If you love a great tailgate or need a movie night snack this Cuban Sliders Recipe will be your new go-to! Made with Hawaiian Rolls they are sweet, buttery, salty, tangy, spicy, cheesy and amazing! Make them today!
Cuban Sandwich Sliders
At any given time there are at least two jars of dill pickles in our refrigerator. I’m obsessed with pickles. I’m not sure why?
When I was a teenager my summer job was working at Steinfeld’s Pickle Plant in Portland Oregon. So you’d think after wearing blisters on my thumbs from packing cucumbers into jars, I’d be sick of them.
But no. I eat pickles every day, sometimes several a day. I probably need to seek help! 🤣
When I first saw a recipe for a Cuban sandwich with a big slice of dill pickle
I first got the idea to turn this sandwich into a slider when we were home for Thanksgiving a few years back. I developed the recipe there. Served it up to my entire family (for the first time) and got their unanimous stamp of approval.
Cuban Hawaiian Sliders
Like my recipe for Sticky Chicken Wings with Blue Cheese Dip, Cuban Sliders are perfect for tailgating!
I have some high standards when it comes to game day food.
- It has to taste fabulous with BIG flavor.
- It can be eaten with your hands while watching TV or tailgating in a parking lot.
- Make-ahead is a must (because I ain’t gonna be in the kitchen during the game).
- They have to be easy.
This recipe checks all of those boxes!
Ingredients for Slider Recipe
Grocery list for sandwich recipe
- Hawaiian Rolls
- sliced ham
- dill pickles
- Swiss and cheddar cheese
- garlic powder
- poppy seeds
If you don’t have Hawaiian Rolls available, potato rolls would be a great substitute! You’re looking for
Mini Cuban Sandwiches
Steps to make Cuban Slider Recipe
- Prepare the butter sauce – melt the butter, add the spices and seasoning.
- Pour 1/3 of the sauce to the bottom of a baking dish.
- Slice the buns in half. Slather both sides of the buns with mustard. Put the bottom half in the butter baking dish.
- Pile on sliced cheese, ham, pickles. Top with Swiss Cheese, add the top of the slider bun.
- Finish by pouring the remaining butter sauce over the sliders. Cover and refrigerate.
- Bake for 30 minutes until the cheese is hot and gooey!
Serve hot right out of the oven, delish! Or serve at room temperature. I’ve enjoyed them both ways and they are amazing. That’s why these are great for tailgating and great for the big game!
Cuban Hawaiian Sliders
You will love these! They will be the first thing gone on the buffet. Cuban Sliders are sweet, buttery, salty, tangy, spicy, cheesy and amazing! They are perfect for game day!
Don’t forget to check out my Amazon storefront for some of my favorite products! 🛍️
What to serve with Cuban Sliders
If you’re looking for more eats to round out your party, here are some of my favorite easy appetizers, many are make-ahead!
I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
- You’ll need a great knife for all of this slicing and dicing! Click here for the knives I use and recommend.
- Here’s an affordable set of cutting boards for the kitchen.
When you make this please be sure to tag me on Instagram @bowl_me_over or #bowlmeover – I’d love to see your pictures! And if you get a chance, please comment and leave me a ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ rating below!
Cuban Slider Recipe
Cuban Sliders Recipe
- 1 package slider rolls (I used Hawaiian rolls – 12 roll package)
- 24 slices ham thinly sliced
- 12 slices Swiss cheese
- 6 slices cheddar cheese
- 1-2 dill pickles thinly sliced
- Butter Sauce
- 6 tbsp butter
- 1 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp pepper sauce (I used tabasco sauce)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsps poppy seeds
- yellow mustard
- Prepare the butter sauce – melt the butter, add the spices and seasoning. Add about a third of the sauce to the bottom of a baking dish.
- Slice the slider buns in half. Slather mustard on both sides of the sliced buns. Put the bottom half of the bun in the buttered baking dish.
- Top the bottom half of each bun with 1/2 slice of cheddar, 2 pieces of thinly sliced deli ham, sliced pickles and top with Swiss cheese. Finish by adding the top of the bun.
- Brush the remainder of the sauce over the top of the buns. Cover with foil. While you’re covering, press down lightly to bind the ingredients. Tuck in the refrigerator for four hours or even better – overnight.
- Remove the pan from the refrigerator and allow to come to room temperature for 15 minutes. Before baking loosen the foil from the top of the buns (that way they do not stick when you remove the foil after baking).
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Bake for 30 minutes. Remove the pan from the oven. Remove the foil and return the pan back to the oven and bake for an additional 5 minutes.