This Buffalo Chicken Dip recipe with Hidden Valley Ranch Dip is perfect for game day gatherings and parties. It's easy to make and always a crowd-pleaser! It's a popular appetizer that combines the flavors of spicy buffalo chicken with creamy ranch dressing. This tasty dip has become a staple for parties and showers.
Why you'll love this recipe
✔️ You only need simple ingredients so you don't have to worry about spending a ton of money at the grocery store.
✔️ The combination of hot buffalo sauce and cool ranch dressing creates a delicious balance of flavors that will have everyone coming back for more.
✔️ It's delicious, perfect for game day, parties or movie night!
Please refer to the printable recipe card at the bottom of this post for the exact measurements.
- Hidden Valley Original Ranch dip mix
- rotisserie chicken
- cream cheese
- red hot sauce
- bleu cheese
- sharp cheddar cheese
- sour cream
- green onions (optional garnish)
This is an overview of the instructions. For complete directions, scroll down to the bottom.
- Preheat oven to 350° degrees. Prepare the baking dish, set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the ingredients, stir until blended.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared baking dish.
- Bake uncovered for 20 minutes or until mixture is hot and bubbly.
- Garnish with additional blue cheese, and thinly sliced green onions. Serve and enjoy!
- 1 quart casserole dish
- medium bowl
Don't forget to check out my Amazon storefront for some of my favorite products! 🛍️
Buffalo chicken dip is traditionally served hot, but it can also be served cold. It's a matter of personal preference.
Buffalo sauce is a tangy, spicy sauce made from a combination of hot sauce, butter, vinegar, and spices. Frank's Red Hot is a specific brand of hot sauce that is commonly used to make buffalo sauce. They are interchangable.
Yes, you can use canned chicken for this recipe. Just make sure to drain it well before mixing it with the other ingredients.
Test kitchen tips
- If you don't have a rotisserie chicken on hand, you can use any type of cooked chicken to make this creamy dip. Sometimes I will just poach a couple of chicken breasts and use those instead.
- I love to serve this dip with a variety of crackers, carrots, and celery sticks. Feel free to get creative!
- Not a fan of blue cheese crumbles? You can drizzle your favorite ranch dressing on top instead of the cheese crumbles. Fresh parsley will also add a touch of color if you don't have green onions.
- I like to use Frank's Red Hot Sauce when I am making a buffalo recipe like this one. However, you can swap it out and use your favorite buffalo sauce. Use a mild buffalo sauce if you are sensitive to spice.
- Feeling creative? Swap the shredded chicken in this recipe for cooked ground beef or even chorizo as the protein, ooh that's yummy!
- For some extra flavor, you can mix some sliced green onions into your chicken and cream cheese mixture.
Refrigerate -Store leftover dip in an airtight container in the fridge for 2-3 days. Don't worry though, I bet your family will be happy to devour the leftovers in no time!
Freezer - This dip freezes well! Just store it in an airtight container in the freezer for up to three months. Thaw in the fridge overnight before reheating.
Reheat - The easiest way to reheat this dip is in the oven. Preheat your oven to 350°F and bake for 20-25 minutes, until warmed through. You can also microwave it in short increments, stirring in between, until heated through.
We love our buffalo sauce recipes here!
- Buffalo Chicken Tater Tot Casserole is one of my easy recipes to make when I am craving buffalo chicken dip, but I want a full meal instead.
- Love buffalo wing sauce, but want something on the healthy side? This Air Fryer Buffalo Cauliflower is the perfect alternative.
- Are you are fan of buffalo wings but don't want to eat bone-in chicken? Try these Air Fryer Buffalo Chicken Bites next time. They have all the flavor of your favorite buffalo chicken wings without the bones.
- Are you looking for a cheesy dip for your next party? If so, you can't go wrong with this Classic Velveeta Cheese Dip recipe. Serve it alongside some tortilla chips and you have a great appetizer.
- Do you like to serve warm dips on Super Bowl Sunday? This Rotel Dip is a classic dip that is perfect for game day. Serve it piping hot with some tortilla chips or pita chips for the ultimate snacking experience, YUM!
- This Cuban Sliders recipe is another great appetizer to serve for your game-time party. It's filing, and handheld so your guests will love it.
Hey, if you want to catch all my videos, subscribe to my YouTube Channel. You'll be notified each time I share a new video!
This is a cheesy, delicious appetizer. Did you love it? I'd love it if you could take a moment and comment below. Thank you!
Hidden Valley Buffalo Chicken Dip Recipe
- 1 ounce packet Hidden Valley Original Ranch dip mix
- 1 ½ cups rotisserie chicken shredded or finely diced
- 8 ounce package cream cheese softened
- ½ cup red hot sauce or to taste
- ½ cup crumbled bleu cheese more for garnish
- ½ cup sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- ½ cup sour cream
- 2 green onions diced
I earn a commission from Instacart from qualifying purchases.
- Preheat oven to 375° degrees. Spray a 1-quart baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a medium size mixing bowl, combine the powdered ranch mix, chicken, softened cream cheese, bleu cheese, buffalo sauce, shredded cheese and sour cream. Stir until blended.
- Spoon the cheesy chicken dip mixture into the prepared baking dish.
- Bake uncovered for 20 minutes or until mixture is hot and bubbly. If desired place under the broiler for 2-3 minutes until the top is golden brown.
- Garnish with additional blue cheese and thinly sliced green onions. Serve with crackers, tortilla chips, carrots, celery and/or sliced baguette. Enjoy!