Homemade salad dressing is easier to. make than you think and tastes 100 times better than store-bought! This delicious Panera Poppy Seed Dressing is so yummy and just like your favorite restaurant!
Why you'll love this recipe
✔️ Better than store-bought.
✔️ Easy to make.
✔️ Completely delicious!
For the exact measurements, please refer to the printable recipe card at the bottom of this post.
- mayonnaise or Greek Yogurt
- cider vinegar
- poppy seeds
- black pepper
This is an overview of the instructions. For the complete directions just scroll down to the bottom!
- Combine all the ingredients and mix well with a wire whisk, or place in jar with a screw top lid and shake vigorously.
- Refrigerate for an hour prior to using.
- It will keep in the refrigerator for several days.
The base for poppy seed salad dressing is either mayonnaise or Greek Yogurt.
Poppy seed dressing will last refrigerated for about 2 weeks.
Yes, you can fail a drug test by eating poppy seed dressing and it doesn't take that many either!
You'll know it's bad by giving it the sniff test. If it smells off, discard it. It could also develop mold or turn color. If it does, toss it.
Refrigerate - Store leftovers in an airtight jar, refrigerated. It will keep up to two weeks.
If you enjoy homemade salad dressing, here are more of our favorites.
- 1000 Island Salad Dressing - This is the perfect combination of sweet and tangy.
- Greek Salad Dressing - Light and bright it's perfect for your Mediterranean Salad.
- Homemade Vinaigrette - Another fresh topping for your favorite salad.
- Slather your burger with Smashburger Sauce! It's also terrific for dipping fries as well!
You know, I'm a big fan of delicious salads with homemade salad dressing. There's nothing better than a great fresh salad!
- This is delicious over tossed with your favorite greens!
- I've also used it to dress coleslaw - yum!
- Poppy Seed Dressing would also be delicious with a Chopped Salad.
- Super yummy on this BLT Pasta Salad Recipe too.
Don't forget to check out my Amazon storefront for some of my favorite products! 🛍️
If you love this recipe please leave a ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ rating!
Poppy Seed Salad Dressing
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
I earn a commission from Instacart from qualifying purchases.
- Combine all the ingredients and mix well with a wire whisk.
- Refrigerate for at least an hour prior to using. It will keep in the refrigerator for several days.
Sign up for my recipes here!!Don't worry, we'll never share your email.
So if you're going to go to the effort of putting together a beautiful, healthy salad, taking just a few minutes to make your own dressing is an effort worth taking! Plus it's easy and super good.
I made the Panera Poppy Seed Dressing to serve with a spinach salad. This salad has dark green spinach, fresh crunchy romaine, red onions, spicy radishes, salty black olives, sweet strawberries, sunflower seeds.
What is your favorite salad dressing?