish.
- frozen peppers - you can certainly substitute fresh, if so I'd use three red, green and yellow or orange bell peppers sliced very thinly.
- provolone cheese - thinly sliced, yes you can substitute Swiss or pepper jack, but I stuck with the classic flavors here.
- cream cheese - you can omit this if you prefer, but just that little bit of cheese really up's the flavor in the store-bought sauce.
- tortellini - I used frozen, but you can substitute with dried or fresh. All will work great!
This is an overview of the instructions. For the complete directions just scroll down to the bottom!
🙋🏼♀️ Recipe FAQ's
Absolutely! Substitute with any pasta you have on hand. The baked cheesy tortellini is just so delicious!
Just minutes! Depending on whether you choose frozen, fresh or dried it can take anywhere from 2-8 minutes. That's why it's perfect for a weeknight meal!
It cooks very quickly. You'll know it's ready to be drained when it is slightly puffed up and floats to the top of the pot it's boiling in.
No matter what type of pasta you use, cook to al dente. Don't overcook the pasta!
Love this idea, but want to make it vegetarian? That's certainly easy enough, just omit the meat! You can add sautéed mushrooms for meaty goodness or leave them out.
Adding a couple big handfuls of spinach makes this super yummy as well.
No tortellini? No problem - you can use ravioli, bowtie, rigatoni, penne pasta. You can even use spaghetti. Just break it into thirds before boiling it.
Allow leftovers to cool completely, wrap tightly and refrigerate. It will last in the refrigerator 3-4 days. Freeze for up to three months.
🥗 Serving Suggestions
As you can see one of my favorite sides to serve with this meal is roasted asparagus! A few more great recipes are steamed Brussels sprouts or steamed green beans. This dish is rich and a light side is best!
If you're looking some yummy rolls to sop up that delicious cheese sauce, bake a batch of these fluffy dinner rolls!
😋 Related Recipes
Just like you, I'm all about an easy, delicious meal! Like this recipe for beef noodle casserole, so good and one everyone loves!
If you're tired of the same old meal, be sure to try this Taco Spaghetti Recipe! It's like your favorite taco wrapped up in pasta form! Cheesy and delicious, this is really an amazing meal!
This recipe for Cowboy Tater Tot Casserole is another family favorite and why not!! Who wouldn't love chili topped with cheesy hash browns? It's a creamy, hearty meal and so simple to make!
Another great dish is Unstuffed Bell Pepper Casserole - think your favorite stuffed pepper recipe without all the fussy prep, it's delicious!
When you make this please comment below and let me know what you think! I'd love it if you tag me on Instagram @bowl_me_over or #bowlmeover - so I can see your photos!
If you love this recipe please leave a ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ rating!
Philly Cheesesteak Tortellini Pasta Recipe
- 19 ounce cheese tortellini frozen or fresh
- 15 ounce frozen bell pepper strips
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 15 ounces alfredo sauce
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- ⅓ pound deli roast beef thinly sliced
- 6-8 slices provolone cheese thinly sliced
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a 9x13 casserole dish by spraying with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In well salted water, cooked the tortellini as per package directions just short of al dente. (It will finish cooking in the oven.) Drain well, set aside.
- Set a large pot over medium heat. Add the olive and frozen peppers. (No need to unthaw them first.) Sauté for 3-5 minutes until the peppers begin to soften.
- Add the cream cheese and alfredo sauce. Stir to combine and melt the cream cheese. Dice the roast beef into bite sized pieces. Add to the sauce.
- Next add all of the tortellini and stir to combine. Pour into prepared casserole dish. Top with slices of sliced provolone cheese.
- Bake the casserole uncovered for 20 minutes until it is hot & bubbly and the top is lightly brown. Serve and enjoy!