Thousand Island Salad Dressing
No salad dressing? No time to run to the store? Making your own salad dressing is easy and much more flavorful than store bought. Completely delicious too! Here’s an easy recipe I know you’ll love!
Hey you and welcome to 2017! It’s been pretty quiet from me huh? Well my hubby had two weeks off and I did something I don’t usually do…. I took the entire time off too.
I figured if he’s taking time off to spend time with me, the last thing I should be doing is sitting at the computer. So the end of 2016 was wonderful. We took time off, went for a couple day trips, spent the holidays with my family up in Sacramento. Life is good!
One of the things I got for Christmas was a slab of marble. Now…I know you’re thinking I’m crazy right? Or maybe even thinking my hubby is nuts for getting this for me? Nope! It’s just what I wanted. Isn’t it gorgeous? 😀
I’m limited by the lighting in our home to take natural photographs. I’ll be using this beauty to tuck up against the window. I’m pretty excited about the white background. Our black dining room table sucks the light right out of a photo. This should be super cool!
The first photos I took are the recipe I’m sharing today for Thousand Island Salad Dressing. Now there’s obviously going to be a learning curve for me. But there is no learning curve when it comes to making this salad dressing.
It is easy.
It is delicious!
Making your own dressing is so much better! It will keep in the fridge for several days too.
I have two favorite uses for Thousand Island Dressing – one is shrimp salad.
And the other is Taco Salad. The only thing this Salad is missing is a big dollop of dressing right on top!
and don’t forget when you’re putting that taco meat together to use the taco seasoning mix I posted last week! Or a Rueben Sandwich? Corned beef, Swiss cheese, sauerkraut…. oh yeah – now you’re speaking my language!
Sorry, got distracted again! You’re here to get the recipe right? 😀
Five minutes to put this easy salad dressing together. That’s it! If you have time, make it ahead and tuck it in the fridge for an hour or two. If you don’t do like I did last night – drizzle it over your salad and dig right in!
What is your favorite way to enjoy Thousand Island Salad Dressing?
Thousand Island Salad Dressing
- 1 cup mayonaise
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon sweet relish
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice - just a squeeze optional
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- dash tabasco sauce
- Pretty simple directions....combine everything and mix really well. If you want to make it easy on yourself, put it all in the food processor and give it a whirl. That's it! You can use this right away, but if you have time, refrigerate for a couple of hours to combine the flavors. Thousand Island Salad Dressing will keep in the refrigerator for 3-4 days. Home-made means you know what's in it and it tastes so much better!
- Why not make your own salad dressing? Thousand Island Salad Dressing is simple to make and you probably have all of the ingredients on hand! Fresh is best!