This copycat Texas Roadhouse Butter recipe tastes just like the real deal and you can whip it up in the comfort of your own kitchen to serve with warm rolls, English muffins or French Toast!
If you love this recipe, next time try this Orange Jelly Recipe - it's a burst of sunshine in every bite!
Why you'll love this recipe
- This homemade cinnamon honey butter tastes just like the original Texas Roadhouse sweet cinnamon butter!
- This recipe calls for pantry-staple ingredients which means it’s budget friendly and incredibly convenient seeing that you’ll likely already have the ingredients on hand.
- It freezes well so you can make a few batches ahead of time for use whenever desired.
- This sweet butter pairs beautifully with so many foods and recipes. I’ve seriously lost count!
For the exact measurements for the Texas Roadhouse Butter, please refer to the printable recipe card at the bottom of this post.
- unsalted room temperature butter - you can use salted butter, just omit the added salt.
- powdered sugar - this needs to be powdered sugar for a silky smooth texture.
- ground cinnamon
- kosher salt
This is an overview of the instructions. For the complete directions just scroll down to the bottom!
- Place the butter in a medium-sized mixing bowl and using a hand mixer, beat until smooth.
- Add honey, sugar, salt and cinnamon. Whip until completely combined.
- Taste and adjust seasonings if desired.
- Place in airtight container for storage.
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
No, the results will not be the same, use real butter!
You can substitute a zero calorie powdered sugar for the full strength, however the resulting butter will not be silky smooth. I would not substitute the honey.
It will last three days on the counter top and two weeks refrigerated. If you're going to keep it any longer, freeze it up to three months.
You bet it is! Compound butter is simply unsalted butter mixed with other ingredients and this Texas Roadhouse butter is no exception - using cinnamon and honey with powdered sugar as the main flavor contributors.
Use real butter - this isn't the time to save calories!
The honey will be easier to measure and pour if you spritz the measuring spoon with non-stick spray.
Leave the butter out overnight. That way it's super easy to mix together and will get ultra silky smooth!
For best results use a stand mixer with the whisk attachment, or a hand mixer.
Make a double batch! You'll be surprised how quickly this will disappear. Because it freezes well, you can make a double-batch and pop the extra cinnamon butter in the freezer!
- While I’ve used unsalted butter for this sweet cinnamon butter, you could use salted butter instead. Just omit the salt called for in the recipe card.
- Adding in 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract is another delicious way to vary this compound butter.
- Use maple syrup instead of honey to give this homemade butter more of a fall flavor.
It can be left on the counter up to three days. The butter is best served at room temperature.
- Refrigerator - store in an airtight container in the refrigerator up to two weeks.
- Freezer - I recommend a plastic airtight container for the freezer. If you place it in glass and then freeze, the expansion of the solids may crack the glass as it freezes. It will last well sealed up to three months frozen.
There are so many benefits to making your own homemade butter and spreads. It’s cheap and easy and tastes so good! Why not give this
- Crockpot Pumpkin Butter - this is heavenly and so simple to make! Your crockpot does all the work.
- Christmas Cookie Fig Jam Recipe - sweet and heavenly!
- Cowboy Butter - easy to make and terrific on grilled chicken and steak or garlic bread
- Strawberry Jam - this is everyone's favorite homemade jam.
Um... everything! 😋
I honestly think it was made to slather on skillet cornbread recipe. Seriously, it's just that good! Of course, it's delicious on your morning toast or this easy dinner rolls recipe!
Sweet potatoes - heavenly with this compound butter!
Cinnamon rolls - it will take them right over the top! Top toasted English muffins (I absolutely love this recipe!), that would be heavenly! And of course toast!
Delicious on pancakes, French toast or waffles! This
Serve spread on warm banana bread, mmmm!
This is a lovely hostess gift as well, keep this in mind for the holidays. It would also be a perfect DIY gift for the kids to help you with! What Grandma, Grandpa, Aunt or Uncle wouldn't love to receive a jar of this butter.
Since it's such an easy recipe to make, it's done in a snap!
Don't forget to check out my Amazon storefront for some of my favorite products! 🛍️
If you love this recipe please leave a ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ rating!
Texas Roadhouse Cinnamon Butter Recipe
- ½ cup unsalted butter room temperature
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch kosher salt
I earn a commission from Instacart from qualifying purchases.
- Place the butter in a medium-sized mixing bowl and using an electric mixer, beat until smooth.
- Add the honey, sugar, salt and cinnamon and whip again until smooth and silky.
- Taste and adjust seasonings if desired.
- Place in an airtight jar.
- Serve with rolls, bread and other baked goods. Devine on cornbread!
Tasted great! Had just a little bit too much honey though, I would recommend 1.5 tablespoons or so.
I love Texas Roadhouse honey butter! It tastes amazing on so many things! Thank you for sharing your version of it!
Bowl Me Over
You're so welcome Karen - enjoy!!