You'll love this light and delicious Shrimp Scampi with Vegetables. Sautéed shrimp, pasta and vegetables in a light, lemony garlic wine and butter sauce. Best part? This simple seafood dish gets dinner on the table in less than 20 minutes!
Next time try this recipe for Air Fryer Fried Shrimp Recipe.
Why you'll love this recipe
✔️Only 20 minutes from start to finish!
✔️It is light and flavorful with a pop of red and black pepper spice.
✔️Shrimp Scampi Linguine is a classic Italian dish. It's an easy recipe, that's quick and delicious.
This is a meal your whole family will love, but fancy enough for a dinner party!
You'll only need a handful of simple ingredients. Please refer to the printable recipe card at the bottom of this post for the exact measurements.
- large shrimp, peeled and deveined.
- butter or olive oil - I prefer butter because it adds more flavor.
- baby portobello mushrooms or white mushrooms and fresh tomatoes - you can also add green beans, green or red bell pepper and red onion.
- frozen peas
- linguini pasta - angel hair pasta, even zucchini noodles would be amazing!
- lemon, garlic clove
- salt, freshly ground black pepper, red peppers flakes
- dry white wine - a crisp chardonnay, pinot grigio or sauvignon blanc are the best choices.
- garnish with fresh parsley.
This is an overview of the instructions for the shrimp scampi recipe. For complete directions, just scroll down to the bottom!
- Boil the pasta in salted water.
- Heat the skillet. Add butter and sauté the mushrooms.
- Add the tomatoes and garlic.
- Next add the shrimp and season with salt, pepper and red pepper flakes. Cook shrimp until golden on side one, flip on side two. Do not overcook the shrimp!
- Drizzle with wine and heat thru. Remove from heat and add the lemon juice and zest. Toss to combine.
- Next add the pasta and toss to combine everything really well. Add the frozen peas last, toss again - you'll love these light, rich flavors!
The following are affiliate links. We participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Shrimp Scampi sauce is a light sauce made with butter, wine and pasta water, often served with pasta or rice.
Make a slurry with a teaspoon of cornstarch and water. Whisk it into the sauce.
Use chicken broth, chicken bullion or pasta water.
A squeeze of fresh lemon and minced parsley will brighten the flavors and finish the dish perfectly.
The secret to great sautéed mushrooms is to add them to a hot, sizzling pan and do not touch them or salt them. Allow them to sauté on side one for three-four minutes over medium heat before flipping and sautéing on side two.
The best type of shrimp for this dish is large or extra large shrimp.
I love incorporating the pasta into the skillet with the vegetables and shrimp rather than to serve over pasta. It makes the pasta so much more flavorful!
Spaghetti Noodles aren't just for spaghetti is what I'm saying! Check out these amazing recipes.
- Lemon Pasta - this recipe is SO SIMPLE but filled with bright lemony flavor!
- Shrimp and Chicken Cajun Pasta has all the flavor and the cheesy sauce is SO GOOD!
- Korean Black Bean Noodles - authentic flavor, rich thick and delicious!
- Chicken Spaghetti with Rotel - this is so creamy and addicting. You won't be able to have just one plate!
What goes best with shrimp scampi?
This is a great meal, and you can keep it really simple. Grab a salad in a bag at the grocery store and top it with some yummy Poppy Seed Salad dressing! Other great shrimp scampi side dishes are:
- Grilled asparagus would be a wonderful side dish with this meal!
- You'll definitely want some crusty bread, so be sure to serve Air Fryer Garlic Bread. I love how crisp this bread gets, it's the perfect side dish!
- Or make some homemade of these easy yeast rolls, they are so good!
- For dessert a slice of No Bake Lemon Ice Box Pie would be AMAZING!
Don't forget to check out my Amazon storefront for some of my favorite products! 🛍️
If you love this recipe please leave a ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ rating!
Shrimp Scampi with Vegetables
- 1 lb. raw shrimp shells removed, deveined
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 8 oz. mushrooms sliced (I used presliced)
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes
- ½ cup peas frozen
- ½ pound linguine
- 2 lemons zest of half a lemon, juice of half a lemon. Slice the other lemon in half and grill,
- 4 cloves garlic
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ⅛-1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes use to your taste
- ½ cup white wine dry white wine
I earn a commission from Instacart from qualifying purchases.
- Put a large pot of water on to boil. When it comes to a rapid boil, add a tablespoon of salt. Return to a boil and add the pasta. Cook pasta to al dente.
- Next heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add the butter and when it is hot and foaming add the mushrooms. Allow to caramelize on each side - about three minutes per side.
- Now add the tomatoes and garlic - be careful, the garlic burns easily! Sauté for about one minute.
- Next add the shrimp and season with salt, pepper and red pepper flakes. Cook until golden on side one, flip on side two. Be careful, do not over cook!
- Wait until the shrimp are golden brown before turning.
- Drizzle in the wine and heat thru. Remove from heat and add the lemon juice and zest. Toss to combine.
- Next add the pasta to the seafood and white wine sauce to the garlicky shrimp. Combine everything really well. Toss it together several times. Add in the frozen peas last, toss again. No need to cook them - the heat from the meal will warm the peas perfectly!
- Finish with freshly grated parmesan cheese, fresh lemon juice and minced parsley.