Queso Dip – Want an easy side to share for game day? Queso Dip! Easy and so delicious you won’t be able to stop eating it! Don’t say I didn’t warn you!
Ok… I’ve stopped mourning. It’s true I was pretty sad when the Packers lost the Division Playoffs. 🏈 That day I had to drown my sorrows. No, not an extra glass of wine. No, not a beer. I grabbed a bowl… of hot, cheesy, amazing Queso Dip.
I know it’s comfort eating, but after the beating they took it seemed like the right thing to do. And since this recipe is so good, I decided to share it with you. Because one day you just might need to drown your sorrows too!
Dive in head first with your chip! Take a big scoop, chomp down and enjoy every minute of it because here’s the deal. This is one of those recipes that if you are watching your weight or on a special diet, just close this out & delete.
No need to go any further.
Seriously! I’m not even going to post a picture in the beginning because I don’t want to tempt you!
But if you’d like to try an AMAZING queso dip, read on!
You didn’t listen….did you? Hahaha! That’s ok, I don’t blame you, I rarely listen either! 😀
Queso Dip – couldn’t be easier. Chop an onion & some tomatoes, mince a garlic, open a couple cans – warm everything up and open a bag of chips. It’s party time!
A small crock pot or slow cooker on the buffet table will keep this perfectly warm and dip-able thru-out the entire game.
Or keep it on the stove and serve alongside with small bowls – either way works. Leftovers (if there are any) make amazing nachos on day two or really switch it up by making Queso Chicken Enchiladas! You know me…I love to repurpose leftovers!
Another great appetizer for game day is chicken wings. I have a couple of GREAT recipes for chicken wings on my blog – in fact my friend Nicole says her husband is now spoiled because when they go out for chicken wings, they don’t taste as good as Deb’s recipe! 😀 (Those types of comments just make my day!)
And the Blue Cheese Dip that you serve alongside these wings? A-MAZING!
This Super Bowl I’m rooting for the Falcons – how about you?
More tasty party food Dips!
Want an easy side to share for game day? Grab this recipe for Queso Dip! It couldn't be any easier, but it so delicious you won't be able to stop eating it! Don't say I didn't warn you! 😉
- 1 16 oz block Velveeta Cheese
- 1 yellow onion finely chopped
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1 clove of garlic minced
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 4 oz can green chilis
- 1 tablespoon jalepenos minced (optional)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Place a large sauce pan over medium heat. Add the olive oil & chopped onion. Saute for about 3-4 minutes until they just begin to soften. At this time add the garlic. Saute for another minute and add the remaining ingredients. Stir until the Velveeta cheese is melted and all of the ingredients are well combined and heated thru.
- If desired, garnish with chopped cilantro and serve with tortilla chips.
- Lastly.....I've been known to use the leftover queso to make a couple other meals - stay tuned for those recipes in upcoming blogs!