Sweet and fresh homemade strawberry lemonade is an easy recipe that is a deliciously refreshing beverage, perfect for a bright spring day or hot summer afternoon. This recipe is so simple you’ll be making it all summer long!
Homemade Strawberry Lemonade
Today we’re wrapping up Easter Dessert Week and saving this for last? Well I tell you it’s quite the treat!
Have you ever made homemade lemonade? Seriously it’s to die for! My version is sugar free which makes it that much better!
My folks are visiting this week and safe to say (as usual) no one has went hungry! I think we will have enough leftovers in the fridge to last for a week when they are gone! Boy have went eaten well!
The first night they came I made my recipe for baked ham. It’s so good and when we haven’t been going out for lunch or dinner we’ve been making meals with leftovers and last night it was Navy Bean Soup using the hamhock, another favorite!
To go with I made Homemade Strawberry Lemonade and talk about a new favorite. My version is sugar-free (love that!) though you could certainly make it with homemade simple syrup so I’m including instructions for that also.
Homemade Strawberry Lemonade Recipe
Grocery list for Strawberry Lemonade
- simple syrup
Pretty simple huh? We loved it! Drank down every sip – delicious!
How many lemons does it take to make ½ cup?
On an average each lemon has about two tablespoons of juice. You’ll need about five lemons juiced.
How hard is it to juice a lemon?
It’s really simple and juicing the lemons takes less than five minutes! You’ll slice them in half and juice them. No peeling involved! I will include a link to my favorite juice below.
Can I use storebought lemon juice?
Well sure, but I’m not going to tell you it will taste as good as the freshly squeezed.
Does it matter what kind of lemons I use?
Meyer lemons have the best flavor and that would be my first choice!
How to make Simple Syrup
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
Add the water and sugar to a small pan on the stove. Bring to a boil and stir until the sugar is dissolved. Cool and refrigerate. It will last a month when refrigerated.
Lots of questions here, but I wanted to make sure I answered everything I could think of! Bottom line? This couldn’t be easier or more delicious!
How to make Strawberry Lemonade
Steps to make Strawberry Lemonade
- juice the lemons
- clean and diced the strawberries
- add to a blender and give it a whirl, blend until smooth
- next add the water and simple syrup and blend again
- serve over ice with lemon slices and strawberries
Have you tried this beverage? Here are more of my favorites!
- Paloma Cocktail Recipe with Blood Oranges
- Lemon Drop Martini
- Mango Madness Mocktail
- Whiskey Old Fashioned Sour
- Moscato Sangria
Amazon Disclosure: Some of the items below contain affiliate links; I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. However, I only promote things that I love and think you will love, too. For more information, please see our Disclosure Policy.
- Lemon Juicer – there are more expensive brands and versions, but this is simple and affordable. I’ve had mine for almost 10 years
- Grosche Pitcher – we LOVE this, stores easily in the fridge and perfect for orange juice, lemonade and flavored water!
- Sugar Free Simple Syrup – this is the product I use, I don’t taste any difference in flavor (between this and regular sugar). I highly recommend this product!
We’re still celebrating Easter Brunch Week! Be sure and scroll down a little further to enter the giveaway!
Also, I’d love it if you would give me a five-star rating below, I know you’ll love this recipe! If you snap a photo and share it please tag me #bowlmeover or @bowl_me_over so I get to see your pics!!!
You’re going to love Homemade Strawberry Lemonade! Takes less than 10 minutes to make and serves four. I’m thinking a spike version may be next…. what do you think?
Homemade Strawberry Lemonade Recipe
- ½ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 cup diced strawberries
- 2 cups water
- ½ cup simple syrup
- Wash the lemons and strawberries.
- Slice the lemons in half and juice.
- Remove the hull and dice the strawberries.
- Add the lemon juice and strawberries to a blender and blend until smooth. Add the water and simple syrup and give it another whirl.
- Serve with sliced lemons and fresh strawberries for garnish.