Chocolate Hershey's Pie is heaven on earth. I'm not sure what makes it so special, but every time I eat a piece, I'm transported to foodie paradise! If you've never tried this divine dessert, run to the grocery store and make it tonight! You won't regret it.
Why you'll love this recipe
What I love about this recipe is its simplicity! You don't have to break out the food processor or make homemade chocolate pudding with egg yolks - you only need three ingredients!
✔️ The chocolatey graham cracker crust and creamy filling are the perfect combinations of sweet and decadent.
✔️ This creamy pie is perfect for all the chocolate lovers in your family.
✔️ Best part? You'll only need three simple ingredients! This delicious pie is a chocolate lovers dream!
Please refer to the printable recipe card at the bottom of this post for the exact measurements for the Hershey's chocolate pie recipe.
- Pre-made chocolate Oreo pie shell or a ready-made graham cracker crust.
- Cool Whip - of course, you can make your own whipped cream with heavy whipping cream.... but why? Just grab a tub of cool whip!
- Hershey bars or your favorite milk chocolate bars.
This is an overview of the instructions. For the complete directions, scroll down to the bottom!
- Break Hershey’s chocolate bars into pieces.
- Place chocolate in a large microwave safe mixing bowl.
- Heat the chocolate in the microwave in 30 second increments. Stir the chocolate with a spatula or wooden spoon between each blast until melted and glossy.
- Fold Cool Whip into chocolate and mix until combined.
- Transfer the chocolate mousse pie filling into the chocolate pie crust. Garnish with additional cool whip and reserved chocolate pieces, if desired.
- Refrigerate for 3-4 hours prior to slicing. Enjoy!
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
- large bowl
- spatula or wooden spoon
Hershey's chocolate is great for melting! I find that it melts quickly and evenly, making it the perfect choice for this recipe.
Yes, Hershey's chocolate will harden if left to cool at room temperature. However, when mixed with whipped topping, it becomes the perfect creamy texture.
You can melt the chocolate on the stovetop if you don't have a microwave. Place the chopped chocolate in a heat-proof bowl set over a medium saucepan of simmering water. Stir the chocolate until melted and smooth. Remove from heat and continue with the recipe as directed.
Chocolate can seize, or turn into a thick clumpy mess, when it's overheated or if it comes into contact with water. If this happens, don't despair! You can often salvage seized chocolate by stirring in a few tablespoons of milk until smooth.
Things to know
- If you don't want to use a premade crust, you can make your own crust with chocolate graham crackers or with Oreo's mixed with melted butter.
- Instead of melting the chocolate in the microwave you can melt them over low heat in a double boiler.
- Be sure to stir the melted chocolate well in between times in the microwave so it doesn't scorch.
- Do not mix the chocolate and whipped topping with an electric mixer, this will cause the whipped topping to thin out.
- Turn a plastic bag into a piping bag by sniping off the tip and fill it with whipped topping to add pretty dollops to the top of the pie.
- For easy slicing, use a wet knife to get a perfect slice.
- Use a cheese grater for the chocolate curls on top of the pie - it's so pretty!
- If you are not a fan of Cool Whip, you can use homemade whipped cream.
- Can't find Hershey's bars? You can use Hershey's Milk Chocolate Chips instead.
- Take this sweet treat up a notch by adding a chocolate drizzle on the top with Hershey's Chocolate syrup.
- You can also top this pie with melted marshmallows if you want a s'mores taste.
Click on the image to watch this fun video and see me make this recipe from start to finish with extra tips! (Video opens in a new tab).
Refrigerate - Cover the leftover pie with the dome cover for the pie crust, and store in the fridge for up to five days.
Freezer - Wrap tightly in plastic wrap and store in the freezer for up to three months. Allow to thaw overnight in the fridge before serving.
- If you love creamy no bake pies like this one then give this No Bake Strawberry Pie recipe a try.
- Craving something sweet and creamy? Look no further than this No Bake Lemon IceBox Pie.
- Love pie? Then your entire family will enjoy this Fresh Apricot Pie, it's fruity and comforting and tastes amazing.
- Chilis Shrimp Tacos are a delicious meal and healthy to enjoy with this Hershey's No Bake Pie.
- Eating fresh and healthy veggies like these Roasted Green Beans and Carrots cancels out the calories in this creamy pie right?
- Simple on a refreshing glass of Strawberry Lemonade while you whip up this easy dessert.
Don't forget to check out my Amazon storefront for some of my favorite products! 🛍️
If you love this recipe please leave a ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ rating!
Chocolate Hershey Bar Pie Recipe
- 1 Oreo crust you'll need one 6 ounce crust
- 8 ounce Cool Whip thawed, plus a bit more for garnish
- 6 Hershey’s milk chocolate candy bars that's six 1.5 ounce candy bars
I earn a commission from Instacart from qualifying purchases.
- Beak the Hershey’s chocolate bars into pieces. Set aside six rectangles for garnish.
- Place them in a large microwave safe bowl.
- Heat the chocolate in the microwave in 30 second increments. Stir the chocolate with a spatula or wooden spoon between each blast. It should be melted and glossy
- Fold the Cool Whip into the melted chocolate and mix until combined.
- Transfer the chocolate mousse pie filling into the cookie crust. Garnish with additional cool whip and reserved chocolate bars or chocolate shavings.
- Refrigerate for 3-4 hours prior to slicing. Enjoy!