I hope you enjoy Spiced Apricot Pie, new family favorite!
Spiced Apricot Pie
Spice Apricot Pie is a great use of springtime apricots. The run adds a great flavor and spice. Top with a big scoop of ice-cream for a delicious dessert!
- 6 cups apricots pits removed, chopped into small pieces (no need to remove the skin)
- 2 cup sugar
- 1 lime zested and juiced
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup spiced rum I used Captain Morgan
- 4 tablespoons cornstarch mix well
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- cinnamon & sugar for dusting the top of the pie crust
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 pie crusts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- If you are making your own *pie crust, make in advance and refrigerate before preparing the fruit.
- Clean the apricots well, cut them in half. Remove the pits and chop them into small pieces. Place in a large bowl
- Add the remaining ingredients to the bowl and mix very well.
- Roll out the bottom pie crust and place in the bottom of the pie plate. Pour in the fruit.
- Roll out the second crust and place on top of the pie. Crimp the sides - this is to prevent the liquid from bubbling out. Sprinkle the top of the pie crust with about a 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon & a teaspoon of sugar. Dot with butter and cut several 1 inch slits into the top of the crust. This allows the steam to escape when it's cooking.
- Bake for one hour at 350 degrees.