Korean inspired Kimchi Burger is a big beefy burger with tons of flavor! Sausage, beef with warm spices topped with kimchi make this a burger worth talking about! If you’re looking for hearty flavor, this is the burger for you!
A huge thanks to the #BurgerMonth sponsors for the Ultimate Burger Grilling Giveaway: Cabot Cheese, Char-Griller Grills, Crow Canyon Home, Porter Road, Melissas Produce, Red Duck, Spiceology, & Western BBQ. #ad
Hey friends, did you know this is Burger Month? Yup! So this month in addition to all of the amazing recipes I shared for Summer Grilling I’m also grilling up some great burger recipes to share with you!
Additionally, there’s a giveaway that goes along with it! You can check it out below, there’s a TON of bloggers participating with some epic burger recipes!
Be sure to follow along every day for the entire month of May for chances to win the Ultimate Burger Grilling Giveaway and check BurgerMonth.com daily for all of the amazing bites!
So… why kimchi + burger? Are you thinking I’ve lost my mind? 🤪 Well let me tell you to me they go hand in hand!
I’ve been working on this recipe for a while and I will tell you if you like a burger with a pickle or burger with coleslaw (and who doesn’t, right?!!) then you will love this combination.
Never tried kimchi? Well, that needs to be changed asap! I’m a big fan of Korean food – Korean Black Bean Noodles, Korean Style Beef Broccoli Rice Bowl and my recipe Korean BBQ Beef Bowl uses it as a garnish. This Kimchi Grilled Cheese sounds dynamite! Korean food has lots of flavors and warm spicy heat.
It’s a favorite!
Korean Kimchi Burger
Grocery list for Kimchi Burger
- ground beef
- ground pork
- burger buns
- ground ginger
- onion powder
- granulated garlic
- Sriracha or garlic chili paste
Is Kimchi good or bad for you?
I’ve talked a bit about kimchi before – suffice to say I think it has gotten a bad wrap. It’s big and flavorful. It can be spicy or mild, your choice!
Good or bad? It contains fermentation which aids in digestion. Just like anything else, enjoy in moderation!
What is the best kimchi?
That’s going to be up to your taste buds. I like the spicy version. I’d also tell you this is definitely a product that you get what you pay for. If you buy the cheapest half price jar, it probably won’t taste as good as the more expensive version. It runs about $4/jar here in California and I find it in the refrigerated section near the chilled salad dressings.
Can kimchi go bad?
An opened jar can stay good in the refrigerator up to 12 months as long as the cabbage stays covered with liquid. Personally, I make a point of using within a month of opening.
What other uses are there for kimchi?
- Great on a grilled cheese sandwich
- Spice up your Taco Tuesday night with an Asian twist
- Jazz up your deviled eggs
- Delicious in fried rice!
What’s your favorite way to enjoy Kimchi?
Now let’s talk burgers!
Why does my burger fall apart when I’m grilling it?
Often times when you are mixing ingredients the protein warms up. When this happens, it won’t stick together when it’s on the grill.
- Quick fix? After forming the patties tuck them into the refrigerator for a half hour. This will cool the meat and help it stick together better!
- You can make them ahead, even a day ahead, cover and refrigerate and they will be ready when it’s grilling time!
When is a burger done?
- According to the USDA burgers are done when the internal temperature reaches 160 degrees – for more recommendations click here.
Korean Style Burger
What do you think, are you ready to give this big burger a try? I hope so! Here’s how easy this is to make!
Steps to make Korean Kimchi Burger
- Start by dicing the bread and adding it to the milk, set aside.
- Combine the beef, pork and spices in a large bowl.
- Squeeze the milk from the bread, add the bread to the bowl also. Discard the milk.
- Mix the burger ingredients together and form into four patties and chill.
- Mix together the spicy mayonnaise ingredients, cover and refrigerate.
- Chop the kimchi and set aside. Be sure it’s drained well.
- Preheat the grill.
- Grill the burgers and toast the buns.
- Top burgers with cheese and allow to melt for the last couple of minutes they are on the grill.
- Remove and build burgers!
Some of the items below contain affiliate links; I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. However, I only promote things that I love and think you will love, too. For more information, please see my Disclosure Policy.
- Grab this Plastic Cutting Mat Set – super convenient, easy clean-up – you’ll love these!!
