How to grill lamb chops perfectly every time! Step-by-step instructions so you can grill chops like a pro! Cooked quickly they are seared and tender when you follow a few easy steps. It’s a quick meal that can be fancy, but fast and easy enough for a simple weeknight meal too!
Dan had never tried lamb before we met. I think it’s one of those flavors that you think you would hate. Or perhaps you tried it and it wasn’t cooked right. Lamb can be really good or really bad. There’s really no in-between.
Now he’s a believer! This summer we’ve grilled lamb several times and Dan loves it! Lamb has great flavor and is super tender when it’s seared quickly and simply seasoned. Now it’s my turn to share with you how to grill lamb chops perfectly every time!
More grilling goodness! Today I’m serving up some easy grilling food and you’re not going to believe how quickly this is on the table!
Have you grilled lamb at home? We grill chops often. It’s an affordable protein that’s easily made and is ready in a snap. It’s deliciously paired with many sides, but it can be intimidating – I get that!
Today I’d like to share with you my fail-safe method for tender flavorful chops!
How long do you grill lamb chops?
- Cook them on high heat quickly – no more than two to three minutes per side – the worst thing you can do is overcook lamb. It becomes tough and tasteless.
- Since lamb chops can differ in size using a thermometer makes sense. It’s the best method to ensure your chops are cooked to the temperature you prefer. 110° for rare, 130° for medium-rare or 150° for medium.
How do you cook lamb chops?
- Brush with olive oil, sprinkle with seasoning and cook them quickly over high heat.
Is lamb good for you?
- Lamb is a low fat, high quality protein rich in vitamins and minerals. It’s a great choice for your meal time rotation.
What is a good marinade for lamb chops?
The seasoning for these chops is my Chef’s Blend Seasoning Rub. It’s an easy, flavorful rub you make at home from herbs and spices you already have in your cabinet.
It takes less than five minutes to make and will store up to six months. Bonus? Because you make it yourself, you know what’s in it!
This seasoning mix contains; cumin, toasted sesame seeds, red chili powder, turmeric, oregano, sumac and salt. Don’t have sumac in your cabinet?
Don’t worry, I give you alternatives. Swing over and grab the recipe here – Chef’s Blend Spice Rub.
How to grill lamb chops step-by-step
- remove the chops from the fridge and allow them to come to room temperature
- while they are resting, brush with olive oil and sprinkle with spice mix, salt and pepper
- allow to rest for 20-30 minutes
- when you are ready to grill, get the grill screaming hot!
- sear the chops 2-3 minutes on side one, flip and do the same for side two
- remove from the grill immediately, place on a platter and cover with foil
- allow them to rest for the juices to redistribute into the meat, this will keep them flavorful and juicy!
Loin chops and rib chops work great on the grill. This recipe uses rib chops. The end of the bone has been removed. However if you have the opportunity to buy full chops with the rib, get those! Many remove the fat from the ribs, I don’t! I recommend keeping the whole rib intact. Fat = flavor, plus the bone is easy to grab and makes for great finger food!
If you’re looking for delicious sides to serve with this lovely meal, here are a few suggestions – Bow Tie Pasta Salad, grilled vegetables or Southern Style Pasta Salad – great make-ahead side dishes! These Rosemary Lemon Roasted Potatoes are super yummy too!
More lamb recipes? You betcha!
No Fail Grilled Lamb Chops from West Via Midwest
Lamb Steaks with Mint Honey Vinaigrette – The Spruce Eats
Easy Orange Harissa Lamb Chops Recipe – The Mediterranean Dish
If you love this recipe as much as we do, be sure to leave a comment below – I’d love to hear from you!
How to grill lamb chops
How to grill lamb chopsHow to grill lamb chops perfectly every time! Lamb Chops are quickly seared and tender when you follow a few easy steps. This is a quick meal that can be fancy, but fast and easy enough for a simple weeknight meal too! This recipe gives you step-by-step directions so you can grill lamb chops perfectly every time!Servings: 4 servingsCalories: 586kcalAs an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 8 lamb chops one inch thick
- 2 tsp chef's blend spice mix
- 2-3 tbsp lamb chops divided
- salt and pepper to taste
- Remove the lamb chops from the refrigerator.
- Season the chops - brush them with olive oil and sprinkle with chefs blend spice mix, salt and pepper to taste.
- Allow to come to room temperatures for 20-30 minutes before grilling.
- When you are ready to grill - preheat the grill. Get it screaming hot! Brush the grill lightly with olive oil.
- Sear the chops for 2-3 minutes on side one. Flip and do the same for side two.
- Remove from the grill immediately, place on a platter and cover with foil. Allow to rest for 10 minutes prior to serving.
NutritionCalories: 586kcal | Protein: 85g | Fat: 24g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 263mg | Sodium: 205mg | Potassium: 1097mg | Vitamin C: 0.2mg | Calcium: 46mg | Iron: 7.9mg
Sign up for my recipes here!!Don't worry, we'll never share your email.