These Puff Pastry Tacos are so easy to make and taste amazing! The shells are light and flaky and filled with taco meat, cheese, and salsa for a family-friendly meal that is oh-so-easy to make! If you are looking for a kid-friendly, busy weeknight meal, look no further than this recipe.
Why you'll love this recipe
✔️These puffy tacos are the perfect blend of flaky crust and savory taco flavor.
✔️They are also the perfect appetizer for game day when you something easy.
✔️ Even the picky eaters in your household will rave about these handheld bites.
For the exact measurements, please refer to the printable recipe card at the bottom of this post.
- lean ground beef
- taco seasoning
- puff pastry sheets
- shredded cheese
This is an overview of the instructions. For the complete directions just scroll down to the bottom!
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Thaw puff pastry. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, and set aside.
- Brown ground beef, drain fat.
- Add salsa, water, and taco seasoning to browned hamburger, and mix to combine. Simmer for five minutes.
- Unfold thawed pastry, and slice each sheet into 9 squares.
- Place a spoonful of meat mixture in the center of each pastry square. Top with a couple of tablespoons of cheese.
- Fold opposite corners of the puff pastry crust together and pinch to seal. Place on the parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes until the pastry is golden brown.
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
- large skillet
- knife or pizza cutter
- baking sheet or sheet pan lined with parchment paper
Don't forget to check out my Amazon storefront for some of my favorite products! 🛍️
All you need to do is gently unroll the sheets onto your prepared baking sheet or floured work surface.
Yes, you will need to fill these puff pastry tacos before you bake them.
No, there's no need to pull out your rolling pin, it is already rolled out for you.
- If you lightly dust your work surface with flour, that will prevent your puff sheets from sticking to the surface when you cut them.
- I like to use a pizza cutter to cut the dough, it's just easier than a knife.
- When closing the bites, fold the corners of each square inward and press them together.
- You can top these with your favorite toppings, or dip them in salsa, sour cream, or taco sauce.
- Instead of ground beef you can use ground turkey or ground chicken for the taco mixture.
- Crescent roll dough will work in place of the puff pastry, but will not have as much of a flaky crust.
- If you want a little more spice to these, add a can of green chilies, and some additional chili powder to the ground beef mixture before you fill the shells.
- Top with your favorite taco toppings - diced tomatoes, sliced jalapeños, fresh cilantro, olives or salsa.
Refrigerate - Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to three days.
Freezer - Let the tacos cool to room temperature. Store in an airtight container or zip-top freezer bag for up to three months.
Reheating - Reheat in the oven at 350 degrees F for 10 minutes or until heated through. You can also reheat them in an air fryer at 370 degrees F for about 3 minutes.
- If you tacos and need a new tasty appetizer to make for your next party? Give this Ground Beef Taco Dip recipe a try. It will quickly become a family favorite.
- The next time you are in the mood for tacos but don't want a dish that can be assembled ahead, then come back to this Cheesy Taco Bake. Not only is it easy to make but it also tastes great the next day.
- This Taco Spaghetti is one of my favorite recipes to make when I want an easy dinner that doesn't require a lot of prep work.
- Love this, be sure to try a taco puff pastry pizza!
- I love to serve this tasty dish with a side of this Classic Velveeta Dip and tortilla chips. You can't have Taco Tuesday without chips and cheese dip.
- Make your taco night completely by serving delicious dish with this Mexican Martini. It's the perfect adult beverage to sip on while you enjoy this delicious recipe.
- End this simple meal with a sweet treat like this Hershey Bar Pie. It's rich, creamy and super easy to make!
Hey if you want to catch all my videos, be sure to subscribe to my YouTube Channel. You'll be notified each time I share a new video!
If you love this recipe please leave a ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ rating!
Puffy Tacos Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 cup salsa
- ¼ cup water
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 2 sheets puff pastry cut into 9 squares
- 1 ½ cups shredded cheese
I earn a commission from Instacart from qualifying purchases.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Thaw puff pastry. Line baking sheet with parchment paper, set aside.
- Brown ground beef, drain fat.
- Add salsa, water and taco seasoning to browned hamburger, mix to combine. Simmer for five minutes.
- Unfold thawed pastry, slice each sheet into 9 squares.
- Place a spoonful of taco meat in the center of each square of pastry. Top with a couple of tablespoons of cheese.
- Fold opposite corners of the pastry together and pinch to seal. Place on parchment baking sheet.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes until the the pastry is browned.