This chicken alfredo with peas is the perfect comfort food. It's creamy, cheesy, and delicious. Plus, it's easy to make. You'll be able to have a delicious home-cooked meal on the table in no time.
Next time try Ground Sausage Peppers and Onions Pasta!
Why you'll love this recipe
✔️ This recipe is easy to make with simple ingredients. It cooks up in one pot saving you time on dishes!
✔️ The peas add a touch of sweetness, freshness and flavor.
✔️ Like Chicken Alfredo Stuffed Shells, this is perfect for a cozy night in or even on busy weeknights since it's quick to make.
For the exact measurements, please refer to the printable recipe card at the bottom of this post.
- uncooked penne pasta, ziti pasta or even fettuccine noodles, broken into thirds. Adjust cooking time appropriately for different types of pasta.
- hot water or for more flavor use chicken broth
- evaporated milk
- Alfredo pasta sauce
- cream cheese
- shredded rotisserie chicken or cubed cooked boneless skinless chicken breasts or chicken strips.
- parmesan cheese
- frozen peas
- season with kosher salt and black pepper
This is an overview of the instructions. For the complete directions just scroll down to the bottom!
- In large dutch oven, heat evaporated milk plus 4 cups hot water and the pasta to boiling over high heat.
- Once it comes to a boil, reduce heat to medium-high; cook 7 minutes, stirring frequently; do not drain.
- Now reduce heat to medium. Add chicken, cream cheese and Alfredo sauce. Continue to cook, melting the cream cheese for three additional minutes stirring frequently, cooking pasta to al dente.
- Remove from heat; stir in peas and parmesan cheese.
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
You can use any type of pasta, you just have to be sure to keep stirring it so it doesn't stick to the bottom or clump together.
Use a large soup pot or Dutch Oven.
If it sticks together it's because you didn't stir it enough.
You'll need four cups of water for one pound of pasta.
Traditional Alfredo sauce is made of butter, cream, and Parmesan cheese. However, this recipe uses a store-bought Alfredo sauce to make life easier! You could also use a homemade Alfredo sauce if you prefer.
Alfredo sauce can be thickened by using a cornstarch slurry. Or by adding more parmesan cheese.
It may be to thick. Try thinning it with a little milk or cream. Do not use water. The other reason it may not be crea is that you used low-fat ingredients which can make your pasta less creamy.
- If you don't have a rotisserie chicken on hand, you can use any type of neutral or Italian flavored cooked chicken.
- If you're not a fan of peas, you can leave them out. But, I suggest giving them a try, they really do take this dish up a notch in flavor.
- For this recipe you do not want to drain the water after cooking the pasta. The starch water will help make a delicious and creamy sauce for you.
- If you don't have a dutch oven, you can use a large heavy bottomed pot.
- This recipe can easily be adapted to fit your dietary needs. Simply swap out the regular pasta for gluten free or whole wheat pasta.
- If you like a cajun alfredo, you can add cajun seasoning to this recipe when you add the parmesan cheese for more flavor.
- Instead of using store bought alfredo sauce, you can use homemade instead like this Better Than Olive Garden Alfredo Sauce.
- If you want to make this dish a bit healthier, you can use low fat evaporated milk, cream cheese, and alfredo sauce. However, the full fat products really give this dish it's flavor.
- Switch up the pasta shape, by using your favorite variety. I like a pasta with ridges so that the sauce has something to hold on to.
Refrigerator - This creamy chicken recipe can be stored in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Freezer - It freezes great! Because we're using jarred sauce, rather than a homemade Alfredo Sauce where you melt butter add, half and half, garlic, etc. the sauce doesn't separate.
Reheat - Chicken alfredo with peas can be easily reheated in the microwave or on the stove top. Just heat it until it's hot and bubbly. Add a dash of milk or heavy cream to make the sauce creamy again if it thickens up too much.
More Alfredo sauce recipes
- Chicken Fettuccini Alfredo Casserole is filled with tender noodles, creamy alfredo sauce, tender chicken, and tangy parmesan cheese.
- Homemade Alfredo Sauce - Better than Olive Garden, this rich sauce is the perfect topping to all the pasta.
- Easy Chicken Alfredo Stuffed Shells Recipe is filled with rotisserie chicken, bacon and flavored with ranch seasoning. All topped with an oozy, cheesy, Alfredo Sauce it's a great weeknight meal!
Sure to satisfy your comfort food cravings, Panera Chicken Alfredo Tortellini combines all the flavors of classic Italian cuisine into one indulgent meal.
- If you love creamy pasta recipes you should give this Copycat Cheesecake Factory Chicken and Broccoli Pasta recipe a try next time.
- Looking for some dinner inspiration that's easy yet flavorful? This Beef Stroganoff recipe is just what you are looking for.
- Cajun Shrimp and Chicken Pasta is company-good! It tastes super amazing but it's easy to make!
- This creamy and cheesy Chicken Noodle Casserole is the ultimate comfort food and your entire family will love it.
- Pan Roasted Vegetables are fresh and flavorful and make for a delicious side dish with most meals.
- If you want a great side dish to pair with chicken alfredo with peas, that doesn't require much effort, then this Steakhouse Salad is the recipe that you are looking for.
- Nothing pairs better with creamy pasta dishes than Garlic Stuffed Cheesy Bread.
Don't forget to check out my Amazon storefront for some of my favorite products! 🛍️
If you love this recipe please leave a ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ rating!
Chicken Alfredo with Peas
- 1 pound uncooked penne pasta
- 4 cups hot water
- 12 ounces evaporated milk
- 15 ounce Alfredo pasta sauce one jar
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
I earn a commission from Instacart from qualifying purchases.
- In large dutch oven, heat evaporated milk, 4 cups hot water and the pasta. Bring to a boil over high heat.
- Once it comes to a boil, reduce to medium-high heat. Cook 7 minutes, stirring frequently; do not drain.
- Next reduce to medium heat. Add chicken, cream cheese and Alfredo sauce. Continue to cook and stir for three additional minutes stirring frequently while the pasta cooks and you have a smooth sauce.
- Remove from heat; stir in parmesan cheese, season with salt and pepper. Cover and let rest for 5 minutes. Remove cover and stir in peas and serve!