Sweet, tender shrimp take just minutes to make on the grill. That’s what I’m talking about! How to grill Shrimp Skewers for a quick and easy weeknight meal! This meal couldn’t get any easier or any more delicious! Let me show you some quick shortcuts and you’ll be making these shrimp kabobs for dinner tonight!
How to Grill Shrimp Skewers
Today’s #SummerGrilling recipe has been sponsored by The Spice House, however, all opinions are my own. #ad #SummerGrilling #TheSpiceHouse
One of the reasons I love shrimp is because it’s such an easy weeknight meal and tastes just delicious! I have several great shrimp recipes on the blog – Garlic Parmesan Roasted Shrimp and Garlic Shrimp at the Shrimp Shack!
Yup, shrimp is a fav here at the house and my favorite dunkers for shrimp is this easy Shrimp Cocktail Sauce Recipe. It has just a handful of ingredients, but packs a ton of flavor. It’s perfect for dunking shrimp, crab or just about any kind of seafood!
When I’m grilling just about any protein, I try to keep it simple. Olive oil and seasoning, perhaps some sauce at the end – your choice!
Easy Grilled Shrimp Skewers
My first tip for making this is a simple meal is to purchase shrimp that has been shelled and deveined. Keep it easy-peasy!
My second tip is kinda silly but my market sells peeled, deveined shrimp that have already been skewered and they are just a buck! Is that crazy or what? $4.00 and we have the main dish for our dinner!
These are perfect for a meal, great for appetizers and delicious over a salad – seriously you can’t go wrong!
Grocery List for Grilled Shrimp Kabobs
- peeled, devined shrimp
- olive oil
- grill seasoning
- non-stick coating
Shrimp Kabobs on Grill
Tips for Purchasing and Grilling Shrimp
- buy shrimp on the day you’re going to use it
- it should smell like the ocean – not fishy or spoiled
- refrigerate it prior to grilling
- rinse and pat dry before putting on the grill
What should grilled shrimp look like?
One of the biggest mistake people make with shrimp is overcooking it. When properly the tails of the shrimp will be pink and the flesh just slightly white. Overcooked the flesh will be bright white and the shrimp will be rubbery.
Cooked shrimp will curl into a little C shape.
Is it better to grill shrimp with shell on or off?
I don’t think it makes a different in flavor and frankly it’s much easier to deal with when you’re enjoying your meal when the shells are already removed.
Is shrimp supposed to be chewy?
It’s easy to overcook shrimp. It just takes minutes per side. Shrimp shouldn’t be chewy or dry. They should taste sweet, flavorful and moist.
Easy Grilled Shrimp Skewers Recipe
Steps to Grill Shrimp Skewers
- Preheat the grill.
- Rinse the shrimp, pat dry and skewer.
- Brush the shrimp with olive oil.
- Sprinkle with seasoning.
- Grilled for 5-7 minutes total, turning once during grilling.
What to serve with grilled shrimp
- Garden Salad Recipe with Creamy Vinaigrette
- Deviled Egg Potato Salad
- Slow Cooker Baked Beans
- Easy Strawberry Shortcake would be perfect for dessert!
More Shrimp Recipes to try!
- Shrimp Scampi Linguine Recipe
- Panda Express Honey Walnut Shrimp
- Grilled Shrimp Nicoise Salad Recipe
- Spicy Thai Noodle Soup with Shrimp
Amazon Disclosure: Some of the items below contain affiliate links; I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. However, I only promote things that I love and think you will love, too. For more information, please see our Disclosure Policy.
Be sure to tag me on Instagram @bowl_me_over or #bowlmeover – so I get to see all of your great pictures!!
Before you go, be sure to scroll down and enter the giveaway – I’d love it if one of my readers won!!!
How to Grill Shrimp Skewers
- 1.5 lb. shrimp
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp grill seasoning
- non-stick coating for grill
- Preheat the grill to 350 degrees.
- Rinse shrimp, pat dry. Skewer the shrimp.
- Prepare the shrimp skewers by brushing lightly with olive oil.
- Sprinkle the shrimp with seasoning.
- Grilled the skewers 5-7 minutes total, turning once during grilling.
Enter the #SummerGrilling Giveaway!
Official Rules and Conditions for the #SummerGrilling Giveaway: Official Rules and Conditions for the #SummerGrilling Giveaway: One grand prize winner will receive a prize package including:
- iGrill Mini Grilling Thermometer from BBQGuys
- Case of Cornbread Crisps from Farmer’s Pantry
- Indoor Searing Grill from Hamilton Beach
- Stella High Ball Glassware from Joy Jolt
- Best Seller Collection from The Spice House
- 1 Year Supply of Syrups from Torani
- $100 via PayPal
Open to US residents 18+. One (1) winner will be chosen. Prize must be claimed within 48 hours of announcement or a new winner will be drawn. Prize will be delivered electronically. All entries will be verified. This giveaway is in no way associated with Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, Instagram, Rafflecopter, or any other entity unless otherwise specified. Giveaway ends 5/18/2019. Enter using the widget below. Comment each day for even more chances to win!