I don't know about you, but I love a good pasta dish. It's the ultimate comfort food for me. This Shrimp and Chicken Cajun Pasta is just what you need to spice up your weeknight meal routine. The best part? It's really easy to make! You'll have this dish on the table in no time.
Next time try the Crockpot Angel Chicken Recipe - it's amazing!
Why you'll love this recipe
✔️ It's a one-pot meal, which means fewer dishes to wash!
✔️ You can easily customize the level of spice to your liking.
✔️ This is an easy way to dress up a simple pasta dish, I know you'll find this a new favorite dinner!
For the exact measurements, please refer to the printable recipe card at the bottom of this post.
- fettuccine noodles
- crab boil seasoning for seasoning the water, you can substitute salt if you'd prefer.
- shallots or sweet yellow onions
- fresh garlic
- creole seasoning
- cream of chicken soup
- Worcestershire sauce
- Velveeta cheese cubed
- Rotel (canned tomatoes and chiles)
- chicken breast
- green onions
This is an overview of the instructions. For the complete directions just scroll down to the bottom!
- Preheat the oven .
- Bring a large pot of water to boil and season. Add pasta and cook until al dente. Drain and set aside.
- Place large skillet on stovetop over medium-high heat. Add butter and melt.
- Next add the chopped shallots and garlic and sauté for one or two minutes until the garlic is just fragrant.
- Add the Creole seasoning, the soup, tomatoes and chilies and Worcestershire sauce, mix well to combine. Cook until hot and bubbly.
- Next add the Velveeta cheese and stir until totally melted and cheesy.
- Add the sliced cooked chicken, cooked shrimp and green onions. Cook the creamy cajun chicken pasta another 2 minutes, remove from heat. Add the cooked pasta, mix well to combine.
- Cover with foil and place in preheated oven for 15 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Yes, you can cook them together, however, the shrimp takes less time to cook until your chicken is cut up into bite-sized pieces.
Raw shrimp needs about two to three minutes on each side. You can tell shrimp is done when it reaches the internal temperature of 145 degrees F.
There are many different cajun seasoning blends on the market. If you're looking for an authentic cajun flavor, I recommend Tony Chachere's. If you want something with a little less sodium, try Slap Ya Mama.
The best substitute for velveeta cheese is cream cheese.
Absolutely, the edition of vegetables are terrific in this dish. Asparagus, zucchini squash, fresh spinach or a sauteed green bell pepper would be fantastic in the pasta.
Things to know
- Make sure to cook the pasta al dente, otherwise, it can become mushy in the oven.
- I used fettuccine noodles, but you can use your favorite pasta instead if you prefer. My family also likes to use penne pasta, I recommend pasta with ridges as the sauce from this delicious recipe will cling to the noodles better.
- You can use any type of precooked chicken, or you can cook your chicken breast and shrimp with cajun spices if you want to add more flavor to this easy meal.
- Instead of using the cream of chicken soup, you can use alfredo sauce or make your own creamy sauce with heavy cream, parmesan cheese, and garlic powder.
- Save a cup of pasta water just in case you want to make the sauce a little looser.
- Add more vegetables such as bell peppers, zucchini, or mushrooms.
- Add different proteins such as sausage, ground beef, or tofu.
- Add more heat to this recipe by adding red pepper flakes, cayenne pepper, or even more cajun seasoning blends.
- Substitute angel hair pasta, penne, rigatoni, really any of your favorites for the fettuccini - delish!
- If you want a less spicy dish, you can omit the Rotel and just use canned diced tomatoes.
Refrigerate - Store leftover creamy shrimp pasta in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-4 days.
Freezer - I do not recommend freezing this pasta because the pasta can be mushy and the sauce may separate.
Reheat - To reheat, just place the desired amount in a skillet over medium heat until warmed through. You may need to add a little bit of water or chicken broth to make the sauce thin and creamy again.
- Is your family a fan of pasta dinners? If so, then this Ground Sausage Peppers and Onions Pasta is going to be a hit for your entire family.
- This Lemon Garlic Pasta is easy to make and filled with bright, vibrant flavor. You'll have dinner on the table in just 20 minutes. It's the perfect busy night dinner.
- The easy Chicken Bacon Ranch Casserole is always a hit!
- Spice it up and try the Shrimp and Chicken Fajitas Recipe next!
- Tuna Casserole Recipe is the ultimate comfort food recipe!
- Are you looking for a pasta recipe that is filled with crunchy veggies that your entire family will love? Look no further than this Southern Style Ham and Pasta Salad recipe.
- For more Cajun meals, start with learning how to make roux for gumbo. When you finish the roux, you'll want to make the Crockpot Chicken and Sausage Gumbo recipe.
- I love to serve this creamy pasta with a side of crusty bread like this Air Fryer Garlic Bread.
- Are you looking for a fresh salad to serve with this comforting meal? This Steakhouse Salad recipe is not only fresh but also full of delicious flavor.
- End this family-friendly meal with a slice of this sweet and creamy No-Bake Strawberry Pie. It's light and refreshing and perfect after a hearty pasta recipe like this one.
Don't forget to check out my Amazon storefront for some of my favorite products! 🛍️
If you love this recipe please leave a ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ rating!
Creamy Alfredo Cajun Shrimp and Chicken Pasta
- 1 pound fettuccine noodles
- 2 tablespoons crab boil seasoning
- ½ cup butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 shallots diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- ½ tablespoon creole seasoning
- 10.5 ounce can cream of chicken soup
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 12 ounces Velveeta cheese cubed
- 10.5 ounces diced tomatoes
- 1 pound shrimp
- 1 chicken breasts sliced
- 2 green onions diced
I earn a commission from Instacart from qualifying purchases.
- Sprinkle the Cajun seasoning over the shrimp and chicken and set aside.
- Heat the olive oil to a large cast iron skillet over a medium-high heat.
- Add the shrimp and cook about 2-3 minutes each side then remove to a plate.
- Add the chicken to the skillet and cook for about 5 minutes then remove to a plate.
- Cook the fettuccine noodles per package instructions.
- Add the butter to the large cast iron skillet and add the shallots and garlic. Cook for about 2 minutes.
- Add the chicken soup, diced tomatoes and Worcestershire sauce and cook about 2 minutes.
- Add the cubed Velveeta cheese and heat through until totally melted.
- Add back the shrimp, chicken and add the chopped green onions. Stir through until mixed well.
- Add the cooked fettuccine noodles and mix with the cream sauce.
- Allow to heat through for about 3-5 minutes then turn off the heat.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley and offer parmesan cheese when serving.