Easy to make Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread Recipe! This quick bread is. a fall favorite! Packed with tons of chocolate chips, nuts and loads of pumpkin flavor. It's super moist and easy to make because it all starts with a cake mix!
✔️ This recipe starts with a cake mix.
✔️ It's an easy recipe, great for a snack or holiday dessert.
✔️ It's rich and delicious!
For the exact measurements, please refer to the printable recipe card at the bottom of this post.
- spice cake box mix - yes you are reading that right! Using a box mix for a great flavor shortcut!
- canned pumpkin puree - be sure to get pumpkin puree and not pumpkin pie mix.
- eggs - to add richness and helps the bread rise.
- oil - use corn or canola oil.
- chocolate chips - this time I used a combination of mini chocolate chips and dark chocolate. Use your favorite!
- chopped walnuts - the nuts are optional, but I think they really add great texture to this quick bread.
This is an overview of the instructions for the Pumpkin Bread with Cake Mix Recipe. For the complete directions just scroll down to the bottom!
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Chop the nuts, prepare the baking pan.
- Mix all of the ingredients together until just combined.
- Pour into loaf pan.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
- baking sheet
- cooling rack
Yes, you'll want to refrigerate it to extend the shelf life. If you're going to gobble it down that first day, no problem! It will last on the counter just a couple of days.
Test it with a toothpick - insert it into the center of the loaf, if it comes out clean, it's done!
Walnuts, almonds, hazelnuts or pecans are a great edition. You can sprinkle the top with toasted pumpkin seeds before baking too.
Slather sour cream frosting over the top of the loaf after it cools - THAT will take it to the next level!
The oil in this recipe really helps keep this loaf moist. After it's baked, just be sure to wrap it well. That will keep it from drying out.
Things to know
- Be sure to spray the pan well with non-stick cooking spray prior to adding the dough. That will make it a lot easier to get out of the pan.
- After removing the chocolate chip pumpkin bread from the oven, allow it to rest 10 minutes. Then run a knife around the edges, invert it and the loaf will slip right out.
- Set the loaf on a cooling rack and allow it to cool completely before slicing.
Refrigerate - For longer shelf life, wrap it in plastic and then foil. Refrigerated it will last 5-7 days.
Freeze - up to 3 months.
- Let's start with these sticky buns using frozen bread dough. Just like your favorite cinnamon rolls and super easy to make!
- Zucchini Bread - great for breakfast and a yummy snack!
- Old Fashioned Persimmon Cookies - sweet and delicious these cookies will be everyone's favorite.
- Brown Sugar Cookie Recipe - these are soft and chewy and filled with your favorite jam.
- Frosted Butterscotch Cookies - another great soft and chewy cookie smeared with an amazing brown butter frosting.
- Best Butter Cookies Recipes - all you'll need here is a cup of tea!
Don't forget to check out my Amazon storefront for some of my favorite products! 🛍️
If you love this recipe please leave a ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ rating!
Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread Recipe
- 1 box spice cake mix
- 1 14.5 oz. can pumpkin puree
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup oil
- ¾ cup chocolate chips
- ¾ cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare the loaf pan by spraying it well with non-stick coating, set aside.
- Lightly chop the nuts.
- Pour the ingredients into a large mixing bowl and mix by hand until just combined. Pour into the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 for 45 minutes
Sign up for my recipes here!!Don't worry, we'll never share your email.
I'm a firm believer in keeping things simple and that even means for Thanksgiving.
Since Christy and Chloe were coming and I know they really like pumpkin cookies I thought I'd try something different and made my favorite Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread Recipe!
It's such a simple recipe and even easier to make than the cookies because there is no standing at the counter, portioning them out and waiting to pull them out of the oven.
So much easier and so tasty too!