Do you make your own jams and jellies? It’s so worth it! The flavors are amazing, rather than eating sugar, homemade jams and jellies are full of fruit and oh so delicious! They make fantastic gifts for the holidays and there’s not a better breakfast than a slice of toast with homemade jam.
My very good friend Michelle shared this recipe long ago. Mandarins are my favorite winter fruit, they have such a delicate flavor and are quite the treat. This jam is a bit more advanced. It’s not hard, but it takes a bit of time to extract the juice from the mandarins, but it’s oh so worth it!
Sweet Mandarin Sunshine Jelly
Sweet Mandarin Sunshine Jelly has all the flavors of summertime packed into a delicious jar!
- 4 cups fresh mandarin juice don't strain, just pull out seeds and big pulp pieces
- 7 cups sugar
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 package Liquid Certo Pectin Pectin
- Add juices, sugar and butter and bring to a boil. Boil hard for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Add 1 package Liquid Certo, bring to boil and boil hard for 1 minute more.
- Remove from heat and let sit for a minute. Skim off foam that has formed on the top. Makes 6 to 7 pint jars of jelly.