The big bold flavors in this Steakhouse Salad will compliment your meal perfectly! Blue cheese, artichokes and hearts of palm pair perfectly with sweet homemade vinaigrette. No boring iceberg lettuce salad here! Best Green Salad ever, this will be your new go-to salad for every meal!
Next time try this Outback Wedge Salad Recipe!
Why you'll love this recipe
So today, I'm so excited to share this recipe that is by far HANDS DOWN the BEST salad you will ever eat! It's perfect for a special holiday or dinner party! Here's why you'll love it:
✔️ fried salami - yum!
✔️ great pickled vegetables.
✔️ plenty of fresh vegetables too: Romaine lettuce, tomatoes, onions and mushrooms.
This Steakhouse Salad is good salad all brought together with salty Romano cheese and creamy blue cheese crumbles. Topped with a sweet homemade vinaigrette, in a word this salad is AMAZING!
- romaine lettuce or iceberg lettuce, tomatoes, mushrooms, red onion
- green olives, hearts of palm, artichoke hearts
- blue cheese or gorgonzola cheese and Romano cheese
- fresh orange juice or fresh lemon juice
- extra virgin olive oil
- white wine vinegar or balsamic vinegar. You can even use apple cider vinegar in a pinch!
- Italian seasoning
- garlic powder
- Fry the salami in olive oil until crispy. Drain, set aside.
- Add all of the vinaigrette ingredients to a small jar with a screw top lid. Shake vigorously to combine the ingredients.
- Prepare the salad ingredients and add everything to a large mixing bowl. Lettuce, mushrooms, tomatoes and onions.
- Chop the artichokes, slice the hearts of palm and olives. Add to the salad.
- Add the Blue and Ramano cheeses, top the salad with the fried salami.
- Shake the vinaigrette well and dress the salad. Enjoy!
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
- you'll need a sharp knife for chopping all of the vegetables!
- if you want to make a chopped salad, this double-bladed salad chopper is the best tool.
Absolutely, that would be a great substitution. Bacon would also work (I just really like the flavor of salami!) Just fry until crispy and drain well.
Yes, use a good quality balsamic salad dressing.
Use a sharp knife or salad chopper to finely chop chop all of the ingredients. Then add the cheese and fried salami. Toss with salad dressing right before serving.
- Salty meat - salami or bacon adds great flavor and crunch!
- Fry the minced until the fat is rendered from the meat and it is crispy. If you like bacon bits, this salty little bite kicks bacon bits to the curb! YUM!!!
- Don't overdress your salad with too much salad dressing! There's nothing worse than a soggy salad right? Add a limited amount of salad dressing and mix to combine. It's always easy to add more, but you can't take it away!
- Add the salad dressing right before serving. Serve extra dressing on the side.
You can substitute bacon or pepperoni for the salami if you'd prefer, but I encourage you to try this with the salami.
Blue cheese dressing would be amazing was well!
Thinly slice steaks and serve it alongside or top the salad.
Click on the image to watch this fun video and see me make this recipe from start to finish with extra tips! (Video opens in a new tab).
Please like & subscribe to the channel so you'll be the first in the know! Click to watch the full video on YouTube.
This salad is special! It is the perfect choice for with main dish like:
- Prime Rib - perfect salad to enjoy with this melt-in-your mouth steak.
- Yummy with a BBQ Tri Tip - love this tender steak!
- Teriyaki Steak - this is a great combination of flavors, mixed with the freshness of the salad.
- Seared on a hot grill lamb chops are amazing with this recipe.
More delicious green salads to enjoy!
- Southwest Salad Recipe - super fresh and topped with a homemade vinaigrette it's a great side salad or a light lunch or dinner.
- This good for you Shaved Brussel Sprout Salad Recipe is loaded with tons of crunch.
- Steakhouse Wedge Salad - topped with blue cheese salad dressing, amazing!
- Garden Salad Recipe with Creamy Vinaigrette - my favorite part of this salad is all the freshness.
- Such a lovely salad the Asparagus Salad Recipe is bright and fresh!
- Healthy Superfood Salad - the name says it all, it's loaded good for you ingredients.
- Be sure to try this yummy BLT Pasta Salad, it's a great side dish!
- I do love the brightness of this Citrus Salad with Winter Greens!
Steakhouse Salad Recipe
- Homemade Vinaigrette
- ½ orange juiced
- ⅓ cup olive oil extra virgin
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- Salad Ingredients
- 2 heads romaine lettuce diced
- 1 cup tomatoes diced
- 1 cup mushrooms sliced
- ¼ cup red onions small dice
- ½ cup green olives halved
- ½ cup hearts of palm sliced
- ½ cup marinated artichoke hearts chopped
- ½ cup blue cheese crumbled
- ¼ romano cheese shredded
- 5-8 oz. salami or pepperoni diced into very small pieces
I earn a commission from Instacart from qualifying purchases.
- Start with the salami. Dice it into very small pieces. Add two tablespoons of Star Extra Virgin Olive Oil to a heavy skillet over medium heat. Add the minced salami. Fry until crispy 8-10 minutes.
- While the salami is frying, prepare the vinaigrette - add all of the ingredients to a small jar with a screw top lid. Shake vigorously. Set aside - give a good shake prior to dressing the salad.
- Remove the salami when crispy and allow it to drain on a paper towel. Set aside.
- Prepare the salad ingredients and add everything to a large bowl. Chop the lettuce, slice the mushrooms and tomatoes. Dice the onions.
- Chop the artichokes into bite-sized pieces. Slice the hearts of palm and green olives. Add to the salad.
- Add the crumbled blue cheese and freshly grated Ramano cheese. Top the salad with the fried salami.
- Shake the vinaigrette then lightly dress the salad. Enjoy as a meal or with your favorite grilled meat!