This Panera Chicken Alfredo Tortellini is a creamy dish that is sure to satisfy your comfort food cravings. The scrumptious recipe combines all the flavors of classic Italian cuisine into one indulgent meal. The rich Alfredo sauce, chicken, and parmesan cheese make this comforting dish an instant favorite!
Next time try the Chicken Spaghetti Recipe for my cheesy pasta deliciousness!
Why you'll love this recipe
✔️ It comes together in a just a short amount of time making it perfect for busy weeknights!
✔️ The alfredo sauce is creamy and delicious, adding a decadent flavor to the tortellini.
✔️ All of the ingredients are easy to find at your local grocery store.
For the exact measurements, please refer to the printable recipe card at the bottom of this post.
- frozen cheese tortellini pasta
- creamy alfredo sauce
- parmesan cheese
- rotisserie chicken, white chicken breast or any leftover cooked chicken
- cream cheese
- pasta water
This is an overview of the instructions. For the complete directions just scroll down to the bottom!
- Cook the pasta according to al dente. Scoop and save ½ cup of the pasta water. Drain the pasta well.
- Make the sauce in a large skillet over medium heat, and add the alfredo sauce and cream cheese to a large skillet. Warm to melt the cream cheese and whisk until it's incorporated, creamy, and velvety smooth.
- Combine sauce with pasta and chicken.
- Top with shredded parmesan cheese. Remove from heat and cover to melt, or place it under the broiler for a minute or two to melt and brown the cheese.
- Garnish with fresh parsley if desired, and serve immediately.
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Don't forget to check out my Amazon storefront for some of my favorite products! 🛍️
Unfortunately, yes Panera took this dish off their menu. But, that's okay because with this recipe you can make it at home in no time at all and for less!
I prefer to use cheese tortellini. You can use frozen or fresh just make sure that you follow the directions on the back of the package to cook your tortellini to al dente.
You can tell it's ready by tasting and checking the texture of your tortellini. It should be cooked all the way through but still have a slight bite to it. If you’re not sure, take one out and cut it in half to make sure it’s cooked properly.
- The tortellini cook time will be different depending on the type of pasta that you use, so be sure to boil tortellini according to the directions on the package. Fresh tortellini will take less time than frozen.
- Garnishing the pasta with a sprinkle of fresh parsley and extra parmesan cheese gives it a nice touch.
- I've found melting the cream cheese into the sauce easier if it's cubed before adding it.
- I used jazzed-up jarred alfredo sauce to make this easy, but you could also use your favorite homemade alfredo sauce instead.
- If you don't have rotisserie chicken on hand, you can sauté boneless skinless chicken breasts or chicken thighs in a little olive oil and add them to the pasta. Season the chicken with Italian seasoning, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and black pepper.
- Do you love extra cheesy pasta? Me too! Sprinkle mozzarella cheese or Italian cheese blend on top, then pop the dish under the broiler for two minutes to melt the cheese.
- If you prefer a thinner creamy sauce, you can add heavy cream or pasta water to the sauce.
- If you want to add additional flavor, you can use a mixture of parmesan and Romano cheeses.
- Add some fresh vegetables to this dish, such as spinach, grape tomatoes, sautéed mushrooms or sundried tomatoes.
- Add hints of red pepper if you want a little spice in your alfredo sauce; just a pinch should do.
Refrigerate - Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to three days.
Freezer - If you use the jarred Alfredo sauce, this will freeze well. If you make homemade alfredo, due to the dairy, I don't recommend freezing it. The diary can separate when thawed.
Reheat - The best way to reheat this dish is by microwaving it. You can also heat it on the stovetop or in the oven if you prefer.
More recipes with Alfredo sauce
- Chicken Fettuccini Alfredo Casserole is filled with tender noodles, creamy alfredo sauce, tender chicken, and tangy parmesan cheese.
- One pot Chicken Alfredo with Peas is the perfect comfort food. It's creamy, cheesy, and delicious!
- Homemade Alfredo Sauce - Better than Olive Garden, this rich sauce is the perfect topping to all the pasta.
- Easy Chicken Alfredo Stuffed Shells Recipe is filled with rotisserie chicken, bacon and flavored with ranch seasoning. All topped with an oozy, cheesy, Alfredo Sauce it's a great weeknight meal!
- The next time you are looking for an easy recipe to give the Chicken a la King a try. Served over egg noodles, it's a quick and easy meal!
- if you are searching for a delicious recipe that is not only comforting but also tasty, then look no further than this Chicken Noodle Casserole it's just like Grandma used to make.
- This Crockpot Chicken and Gravy is one of my favorite slow cooker recipes to make when I need a set it and forget meal for busy days.
- If you want to make your own homemade alfredo sauce give this recipe a try, it's a delicious copycat of the Olive Garden version of this classic sauce.
- I love to serve this Panera chicken tortellini alfredo recipe with this Air Fryer Garlic Bread for an easy dinner.
- Turn this copycat recipe into an easy meal by pairing it with a fresh side like this Outback Wedge Salad.
- I love to end a meal that has a pasta dish like this one, with a sweet treat such as this No Bake Lemon Icebox Pie.
Hey if you want to catch all my videos, be sure to subscribe to my YouTube Channel. You'll be notified each time I share a new video!
If you love this recipe please leave a ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ rating!
Panera Chicken Tortellini Alfredo Recipe
- 20 ounces frozen cheese tortellini
- 22 ounces creamy alfredo sauce about a jar and a half
- 1 cup parmesan cheese shredded
- 2 cups rotisserie chicken diced
- 2 ounces cream cheese softened and cubed
- ½ cup pasta water or chicken stock
I earn a commission from Instacart from qualifying purchases.
- Cook the pasta according to package instructions to al dente. Scoop and save ½ cup of the pasta water. Drain the pasta well..
- While the pasta is cooking, make the sauce. In a large skillet over medium heat, add the alfredo sauce and cream cheese to a large skillet. Warm to melt the cream cheese and whisk until it's incorporated and creamy.
- Add the pasta and chicken. Fold to mix and combine with the sauce.
- Top with shredded parmesan cheese. Remove from heat and cover to melt, or place it under the broiler for a minute or two to melt and brown the cheese. Watch it carefully so it doesn't burn!
- Garnish with fresh parsley if desired, serve immediately.