Grilling Frozen Burgers is easy! You don't have to thaw them first, just put them straight on the grill. This is a great way to prepare dinner quickly on busy weeknights or when cooking for a crowd!
Did you know you can also make Frozen Burger Patties in the Oven? It's another simple way to get dinner quickly!
Why you'll love this recipe
✔️ These burgers can be ready in minutes.
✔️ There is no need to thaw the patties, which is great when you are in a hurry. Just follow these simple steps!
✔️ Perfect for busy weeknights after work or sports when you need dinner fast.
Please refer to the printable recipe card at the bottom of this post for the exact measurements.
- frozen hamburger patties
- non-stick cooking spray
- grill seasoning
- sliced cheese
- burger buns
This is an overview of the instructions. For complete directions, scroll down to the bottom!
- Preheat your gas grill until it reaches 400 degrees. If you're using charcoal, light the coals and wait until become white. Spread out coals.
- Place each frozen patty on the grate. Grill until juices just begin to emerge (about 5 minutes) and you have great grill marks, flip burgers, and grill on side two.
- Season both sides with grill seasoning.
- Add a slice of cheese the last minute of grilling so the cheese can melt.
- Loosely cover cooked patties with aluminum foil patties until you're ready to build the burgers.
- Top with your favorite fixings and enjoy!
An easy way to separate a frozen burger patty if they are stuck together is to pry them apart with a butter knife.
Yes! This is a great way to cook them if you are in a hurry. You don't have to thaw the patties first, just put them straight on the grill.
Most of the time you will want to keep the grill lid closed when cooking burgers. This helps to cook them evenly and keeps the temperature more consistent.
Burgers should be cooked to an internal temperature of 160 degrees. Use an instant-read meat thermometer to check the temperature of the burgers before removing them from the grill.
Things to know
- Ensure your grill is preheated before you add your burgers to it. Food doesn't stick to a hot grill.
- I like to spray my grill grate with nonstick grilling spray to prevent the patties from sticking.
- Watch your burgers closely so that they don't burn, especially if you are using a charcoal grill that you can't control the temperature on.
- Once you see the juices start to emerge from the burgers, give them a flip and continue cooking on the other side.
- Serve with hamburger buns and your favorite toppings.
- Cooking time will vary based on the size of the frozen hamburger patty. Frozen burgers should be cooked until the internal meat temperature reaches 160 degrees.
- You can follow these instructions for frozen turkey burgers if you prefer them instead of beef patties. Just make sure to cook the turkey burgers until they reach a safe internal temperature.
- If you do not like grilling seasoning, you can use your favorite seasoning, like garlic powder, onion powder, or even seasoned salt.
- You could also brush your brush meat patties with barbecue sauce at the last minute of the cooking process for a flavorful twist.
Refrigerate - Cooked burgers can be stored in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Reheat the burger patties in a skillet on the stove on medium heat with a tablespoon of water. Or you can reheat it in the microwave until warm all the way through.
Freezer - Cooked burgers can be frozen in a freezer-safe container for up to 3 months.
- If you don't feel like heating up your grill tonight or the weather is bad, you can still make a good burger using this Air Fryer Burgers recipe. It's a great way to enjoy a hearty burger in the winter.
- If you are trying to heat a little healthier, you can also make these Juicy Grilled Turkey Burgers to satisfy your burger craving still but eat fewer calories.
- And or even more great ideas, check this out for the BEST Frozen Hamburger Recipes.
If you're new to grilling, learn how to season the grill here!
- Of course it's really not burger night without Mom's Deviled Egg Potato Salad. It's the BEST!!
- These Refrigerator Pickles are my favorite pickles to top delicious burgers with. They are so easy to make and full of tangy dill flavors. You won't regret making these homemade pickles.
- Do you want to add a tangy sauce to your juicy burgers? If so, you will want to make this Smashburger Sauce. It's an excellent copycat for your favorite restaurant burger sauce.
- If you are looking for another topping for your burgers, then this Tomato Relish is for you. It's a fresh and healthy topping!
- If you're looking for an easy side, make Bacon Wrapped Asparagus - so tasty!!
Don't forget to check out my Amazon storefront for some of my favorite products! 🛍️
If you love this recipe please leave a ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ rating!
Grilled Burger Patties from Frozen
- 8 frozen hamburger patties
- non-stick cooking spray
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon grill seasoning or seasoning salt
- 4 slices Monterey Jack cheese you can also use American cheese or Swiss cheese slices.
- 1 tablespoon butter softened
- 4 burger buns
- burger fixings - thinly sliced onion, lettuce, sliced tomatoes, mayonnaise, mustard, ketchup
I earn a commission from Instacart from qualifying purchases.
- Preheat your gas grill until it reaches 400 degrees. If you're using a charcoal, light the coals and wait until they become white. Spread out coals.
- Clean the cooking grates. Scrape the grill until it's clean. Spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Lightly season both sides of the frozen burger patties with salt and pepper.
- Place the frozen patties on the grate. Grill until juices begin to emerge. Depending on the thickness of the burgers that will take anywhere from 3-5 minutes. Flip burgers and grill on side two.
- Season both sides of the burgers again with the seasoning salt as they are cooking.
- Add cheese about the last minute of grilling so the cheese can get melted.
- Don't forget to grill your burger buns! Spread the buns lightly with butter. Grill for a minute, cut side down until the buns are brown and crispy.
- Now it's time to build your burgers. Top with your favorite fixings and enjoy!