Want a better burger? How about giving these ridiculously delicious, juicy grilled turkey burgers a try? They are so juicy and flavorful that you'll be bbq'ing them every chance you get!
If you're still hungry for great bbq, this is one of my favorite Tri Tip recipes!
Why you'll love this recipe
I know you might think that a delicious turkey burger is a misnomer, but I'm here to tell you that's simply not true! This is the BEST ground turkey burgers I've ever had!
✔️ Moist and flavorful.
✔️ A healthier choice.
✔️ You won't believe how good these are!
So they CAN be tender and juicy! Follow this recipe for the best grilled turkey burgers ever!
Please refer to the recipe card at the bottom of this post for the exact measurements. You'll only need a few simple ingredients to make these delicious burgers!
- Lean ground turkey breast or ground chicken will work for this recipe!
- onion - well minced
- mayonnaise - it's the secret ingredient and crucial in this recipe! It adds much-needed fat for flavor and added moisture.
- Bread crumbs for the binder.
- Parmesan or Romano cheese
- Worcestershire sauce - use soy sauce if a substitution is needed
- Montreal Steak Seasoning - store-bought or homemade, either will work! You can use turkey burger seasoning, it's filled with garlic powder, onion powder, and poultry seasoning, but I prefer the Montreal Seasoning. It's spot on for this recipe.
If you're serving these as burgers, you'll need buns and all your favorite burger toppings: lettuce, tomato slices, sliced red onion, pickles, mustard, ketchup, and mustard!
This is an overview of the instructions. For the complete directions just scroll down to the bottom!
- Measure out the ingredients and put everything in a large bowl.
- In a medium bowl, lightly mix turkey and ingredients. Don't over-mix.
- Separate the meat mixture into four equal portions.
- Form turkey burger patties and refrigerate covered with plastic wrap.
- Grill until thoroughly cooked, and finish with your favorite toppings!
These can be cooked on your outdoor grill, on the stovetop with a grill pan, or simply using a fry pan.
Oven fried instructions
- Cook them in the oven by preheating the oven to 375.
- Place in a large skillet; once you have a nice golden crust, flip and place the pan in the oven for 8-10 minutes.
- Check to ensure they are thoroughly cooked before serving.
They really don't shrink because the fat content is much less than beef patties.
No, but you'll want to ensure they are cooked to 165 degrees. Use an instant-read meat thermometer to ensure they are completely cooked.
Yes, you'll need a binder, or the patties will crumble. This recipe uses mayonnaise, an egg, and bread crumbs.
Breadcrumbs actually help keep the patties from falling apart and make them more tender! Don't skip them!
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Best turkey burger recipe! I make them once a week!Dana
- Start with clean grill grates and before the burgers go on the grill, make sure the grill is HOT!
- You can use a charcoal grill or gas grill. You can also use a grill pan on the stovetop.
- Keep the turkey burger patty cold before slapping on the grill and flip them as few times as possible. This will help keep the meat tender and juicy!
- Don't over-mix the meat, it will make the burgers tough.
- Allow the cooked patties to rest about five minutes before eating.
- Click here to learn how to make hamburger patties. Get all the tips and tricks!
- If you don't want (or don't have!) any breadcrumbs, there are several substitutions you can use; crushed pretzels, cornflakes or Rice Krispies (really any sugarless cereal). You can also use rolled oats.
- No mayonnaise; use an egg instead.
- Make healthy turkey burgers by ditching the burger bun and make lettuce wraps instead!
- Turn these into Southwest Turkey Burgers by topping with an avocado mash - delicious!
- Swap out the ground turkey for lean ground beef.
- Since this was photographed, I began using brioche buns. Let me tell you, that's yummy! Be sure to butter and toast the buns for even better flavor and texture.
Got leftover juicy grilled burgers? Lucky you! Allow them to cool completely, wrap well and refrigerate or store in an airtight container. Save them for a lunch sandwich- they are also delicious cold! Reheat in a frying pan or even in the microwave.
Wrapped well leftovers can be frozen for up to 3 months, enjoy!
I'm such a big fan of ANYTHING grilled! This is super evident here - all your summer grilling recipe favorites in one spot!
- If you love this recipe, try Kimchi Burger Recipe with Spicy Mayo - it's a hearty burger filled with beef and sausage and topped with pickled cabbage. It's really the best combination.
- Grilled Shrimp Kabobs are a super easy weeknight meal!
- For my vegan and vegetarian friends, give this Nut Burger Recipe a try! It's filled with a big meaty taste from cashews, sunflower seeds, walnuts, and almonds. A high-speed blender is required to really pulverize the nuts. This is one tasty meal!
- And if you'd prefer ground beef burgers, check this out; how to cook frozen hamburger patties in the oven. Speaking of oven baked... be sure to try this Lipton Onion Soup Baked Burgers recipe! Or grilling frozen burgers! When it comes to burgers, I gotcha covered! 🤣
- Here's one more to enjoy! This Portobello Mushroom Sandwich is a meal we enjoyed in Hawaii. It's dripping in BBQ sauce and topped with a tasty slaw. YUMMY!
- Enjoy your homemade grilled turkey burgers, with barbecue sauce! This recipe for homemade plum bbq sauce is outstanding!
- Mom's Deviled Egg Potato Salad Recipe - this old fashioned recipe has been in my family forever.
- Burger and fries go together like peas and carrots, right? I love me some sweet potato fries! This recipe has step by step instructions to make sure you get a crispy fry - yum!
- Vegetable foil packets in the oven or on the grill - either way works! Prepare your favorite veggies and wrap them in foil. Everyone gets their own packet. Who wouldn't love that?!!
Don't forget to check out my Amazon storefront for some of my favorite products! 🛍️
If you love this recipe please leave a ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ rating!
Juicy Turkey Burger Recipe
- 1 pound ground turkey you can use ground turkey or chicken
- ¼ cup onion finely minced
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup bread crumbs
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon Montreal Steak Seasoning
- Burger fixin's as desired! Buns, sliced pickles, tomatoes and onions.
I earn a commission from Instacart from qualifying purchases.
- Measure out the ingredients and put everything in a large bowl.
- Lightly mix it together. Separating the turkey burger mixture into four portions helps you keep the patties uniform in size.
- Form into burger patties and refrigerate covered with plastic wrap for at least 15 minutes to firm up the meat.
- Grill turkey burgers over medium heat, flipping every 3-4 minutes. Check to make sure they are completely cooked with an instant read thermometer (165 degrees).
- Serve with your favorite fixin's and enjoy!