Calling all football fans! Need some food ideas for your next game day party? Let me introduce this mouthwatering Buffalo Wild Wings chicken nachos recipe.
These are the ultimate nachos to feed a crowd who appreciates the flavor of buffalo wings—arguably the best food for football season. However, unlike fussy wings, nachos are easier to prep, cook, clean up, and eat!
Why you'll love this recipe
✔️ Satisfy your taste buds by achieving amazing buffalo chicken flavor without the hassle of frying chicken wings.
✔️ Guests can't get enough of crispy tortilla chips, melty cheese, and spicy buffalo sauce—talk about flavor heaven!!
✔️ For extra convenience, you can use a store-bought rotisserie chicken. Score!
Please refer to the printable recipe card at the bottom of this post for the exact measurements.
- Cooked chicken - you can use leftover chicken, rotisserie chicken, or poached chicken breast.
- red onion
- buffalo sauce
- black beans
- tortilla chips
- Shredded cheese - I used cheddar cheese, but pepper jack cheese would be amazing too!
- Nachos toppings: sliced jalapeños, diced tomatoes, olives, salsa or pico de Gallo, and sour cream
This is an overview of the instructions. For complete directions, scroll down to the bottom.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Use a cast iron skillet or a sheet pan and pour the tortilla chips onto the bottom of the pan. Be generous—use at least half of the bag.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine the diced chicken, red onion, black beans, and buffalo sauce. Then, spoon the chicken and onion mixture over the tortilla chips and top with shredded cheese.
- Place the pan in the preheated oven for 12-15 minutes or until all of the cheese is melted.
- Finally, remove from the oven, add your favorite toppings, and serve immediately!
- Cast iron skillet or large sheet pan
- Mixing bowl
Don't forget to check out my Amazon storefront for some of my favorite products! 🛍️
Any store-bought sauce will do! However, I recommend Franks Redhot sauce or any kind of Buffalo Wild Wings brand hot sauce.
You can prepare the chicken, buffalo sauce, beans, and onion mixture ahead of time, storing it in the fridge until you're ready to assemble the nachos. Then, shred the cheddar cheese for added convenience when it's time to cook.
However, I don't recommend adding the toppings to the nacho chips until you're ready to bake and serve 'em. Otherwise, they'll get soggy.
To keep in line with the spicy wings theme, use Pepper jack cheese. On the other hand, if you want a milder option, use Monterey jack, American, or Colby jack cheese.
I highly recommend using freshly grated cheese—trust me, it's worth it for nachos. After all, freshly shredded cheese has better flavor and texture. Pre-shredded cheese often has anti-caking agents that can prevent it from melting properly.
- When assembling the nachos, be sure to lightly grease the skillet or baking sheet to prevent anything from sticking to the bottom.
- Alternatively, line your pan with greased aluminum foil for even easier cleanup.
- If you're prepping raw chicken for Buffalo Wild Wings chicken nachos, use a meat thermometer to ensure the internal temperature of the chicken breasts reaches at least 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
- No need to arrange the chips in a single layer—my recipe calls for a lot of chips because the cheesy buffalo goodness will melt into all the nooks and crannies!
- Finally, add an extra drizzle of buffalo sauce or some blue cheese dressing on the top of your cooked nachos for extra flavor and picture-perfect presentation.
You can use different types of shredded cheese if you're in the mood to switch things up. Also, feel free to crumble some feta or blue cheese over top the nachos when serving for an extra cheesy, wing-flavored kick.
Not a fan of chips? We won't judge—use frozen and baked potato wedges instead - AMAZING! Loaded tots are just as addicting as nachos for game day.
Lastly, get creative with toppers! Green onions, jalapenos, grilled corn, ranch dressing, and lettuce make great additional topping options for Buffalo Wild Wings chicken nachos.
Refrigerate—Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to four days. However, the chips will get softer the longer they're stored.
Reheat—Heat leftover Buffalo Wild Wings chicken nachos in the oven or air fryer at 350 degrees F to crisp up any soggyness.
- Buffalo Chicken Dip is a classic party appetizer—only a few simple ingredients are needed, and you won't be able to quit eating it!
- If you still can't get enough buffalo flavor, you'll enjoy these spicy Air Fryer Buffalo Chicken Bites, which are easy to make and super juicy.
- Whip up some delicious and hearty Buffalo Chicken Pasta for a crowd or to make any weeknight family dinner feel like a fun occasion.
- Pico de Gallo goes with nachos like football goes with food! Plus, the refreshing burst of homemade flavor is much better than store-bought.
- Then, give your guests a beefy option with Grape Jelly BBQ Meatballs—they go so quickly at parties, and they're even quicker to make!
- Chewy, chocolatey, and made in just 20 minutes, Snickers Chocolate Chip Cookies are everything a good party dessert should be!
Hey, if you want to catch all my videos, subscribe to my YouTube Channel. You'll be notified each time I share a new video!
If you try out my Buffalo Wild Wings chicken nacho recipe, I hope you love the way it tastes. After you enjoy, add your feedback below—I can't wait to hear from you!
Buffalo Wild Wings Chicken Nachos Recipe
- 1 cup chicken diced
- ½ cup diced red onion
- ½ cup buffalo sauce
- can of black beans well drained and rinsed.
- tortilla chips
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese use freshly shredded if possible!
- Assorted toppers for your nachos: sliced jalapeños diced tomatoes, olives, salsa or pico de Gallo and sour cream
I earn a commission from Instacart from qualifying purchases.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Using a cast iron skillet, or a sheetpan, pour the tortilla chips into the bottom of the pan. Be generous, use at least half the bag.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, combine the diced chicken, red onion and buffalo sauce. Spoon the onion chicken mixture over the tortilla chips, top with shredded cheese.
- Place the pan in the preheated oven for 10-12 minutes until all of the cheese is melted.
- Remove from the oven and add your favorite toppers. Serve immediately!