Crock Pot Pumpkin Butter Recipe - Slather this creamy, luscious butter on toast or muffins! It's so delicious and filled with yummy fall spices, it's a great way to get your pumpkin fix. You'll love this easy to make recipe.
Next time try this recipe for Orange Jelly, it's one of the best homemade jam recipes!
Why you'll love this recipe
If you're looking to cozy up to the fireplace and enjoy a great book with a delicious snack, you should definitely start here! Now pumpkin butter isn't actual butter... but you just night think this tastes even better!
✔️ It's rich and luscious filled with fall spices and flavors! Made in the slow cooker, this recipe couldn't get any easier!
✔️ Fall is just around the corner and that means all things pumpkin!
✔️ It would be a lovely hostess gift for the holidays as well!
You'll only need a handful of simple ingredients for this delicious recipe. For the exact measurements, please refer to the printable recipe card at the bottom of this post.
- canned pumpkin puree - don't be afraid to double this recipe, it disappears in a snap! You can also use fresh pumpkin puree.
- white sugar
- brown sugar
- all spice
This is an overview of the instructions for the crockpot pumpkin butter. For the complete directions just scroll down to the bottom!
The prep takes maybe 10 minutes (and that includes pulling out and dusting off the crockpot) and 3 to 3 ½ hours cooking time. All you need to do is stir it once an hour to avoid scorching!
- Combine the ingredients in the crockpot.
- Cook on low heat for 3 - 3 ½ hours, stirring occasionally.
- Place in a container and refrigerate or freeze.
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
- This is the Crockpot I have - I've had it for years, it's durable and easy to use.
- These canning jars are super pretty and would be lovely if you're giving the crock pot pumpkin butter as a gift!
Pumpkin butter is made of sugar and spice and pureed pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix).
Home canning is not recommended for pumpkin butter because of the low acidity, even if you use a water bath. However it can be easily preserved by freezing!
When it's cooled, ladle the butter into small jars and refrigerate. It will last 5-7 days in the fridge.
Test kitchen tips
- Be sure to stir it every hour so the bottom doesn't scorch.
- If you're out at the pumpkin patch and want to make your own pumpkin puree, it's not hard at all. Just be sure to get baking pumpkins! If you want to get the skinny on how it's done, you can check it out here!
- Make it now for Thanksgiving or Christmas and freeze and just like that.... one spectacular side dish is done!
- If you're missing one of the spices, try substituting pumpkin pie spice.
- If you want to thin out the butter, use a splash of apple cider or apple juice.
Allow to cool completely. Store in an airtight container. I use small six to eight ounce containers or a small mason jar (jam jars) they are just about the right size! Refrigerate 5-7 day. This freezes nicely up to three months.
If you enjoy this recipe, here are more favorite pumpkin recipes from the blog!
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies are an easy cake mix cookie recipe filled with fall spices and pumpkin flavor.
- Pumpkin Pancakes - what's not to love here?!!! I make these several times in the fall. They are lovely for breakfast or brunch, I've even made them for dinner. These are light, fluffy pancakes!
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread - easy to make, this sweet decadent quick bread starts with a cake mix. It's easy to make and just delicious!
- If you love all things fall, be sure to try these chewy pumpkin cookies!
Instant Pot Apple Butter - This is another easy to make fruit butter, perfect for fall.
Are you wondering what to serve this on? Well the short answer is everything! 😋 Seriously though this is delicious on dinner rolls, English muffins or sliced bread.
- Slathered on pull apart cinnamon rolls, it takes them to a whole new level!
- You could stuff these homemade cream cheese danish with the delicious pumpkin butter recipe. Wouldn't that be wonderful for brunch? Now that sounds amazing!
- These Brown Sugar Stuffed Cookies would be lovely with a dollop of this easy slow cooker pumpkin butter instead of jam?!!
- You can even add it to the top of ice cream - wouldn't this be delicious over a homemade vanilla ice cream?!!!
See? Pumpkin Butter isn't just to slather on toast, though that would be lovely as well!
Don't forget to check out my Amazon storefront for some of my favorite products! 🛍️
If you love this recipe please leave a ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ rating!
Slow Cooker Pumpkin Butter Recipe
- 15-16 oz. pumpkin puree Be sure to use pumpkin puree, not pumpkin pie filling.
- ¾ cup white sugar
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- ½ tsp. nutmeg
- ½ tsp. ginger
- ½ tsp. all spice
I earn a commission from Instacart from qualifying purchases.
- Add all of the ingredients to the crockpot, mix well.
- Cover and cook on low for 3-3.5 hours. Stir once an hour to prevent scorching.
- Allow to cool. The butter will thicken as it cools.
- Store in the refrigerator or freeze to preserve.
Sign up for my recipes here!!Don't worry, we'll never share your email.
This recipe was originally shared on Freaky Friday Recipes. That's when a number of us bloggers get together and switch blogs to share for the day.
This go-around I was assigned Who Needs A Cape? And let me tell you, Lori and knows her way around a kitchen!
I decided since this our fall edition I definitely wanted to make something with apples or pumpkin and began pursuing her blog. I ended up on the slow cooker tab and quickly went down the rabbit hole!
Guys, there are a TON of recipes there so be sure to stop by and visit Lori's blog and check out her little slice of the internet. In addition to having an abundance of terrific recipes, she also shares DIY tips, family and travel.
When you check out her recipe for Baked Pumpkin Oatmeal, you'll know why it was so hard for me to choose! Then there is Pumpkin Bread, which is absolutely delicious with the streusel topping, yum!! Or No-Bake Pumpkin Cheesecake Balls!
So hard to choose!
So after long deliberation, the recipe I decided upon..... drumroll please.... is a Crockpot Pumpkin Butter Recipe! And you will love it!