Be sure to leave a comment below and tell me what you think of this recipe, I’d love a five-star rating!! AND if you make it, be sure to tag me @bowl_me_over or #bowlmeover
Korean Kimchi Burger
- 1 lb. gound beef
- 1/2 lb. ground pork
- 1 slice bread
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp Sriracha sauce
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- Spicy Mayo
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2-3 tbsp Sriracha sauce
- 1/2 cup kimchi well drained and finely chopped
- 4 burger buns
- Trim the crust from the bread and cut it into a small dice. Add to the milk to absorb all the liquid possible.
- Add the beef, pork and all of the spices to a large bowl.
- Squeeze the milk from the bread. Discard milk. Add the bread to bowl also.
- Mix the burger ingredients together and form into four patties. Cover and refrigerate for 1/2 hour.
- While the patties are chilling, mix together the spicy mayonnaise ingredients, cover and refrigerate.
- Drain the kimchi, finely chop, set aside.
- Preheat the grill to 350 degrees.
- Grill the burgers to desired degree of doneness. Grill the buns to toasty goodness too!
- Top with cheese and allow to melt for the last couple of minutes of grilling.
- Remove and build burgers! Slathering the buns with spicy mayo, burger pattie and a mound of kimchi. Serve immediately - enjoy!
Sign up for emails here!Don't worry, we don't share emails!
A huge thanks to the #BurgerMonth sponsors for the Ultimate Burger Grilling Giveaway: Cabot Cheese, Char-Griller Grills, Crow Canyon Home, Porter Road, Melissas Produce, Red Duck, Spiceology, & Western BBQ.
Check out some really epic burgers from Girl Carnivore and these awesome bloggers:
🍔 Girl Carnivore 🍔 A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures 🍔 A Simple Pantry 🍔 Abra’s Kitchen 🍔 AcadiaTwo’s Kitchen Antics 🍔 An Affair from the Heart 🍔 Bakersbeans 🍔 Betsi’s World 🍔Caroline’s Cooking 🍔 Cindy’s Recipes and Writings 🍔 City Living Boston 🍔 Cluttercafe 🍔 Cooking With Carlee 🍔 Convos with Karen 🍔Daily Dish Recipes 🍔 Dance Around The Kitchen 🍔 Dixie Chik Cooks 🍔 Dizzy Busy and Hungry 🍔 Doodlecraft 🍔 Everyday Eileen 🍔 Family Around the Table 🍔 Family Food on the Table 🍔 Family Spice 🍔Farmwife Feeds 🍔Food Above Gold 🍔 For the Love of Food 🍔 Grillax.com 🍔 Grilling Montana 🍔 Grumpy’s Honeybunch 🍔 Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks 🍔 Honeybunch Hunts 🍔 Intelligent Domestications 🍔 It Is a Keeper 🍔 Jolene’s Recipe Journal 🍔 Jonesin For Taste 🍔 Juggling Act Mama 🍔 Karen’s Kitchen Stories 🍔 Kate’s Recipe Box 🍔 Krazy Kitchen Mom 🍔 Life Anchored 🍔 Life of a Ginger 🍔 Mildly Meandering 🍔 Miss in the KItchen 🍔 Palatable Pastime 🍔 Pastry Chef Online 🍔 Perspective Portions 🍔 Plowing Through Life 🍔 PNW Eats 🍔 Pook’s Pantry 🍔 Real Life With Dad 🍔 Sarah’s Cucina Bella 🍔 Seduction In The Kitchen 🍔 Simple and Savory 🍔 Souffle Bombay 🍔 Spiced 🍔 Spoonabilities 🍔 Strawberry Blondie Kitchen 🍔 SueBee Homemaker 🍔 Sumptuous Spoonfuls 🍔 Sweet ReciPeas 🍔 Swirls of Flavor 🍔 Take Two Tapas 🍔 Tampa Cake Girl 🍔 Taste And See 🍔 The Baking Fairy 🍔 The Beard and The Baker 🍔 The Complete Savorist 🍔 The Crumby Kitchen 🍔 The Heritage Cookbook Project 🍔 The Keto Guy 🍔 The Redhead Baker 🍔 The Rowdy Baker 🍔 The Schmidty Wife 🍔 The Shirley Journey 🍔 The Spiffy Cookie 🍔 This Farm Girl Cooks 🍔 Thyme for Cocktails 🍔 We are not Martha 🍔 Well Fed Baker 🍔 West Via Midwest 🍔 Who Needs A Cape? 🍔 Wildflour’s Cottage Kitchen 🍔 Wok & Skillet 🍔